Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Waitrose advert
    I can understand garlic and rosemary with lamb, the flavours go very well together but... anchovies? :confused: F*ck off Heston :mad:

:o I've just got back from Waitrose with my leg of lamb and my tin of anchovies....:o Guess I'll let y'all know how it works!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just looked and it is a real website and the youtube vid fetured is a real video called "Cambridge Satchal unboxing

Interesting.. I wondered if it was a real site or not.. :)
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too before the ad i had never heard of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AngiBear wrote: »
    Here is the URL for the satchels:

https://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/

Maybe the lady in the ad started off on our own but there are lots of workers in the company now. Good on her for starting a business :)
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HP Envy - "You open, you type, you rock, you swipe, you go, you stay, you go..."

ARRGH! SHUT UP!! :mad:
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    The secret Escapes advert with the whispering women. I'm never booking anything secret escapes for how annoying it is.
    There is a new one now and the whispering goes onfor longer. It isn't just annoying, it goes through me and makes me cringe and shudder.

The other one is the bathroom advert with the girl in the bath going on about how her bathroom is amazing 'I shopped around for inspiration' look at my taps 'ooh lovely and 'I compared all the prices and then went to Victoria Plumb' I don't even know why it/she bugs me so much but it does.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because she seems to be emotionally attached to her bathroom- the message is we should all be too and...well ..buy same :(
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    The Google ad with the vagina-whipped boyfriend begging his girlfriend to come back to him using pictures and......meh bollocks to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    The secret Escapes advert with the whispering women. I'm never booking anything secret escapes for how annoying it is.
    There is a new one now and the whispering goes onfor longer. It isn't just annoying, it goes through me and makes me cringe and shudder.

The other one is the bathroom advert with the girl in the bath going on about how her bathroom is amazing 'I shopped around for inspiration' look at my taps 'ooh lovely and 'I compared all the prices and then went to Victoria Plumb' I don't even know why it/she bugs me so much but it does.

If they could just swap the situations / locations round they would have a winning formula. Secret Escapes woman in the bath, Victoria Plumb woman locked in a hotel.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Is this the same actress (Zoey) from Two and a Half Men?

No - that's Sophie Winkleman.
    crowby1 wrote: »
    If they could just swap the situations / locations round they would have a winning formula. Secret Escapes woman in the bath, Victoria Plumb woman locked in a hotel.

Isn't she in a swimming pool in the new one (admittedly, she won't be naked in there, but she won't be far from it)?

Also, one that annoys me - the commercial for Microsoft's iPad wannabe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Sophie Winkleman was in Red Dwarf Back to Earth - she played a female hologram - hot :D:p
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me, I've just got to pop out to my favourite caramel shop. :rolleyes:

Where you in the Hitler Youth by any chance? :D

Surprised no one has mentioned Halley Belly and her awful shoe collection available on some Daichmen internet portal.
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnly27TheOneAndOnly27 Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I've just remembered one that gets me seething for no rational reason. The LV insurance ads. I would rather drive with no insurance than give my money to them to pay for more ads.

They change them from time to time but every single one brings me out in hives. It may be colour induced mania as they seem to be weirdly coloured and have some duff version of an American doo wap song. Whoever makes this ad, why? Please stop.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    I've just remembered one that gets me seething for no rational reason. The LV insurance ads. I would rather drive with no insurance than give my money to them to pay for more ads.

They change them from time to time but every single one brings me out in hives. It may be colour induced mania as they seem to be weirdly coloured and have some duff version of an American doo wap song. Whoever makes this ad, why? Please stop.
    They are very green aren't they!
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Malteasers one, where they play about with them rather then eat them....
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they're still using that twee little song by a twee little girl to go with the twee little Cambridge Satchel story on the Chrome ad.

I wouldn't have thought a track about a girl falling in love with a picture of Elvis, getting caught masterbating to it by her dad and taken away to an asylum quite fits the image Google would want to portray.

Cracking track though.
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria Plumb
    i just dont like the womens voice i find it annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    Here is the URL for the satchels:

https://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/

I would not be seen dead with anyone who had one, i had a brown tatty satchel back in the seventies and hated it before i got a cool celtic fc bag with the team on it, i hated football then and still do but it was cool to have the celtic bag
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria Plumb
    i just dont like the womens voice i find it annoying

But you would slip into her bath :D
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Available Car!

That stupid woman goes on about the benefits for each car, "including this one", "and this one", "and this one", "BUT NOT THIS ONE", "and this one"

Why mention the one that isn't included? Stupid advert.
  • Options
    HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I'm still in shock that the rather jolly Youngs advert shows a fishermen at the end of the sequence who bares a striking resemblance to Britian most violent and notorious prisoner Charles Bronson.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Headancer wrote: »
    I'm still in shock that the rather jolly Youngs advert shows a fishermen at the end of the sequence who bares a striking resemblance to Britian most violent and notorious prisoner Charles Bronson.:eek:

I never thought of that but you are right! Buy our fish fingers or we'll send the boys round! :eek::eek:
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankfully the 3Phone 'Dance Pony, Dance' seems to have bombed.
    If ever an advert was aimed at the dumb YouTube, Facebook, Twitter generation, it's this one.
    'But it's gone viral on YouTube! Fifty billion hits!'
    Frankly, to this bunch, a vid. of a dog having a crap would go 'viral'. They've nothing better in their lives.
    And the CGI? Aaaagh!!! They'd have done better filming two blokes in a pantomime horse. Still, that's what you get with a Meeja Studies 'degree'.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Maybe the lady in the ad started off on our own but there are lots of workers in the company now. Good on her for starting a business :)

Not bad for a company set up to pay for her kids school fees, really.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jun/03/british-satchel-maker-fashion-world
    http://fashionista.com/2011/10/cambridge-satchel-company-the-inspiring-story-behind-fashion-months-most-affordable-it-bag/

Bloomin' pricey, though!
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not be seen dead with anyone who had one, i had a brown tatty satchel back in the seventies and hated it before i got a cool celtic fc bag with the team on it, i hated football then and still do but it was cool to have the celtic bag

Might also have been the case if anyone had saw you with the celtic bag! :p
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does it say about me and/or my social status that I would happily save x amount of pounds from not buying a satchel and instead place my items in a carrier bag ("double bagging", if necessary)? :p
This discussion has been closed.