Glee S5 (UK Pace/Spolier Free)

167891012»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I can't help feel Rachel's latest career move is one lucky break too far. Though part of me thinks that as far back as the pilot all she cared about was being a 'star' no matter what that meant, so deciding her dream role on broadway isn't her dream role after all comes as little surprise really.

I agree it seems they don't know what to do anymore. Not a popular opinion but I miss the high school glee club element of the show. My personal hopes for season 6 are a couple of episodes back at McKinley with Marley et al and then tie up all the rest of the storylines from the 'NYC' characters

They really should have been brave enough to go with a New York spin off, and have Glee with the New New Directions. Sadly they let Sugar and Sunshine. But the 'Rachel Berry Show' fans have spoilt the show insisting that it be all about her.

The New York era shows that she can't carry the show on her own.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    They really should have been brave enough to go with a New York spin off, and have Glee with the New New Directions. Sadly they let Sugar and Sunshine. But the 'Rachel Berry Show' fans have spoilt the show insisting that it be all about her.

The New York era shows that she can't carry the show on her own.

I'm also one of those who think Glee should be about [McKinley] Glee Club, though I admit the New New Directions were pretty half-assed most of the time.

I'm in juke box mode now, batching episodes up on Sky + and fast forwarding the all too frequent boring and stupid bits, and recently watching S2 reruns at the same time. Talk about chalk and cheese.

Though I'm no fan of Lea's voice, the verbal tics and constipation faces, "Glitter in the Air" was one of my season favourites, and her talent for light comedy sometimes shines through, such as the scene with the agent Mr Rifkin last time (played by Larry David's annoying Cousin Andy from Curb) - so if S6 is god help us totally Rachel-centric, that ff finger is going to get a workout.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fed up with La Berry as well. They should have really just left her storyline with her getting U/S for Funny Girl (rather than the unlikely lead role she got).

That song she sung in the diner to the writer - utterly pointless. Talking of the writer, isn't it ironic that the scriptwriters wrote a plot about a terrible plot? #hastag#hastag.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't really happy with that as a finale, if I'm honest. It just felt all over the place. And I have to agree - even as something of a Rachel fan - the incredible luck that's just falling in her lap is pushing how far I can suspend my disbelief, even for Glee.

Although Kurt and Blaine's 'American Boy' duet was hilarious, particularly Blaine's "tell 'em wagwan, blud!" line :blush: