Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 15)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    It's just a bullshit story from start to finish, I can't imagine Doug doing that to his own family and I can't imagine Ste going along with it.

It is a horrible, horrible storyline and no one is coming out of it well.

Not Ste, not Doug and not Leanne.

This is why I hate HOs sometimes.

On this we can at least agree. Who ever came up with this SL needs firing. It is neither interesting or believable. The fact that you and I have different opinions about who is the worst transgressor is irrelivent. It is an appalling SL, were as you say, no-one is the winner as everyone comes out a loser character wise. But I am sure in true HO style, all will be forgotten soon enough.

I am sure HO are rubbing their hands that the SL has created somewhat of a debate albeit over who is most to blame, when in fact the SL is not really worthy of any comments, other than how poor it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So caught up quite a bit on HO.
    Might be in the minority here but I'm enjoying the wedding storyline. Looking forward to seeing this unfold. I like Doug's dad. Funny how he told Dodge to put on a shirt. Hah.
    Always good to see Dennis.
    Texas and Dodger is just becoming weird. Somehow I feel Texas is too smart for him.
    Also really looking forward to Later. Really excited about that.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I promise I will stop going on about this after this post.

And Leanne, if she really was as deluded as they are showing her to be, getting excited by a fake wedding to a gay man, just because she has always wanted a perfect wedding, then she wouldn't be at large to get married, she would be in a mental hospital with no access to sharp things.

They are making her look like a total lunatic.

And if they have her marrying Dennis when Doug runs after Ste, this is my current theory on the story, then they would both be locked up and in straight jackets.

Apart from the fact it would be illegal and the marriage not recognised it would be ridiculous.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I just caught up on yesterday's C4 episode on 4oD (I missed it on Friday's E4 and yesterday) and in one scene the Kanes (and George) said to Ash "you're the one with the job". What happened to George's job at Frankie's shop? I remember him getting his job back there, and I don't remember him being let off. If he got let off then it'll have been off screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Ok erm what the hell has happened to Maddie's voice? :/
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I just caught up on yesterday's C4 episode on 4oD (I missed it on Friday's E4 and yesterday) and in one scene the Kanes (and George) said to Ash "you're the one with the job". What happened to George's job at Frankie's shop? I remember him getting his job back there, and I don't remember him being let off. If he got let off then it'll have been off screen.

Considering just after he got it back, he closed the shop and left to go to Abersoch for a week without telling Frankie, he probably got the sack.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member

I assumed he lost it the day he walked out and closed the shop and then went on holiday, which I am pretty sure was the episode or the episode after he got his job back.
    Forum Member
    First half of the C4 episode (yesterday's first look E4), I loved the scene with Neil and Jono, and then Maddie made it even better. The boys were being believable (the "I would" is common :p) and then Maddie casually putting them in their place was also funny to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    nathtay wrote: »
    Ok erm what the hell has happened to Maddie's voice? :/

I thought that!:confused:
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Considering just after he got it back, he closed the shop and left to go to Abersoch for a week without telling Frankie, he probably got the sack.

He left but didn't lock up. Which was ridiculous.
    Maddie is so vicious. She better get her comeuppance soon.
    Forum Member
    Ste's being annoying. He's always so moody and seems to be mad at Doug when it was all Ste's idea to con Doug's own grandmother out of money, when neither Doug OR Leanne actually wanted this. Both Doug and Leanne came round and now Ste acts like he doesn't want it.

Fortunately Doug mentioned it's Ste's idea so the writers didn't forget that bit.

I also actually like how Esther is feeling like she's being bullied by Maddie. At least someone realises what she does. Even those bullied by her never see it (Ruby). If someone is actually aware that she's doing this then we may actually see a consequence for Maddie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from Nancy, Darren Frankie scenes, I have loathed the first part
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    lol Dennis
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Tom's back after a year long holiday.
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom - unlikely to get phased by people seriously ill!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    How old is Tom? he looks about 10 years old :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is this wedding so this ridiculous plot go can be forgotten forever?

Frankie, Nancy and Darren are the only saving grace in this episode.

Erm, Nancy's only just told Frankie she's pregnant? Can no one see her bump?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, time for my daily rant lol. Tilly GROW UP. This is all. (I'd have let her rot in jail if she'd stolen my car, unlike Jen lol)
    Otherwise, love Nancy and Darren.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,875
    Forum Member
    I presume Doug's parent find out about the sham wedding/relationship?
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,804
    Forum Member
    How old is Tom? he looks about 10 years old :confused:

He's 12. 13 in December.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Men don't think you're marriage material? You're what, 21, 22? And you've already been engaged! I think you'll be fine Leanne!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Nancy has just told Frankie that she is pregnant again as if she wouldn't have noticed that rather large lump on Nancy's tummy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is it everyone in Hollyoaks seems to get a private room in hospital?

Jack may be unconcious but I always enjoy Jack and Darren scenes.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    Ste's being annoying. He's always so moody and seems to be mad at Doug when it was all Ste's idea to con Doug's own grandmother out of money, when neither Doug OR Leanne actually wanted this. Both Doug and Leanne came round and now Ste acts like he doesn't want it.

Fortunately Doug mentioned it's Ste's idea so the writers didn't forget that bit.

This storyline has made me hate Ste and Leanne has shown how mad she really is, she always had her moments, but this wedding is crazy. It's such a weird storyline and I don't see how they can turn it around and save these characters. Doug who lied to his own parents and tried to scam his grandmother, Ste who pushed Doug into this wedding con when he heard that there is money involved and Ste and Doug haven't even been together that long, so why does Ste think he would even benefit from any money that Doug is given? I also hate the way that Ste is acting when he is the one that started all this off, instead of supporting his boyfriend when he was about to tell his parents that he is gay, Ste pushed him back in the closet and forced him to go ahead, but now is moaning non-stop. And Leanne is just mad, marrying a gay man and then what? It's crazy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed that was their 20 week scan, but was it just their 12 week one if they're just telling Frankie? If so there's no way they'd have been told the gender!
This discussion has been closed.