Dallas :season 3, Channel 5

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i just watched Dallas now..its so much better watching on a Friday night :D lot's of shouting and arguing, love the whole drama Lol
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame they couldn't get the original actress who played Tracey back.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have bad news I'm afraid Linda Gray has twittered that the Save Dallas campaign has failed and the show will not be continuing for a fourth season.

http://tvline.com/2014/11/19/dallas-cancelled-season-4-tnt-2/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I have bad news I'm afraid Linda Gray has twittered that the Save Dallas campaign has failed and the show will not be continuing for a fourth season.

http://tvline.com/2014/11/19/dallas-cancelled-season-4-tnt-2/

:( Happens to all my favourite shows.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Such a shame - I loved this show! It was just as good as the original series.....with or without JR!! John Ross was just as bad a villain as his father.
    Can't blame Channel 5 for shunting it to a midnight slot - even if it had been Prime-Time - it has been axed by the US, so tough luck all round!

Linda Gray is a guest on Loose Women next Tuesday - we might find out a bit of gossip there!
    Forum Member
    Shame they couldn't get the original actress who played Tracey back.

oh, i thought she was the original actress :confused: she looks like her

most of the old actors/tresses have died :( I wiki ed them ages agop to see what they were up to, and was quite shocked by some

It's getting more grittier and gruesome , with the hands in a box, but i guess it was gonna be summat like that..I mean these were Mexicans so i doubt that that was chocolates in the box :D ..Please let there be another series :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas is much hotter than Jon Ross or Christopher.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    oh, i thought she was the original actress :confused: she looks like her

most of the old actors/tresses have died :( I wiki ed them ages agop to see what they were up to, and was quite shocked by some

It's getting more grittier and gruesome , with the hands in a box, but i guess it was gonna be summat like that..I mean these were Mexicans so i doubt that that was chocolates in the box :D ..Please let there be another series :(

http://dallasdivasderby.com/blog/2014/06/boom-bust-tracey-mckay-returns-dallas/
    I have only read the first paragraph of this, I didn't scroll down in case it has spoilers, I recommend not scrolling down past the first paragraph - but it's safe to click on, it gives you the actresses info.
  • Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicholas is much hotter than Jon Ross or Christopher.:blush:

He is, but I wouldn't say no to any of them :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fee77 wrote: »
    He is, but I wouldn't say no to any of them :D

The actor is Argentinian.
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    The actor is Argentinian.

But strangely used to appear in Scottish soap River City where he played an Italian called Luca! He's very international 😃
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigraboi wrote: »
    But strangely used to appear in Scottish soap River City where he played an Italian called Luca! He's very international 😃

Was that only on TV in Scotland? I've never heard of it.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is so OTT. The story twists and turns with nearly every scene.
    Really enjoyable though and I will miss it when it finishes.
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Was that only on TV in Scotland? I've never heard of it.

Yes I think River City is only shown on BBC1 Scotland. It's been running since the early 00s but Juan Pablo's stint was quite a few years back, just after he'd appeared in that infamous aerobics video for Eric Prydz track Call On Me.
    Forum Member
    wow,saw Linda Gray on Loose Women this week and she looks great..fair do's to her :D

not watched Dallas yet as i like to watch it late on a Friday night :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actor who plays Luis (I think that's his name, the drug dealer who's in charge, not the 'big boss') has so much air-time - he should be in the opening credits.
    Forum Member
    The actor who plays Luis (I think that's his name, the drug dealer who's in charge, not the 'big boss') has so much air-time - he should be in the opening credits.

just watched Dallas and i was gonna say he is sexy as hell :D in a sort of rough way haha

Love Dallas, wow so Bobby has to choose after doing a deal with Luis :o girl or the wife..Oohh so one of them will be angry with him :D two feisty women, don't mess with either of em Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    just watched Dallas and i was gonna say he is sexy as hell :D in a sort of rough way haha

Love Dallas, wow so Bobby has to choose after doing a deal with Luis :o girl or the wife..Oohh so one of them will be angry with him :D two feisty women, don't mess with either of em Lol

I know what you mean, I might get 'Stockholm Syndrome' if kidnapped by him......:blush:
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I been enjoying Dallas but been recording it and watching it the next night. In the last few years 5 out of 7 US shows that I have been watching have ended or are coming to an end soon.

Darrem
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dallas new and Dallas old are brilliant.

Been watching CBS drama Season 5 - fantastic
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like in time for CBS drama to come to Freeview.
    I have Freeview and Youview with BT TV.

Darren
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Dallas new and Dallas old are brilliant.

Been watching CBS drama Season 5 - fantastic

i bet it;s shocking seeing the new compared to the old ones..we have more stuff going on at the moment :o:D
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain what the hell is going on?

From what I can tell JRJR took the company public so that the Saudi Prince could buy it... and then what?

The games geek was given money by the cartel to buy the company and then sell it off at 70c on the dollar. But doesn't that mean they are loosing money on the deal?

Cliff Barnes wants the company that he built up, back. But from who? There's Barnes Global that Pamela is in charge of and Ewing Energies that the Ewings own, so which does he want?

I'm so confussed.
  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I think the Saudi Prince only wanted the company so that he could then bid on the arctic leases - as only Americans (or American companies) can do that. John Ross would then technically have had control of the company as the Prince would always have sided with him (he thinks).

The cartel only want the company to launder their drugs money through, I don't think they care about its assets they're selling off - they're just doing that to get the money back they gave to the games geek.

Back in the last series Cliff Barnes bought Ewing Energies' bank loan, which then they defaulted on meaning he (or Barnes Global) seized the company. So I think BG and EE are now one and the same company, that everyone is trying to get control of!!
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Rozzi.