Feminists out there

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janice 65 wrote: »
    Charolette has every right to be disgusting...just as we have the right to be disgusted by her....anyway why should women want to bring themselves down to the same level as some men.?

BIB, that's what I said.

And it's a level of behaviour, it's not male or female. I think some men should be offended by the insinuation that they are gross fartpigs. Some women and men choose to keep their bodily functions to themselves, some men and women like to share them with everyone within range. It shouldn't be a gendered issue, it should be a general decency issue.
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately she is a role model as she is earning shed loads of money but don't blame the victim blame the perps.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feminism isn't about dictating what womanhood should be, that's what sexism is about.

Precisely!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Precisely!

Yes! That's it in a nutshell. I wish I'd seen Romola's post earlier, it would have saved me writing a mini essay:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    You have a lot of work to do.

Charlotte and her ilk are taking over and dragging the female name through the mud. Get womanhood back to where it should be.

I think feminists have a lot of work to do to try and change ingrained prejudice about how women should behave. Such as you have just displayed with this post.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feminism isn't about dictating what womanhood should be, that's what sexism is about.
    Exactly!

One thing that struck me about Charlotte, she knows her own mind. I doubt she's coerced or pressured into anything. She also earns, I imagine, a fairly good amount for a 23-year-old woman, and pays a good rate of tax. She's done well for herself considering the state of the economy and employment levels in the UK at the moment!
  • Options
    Maggie 55Maggie 55 Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brojood92 wrote: »
    the fact that a female has won makes me happy! It could have been any of the women in the house and I would be happy that they won.

Calling her un-lady like is being sexist and isn't doing anything for feminism. We should be welcoming someone like Charlotte for winning

You are joking right?

We should celebrate any winner just because they are female?

This woman was recruited to be a cast member on a scripted show where they are expected to have sex live on camera and exhibit the most outrageous behaviours for money.

We are not talking about farting, we are talking about deliberately, when allegedly drunk, pissing your bed and then when you are completely sober announcing and showing people what you have done when they would be otherwise unaware what you had done.

We are talking about defecating in a kitchen sink. We are talking about meeting a group of people for the first time and announcing that you like to piss and shit yourself, then talking about your sex life in the crudest and most explicit terms.

We should welcome such a winner should we?

To the benefit of which sections of society exactly?

Maggie
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think feminists have a lot of work to do to try and change ingrained prejudice about how women should behave. Such as you have just displayed with this post.

This would be true but for the fact I never said she should be in the kitchen as some of the knuckle draggers on this thread have suggested.

This is why men never speak up because they are called sexist and there's nothing we can do.

I'm not going to be bullied out of saying my bit.... ALL people need to show respect and decency and there is nothing impressive about making your name for sleeping around and soiling yourself. It just so happens (as no one is noticing) that Charlotte is the only one who makes her name for this in the house. Guess what she's female. I love how people assume I wouldn't feel the same about a man doing the same.

It's wrong we are celebrating this and in an era where everyone calls themselves a feminist, it's about time you got a grip. If she is womanhood then womanhood is a stomach turning laughing stock.