The Ratings Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Good, I'll be spared your gloating :D

Is it to early to say well done Ant and Dec? ;)
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Is it to early to say well done Ant and Dec? ;)

For getting their contract with Morrisons? Not at all. :D
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the Voice on I player again. By god is it dull. So not entertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Just watched the Voice on I player again. By god is it dull. So not entertaining.

The Daily Telegraph review says that with " clunky production misjudgements, one fears for its ratings "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While we wait match 3 of the IPL on itv4 averaged 203,900 and peaked with 367,200 between 3-7.30pm on Friday
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I haven't seen it anywhere just to mention NBC have confirmed Jimmy Fallon will take over hosting the Tonight Show from Jay Leno next year. Jay has been at the helm for 22 years.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    It's also worth noting that episode of Who is apparently the pay off for the 3 years of the 'silence will fall' storyline, as well as presumably having a cliffhanger to lead into the 50th anniversary episode. Having it playing second fiddle to The sodding Voice would be mildly amusing, though I guess Who's overnights really don't matter.
    Quite strange that that episode will air on a sunny spring evening as early as 6pm when people are still getting home from work etc. The episode may rate quite low and have a battle to get to 8 million. I do hope the show runner insists on a better start time that's mid winter next time. One review of next weeks submarine episode says it should be viewed on a dark cold night not when the sun is streaming over your tv screen and you cant see it for the sunlight! BBC One offered absolute rubbish to their viewers against Splash this year when it was peak time business and yet they seem just to keep stuffing an early evening spring schedule with expensive programmes all on the same evening that nobody wants to watch at that time because summers nearly here. They have not offered a break in the run to accomadate the Eurovision or though about a Sunday screening from the start of either the Voice UK series or Doctor Who to even out the distribution of their weekend programmes. Schedulers at the BBC just dont seem to have any ingenious ideas about it. I guess they dont care how high the audience is maybe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    When can we expect the ratings then?
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4's Grand National coverage peaked with a whopping 8.88m (61.13%) viewers. #tellyratings

Very, very impressive for C4.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Channel 4's Grand National coverage peaked with a whopping 8.88m (61.13%) viewers. #tellyratings

Huge number, much higher than what I think anyone expected.

Edit - wonder what their all day share is? :eek:
  • Options
    5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »

More than I thought. I didn't expect it to go above 7 million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 1m
    Saturday night ratings (programme averages):
    #TheVoiceUK 6.43m/28.5%;
    @antanddec's #SaturdayNightTakeway 6.77m/30.1%, incl. +1 7.31m/32.5%.
    9:34 AM - 7 Apr 13

Similar to last week, really.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The Voices rating went up :D!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who got 5.5 - identical to last years second episode (as opposed to the opener which was slightly down on last year's premiere)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Voices peak soared to 8.8million viewers. Just proves there is life left in this format and is not a dead or dying one as suggested by some.
  • Options
    5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who got 5.5 - identical to last years second episode (as opposed to the opener which was slightly down on last year's premiere)

Considering all the wall to wall ads and promotion for Doctor Who (DS in particular seems to have a "story" about it on the home page practically every day), its ratings are nothing to write home about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday Night Takeaway and The Voice both up slightly on last week. The Voice down 29% versus the same episode last year. This series of Takeaway has averaged 7.2m overall, up 16% on the last series in 2009.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The Voices peak soared to 8.8million viewers. Just proves there is life left in this format and is not a dead or dying one as suggested by some.

Ah, but surely that means it rated lower when Saturday Night Takeaway was on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's a very impressive peak. It won't peak near that next week though.

8.8m is really far ahead of the 6.4m average. That last 10 minutes must have soared once SNT ended. Wonder if it was sub-6m against SNT again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5 a day wrote: »
    Considering all the wall to wall ads and promotion for Doctor Who (DS in particular seems to have a "story" about it on the home page practically every day), its ratings are nothing to write home about.

It'll out-rate both of the other saturday night shows on finals - as always.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would love to see the breakdown of DrWho
    last nights was a real stinker to a lot of people about 10 mins in it really started to fall apart wonder if there was a drop off ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »
    would love to see the breakdown of DrWho
    last nights was a real stinker to a lot of people about 10 mins in it really started to fall apart wonder if there was a drop off ?

Doctor Who fans don't strike me as the type that would switch an episode off before it's over. I can't imagine there was much of a drop.

The appreciation index will be interesting though - I didn't think it was the worst ever but it certainly fell apart in the last 20 minutes or so. Did no-one read this script?
  • Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voices rating went up :D!!

I thought it would drop, however it was 'up' by the smallest amount possible. The Voice did well to remain stable, but it will struggle even more against BGT next week.

The factor working most of all against The Voice is the lack of outstanding singers so far, I've seen lots of above average cabaret and a couple of very good singers in eps 1 and 2, but nothing outstanding by any stretch of the imagination. I think that is one of the problems of the format- the UK talent pool isn't big enough to sustain multiple talent contests and for a show like The Voice where every act who gets through is shown on screen means that you end up having to sit through an awful lot of average, quite dull singers.

It's useful to bear in mind that the auditions were by far the most popular part of the format last year, ratings will probably plummet further in subsequent rounds especially if BGT manages to significantly dent it next week.

Before anyone highlights my username as a reason for prejudice, yes I watch X Factor, no I don't have any prejudice against the BBC, no I don't like the format of The Voice (some of the reasons are outlined above) and my favourite talent contest ever was probably series 1 of Fame Academy a BBC1 show.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last night the Voice at least showed a lot of people still like the format by increasing in the ratings. So it might put up a better fight than expected next Saturday, it is not gonna give up easily, and could still manage 5/5.5million against BGT's 8-11m.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 a day wrote: »

But its timeshifts are nothing short of spectacular.
This discussion has been closed.