advice please: girl friend wants to sleep with her ex

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
Forum Member
ive been living as couple with my girl friend for around 6 months. all was well until she told me she had slept with her ex on two occasions. were still together and she has said its me she wants "full time"... she still keeps in regular contact with her ex via fb messaging, what is peoples advice?
thanks
worried

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly normal to me, why do you see it as a problem?
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    I think you deserve better OP.

If she's sleeping with her ex then she's not over him.

You deserve someone who is only invested in you and deserve better than this cruel mistreatment.

Don't put up with this mistreatment. I would be looking her to move out or moving out myself but as she cheated twice I'd want her out.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'd be worried too. If it's you she wants, why has she slept with her ex not once, but twice since being with you? I'd have a problem trusting her to be totally honest, and wouldn't be too comfortable with her still keeping in touch with her ex.

That said, I'd have ditched her after the first mistake of doing it; once a cheater, always a cheater. I suppose you can live and forgive a first time, but a second? No excuses. Sorry man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    thanks for the replies... shes been a long standing friend of his, can i tell her not to see him, shes still on about visiting him again?
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    If she's really in love with you she'll stay clear of him. If she doesn't, then I'd get dump her I'm afraid. Good luck x
    Forum Member
    thanks for the replies... shes been a long standing friend of his, can i tell her not to see him, shes still on about visiting him again?

She wants to visit him again because she knows you will put up with her treating you like dirt.

This will destroy your self esteem if you let her do this.

I know it's hard especially if you love someone but she's not treating you in a respectful manner at all.

You can and will do better and deserve better.

I suggested moving her out-only if she has somewhere to go, not out on the streets obviously.
    Forum Member
    Telling someone (you're in a relationship with) that they can't see a friend is a tricky subject. I'm not going by experience here, I'm using common sense. One of two things are likely to happen as a result, you'll either end up arguing over it, and she'll play the sympathy case to which you'll give in, her friend will arrive, and they'll sleep togther again or she'll ditch you because you're not being fair.

I don't think it's a case of that anymore though; she's cheated on you, twice. It shouldn't be a case of "should I let her ex come and stay" it should be you asking yourself whether you really want to stay with this person.
    Forum Member
    just to clarify, i live with her in her (rented) home.... and she wants to go to visit him at his.
    Forum Member
    Then obviously you can't kick her out then.

You should look at getting a new place.

You deserve a woman interested in you and you alone.
    Forum Member
    just to clarify, i live with her in her (rented) home.... and she wants to go to visit him at his.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but what difference does this make?

If she goes to visit him, you know what's going to happen. Regardless of that, it still doesn't change the fact that she's already cheated on you, with him, twice. You think she's going to care about doing it a third, fourth, fifth (etc) time? If you put up with it now, she'll no doubt use that to her full advantage.

Ditch her?

Edit: if you care for her enough, then you should sit her down, and explain to her that you don't like the idea of her going to visit this friend because of her previous encounters with him. Maybe suggest that you go visiting with her? If sex (with her ex) is no big deal, then she's unlikely to make that big a deal of it, but if that's what she's got on her mind, then she obviously isn't going to want you there. If it comes down to her going alone, then I fear it'll be time for an ultimatum; him or you.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    If you put up with it she will keep doing it, Tell her if she keeps seeing him alone at his place then you will have to move out, If she wants you and not him she will stop seeing him

Or accept that she is going to do this as long as you let her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

The OP's girlfriend is sleeping with her ex. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    OP, I think it's obvious that she isn't over him and prefers him instead.
    You should either have a discussion with your girlfriend about this or leave her and find someone better.

Best of Luck :)
    Forum Member
    i suggested id go with her after the first time, she said no and she wouldnt do it again... i saw her message to him telling him nothing can happen and he replied ok. she said if i trust her she could go on her own. i then find out that she had in fact slept with him again.
    Forum Member
    OP there are plenty of good single women out there who won't mistreat you like this.

As for her expecting your trust.

Trust has to be earned. She's done nothing to earn it.

I know how hard it is when you love someone but this sounds like a toxic relationship and she's treating you badly.

Learn to love yourself, and kick the bride down the aisle.
    Forum Member
    i suggested id go with her after the first time, she said no and she wouldnt do it again... i saw her message to him telling him nothing can happen and he replied ok. she said if i trust her she could go on her own. i then find out that she had in fact slept with him again.
    Apparently you can't trust her then.

Why are we even having this conversation still? You can obviously read what we're all saying cause you're replying to us, though our words/advice doesn't seem to compute.

She will not be faithful to you. You've got two choices. Either suck it up, and know that you'll be in an open relationship (of sorts) and that she'll play away occasionally, or stop it from happening (either by telling her no, or by finishing it with her). There's no more advice you're going to be able to get from anyone else here, I wouldn't have thought.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Join us after the break when we reveal the results of the lie detector!"
    (Cut to ad for Foxy Bingo)
    Forum Member
    thanks for those helpful replies... i think i have some thinking to do.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for those helpful replies... i think i have some thinking to do.

What's to think about?

Would you like Jeremy's help? If you'd like to be a guest on The Jeremy Kyle Show please check the list below:

Relationships
    If you’re worried your relationship will breakdown unless things change, please call Tom on 0161 952 0741 or e-mail tom.walker1@itv.com

Lie detector
    If you need a lie detector test to save your relationship and would like the chance to appear on the show, please call Please call Alastair on 0161 952 0777 or email Alastair.mcmullan@itv.com
    Forum Member
    I hope you're ok one more thing.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find a place. Move out. Don't meet up with her again.

You can keep it amicable though in the process.

Sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    What's to think about?

Would you like Jeremy's help? If you'd like to be a guest on The Jeremy Kyle Show please check the list below:

Relationships
    If you’re worried your relationship will breakdown unless things change, please call Tom on 0161 952 0741 or e-mail tom.walker1@itv.com

Lie detector
    If you need a lie detector test to save your relationship and would like the chance to appear on the show, please call Please call Alastair on 0161 952 0777 or email Alastair.mcmullan@itv.com

Thanks for the details. I've saved them because they'll probably come in handy some day.

To the OP:
    You don't need no scrub who don't treat ya right, ya feel me? Nuh-uh. (To be read in an African-American woman's voice. For the full experience, imagining pouted lips and exaggerated gestures, including finger clicking, is also recommended).
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »

I thing P2O is being flippant.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Ramo1234 wrote: »

You don't see the irony in my post or the reason for my closing question??

The OP asks for advice on a situation that is clearly unacceptable however way you look at it. What advice do they need? Do they really need 'helpful' replies telling them that its wrong. Its stating the obvious.

OP if you just want to come on here and rant then that's ok, but asking for advice on this is a bit daft.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP...assuming that this is genuine because it seems barely credible that somebody would ask advice about something so obvious...sounds to me like she wants out of your relationship and is hoping that treating you so shoddily will make you get fed up and move out. Either that or she thinks you're an idiot.