Game of Thrones (Season Three) (UK Pace)

Comments

• LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Oh, and I hope that no one is following Frankie Boyle on Twitter?

He posted a spoiler for *that* scene, and also posted spoilers for what may / may not happen later...
    In my opinion, anybody who follows Frankie Boyle on Twitter deserves everything they get.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Maisie Williams reaction to episode 9.

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh :D
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Wow, didn't realise that. The post I meant was a few weeks back. I always avoid this thread a few days before the episode just to be on the safe side.
    Interesting that Lordo hasn't apologised for his catastrophic error.
  • AlyalAlyal Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »

I was surprised that Jon Snow ran off and left Ygritte. I wonder what he's planning :confused:

Jon saw Summer & Shaggy Dog, I think he realised Bran & Rickon were nearby and wanted to lead the wildlings away from the area. I don't think he would leave Ygritte for anything other than his brothers & sisters
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Ayra, who can she try too get to now for safety :(

Jaqen H'gar (or whoever the Faceless Man really was)
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was Blackfish being referred too and not Edmuir :)

Catelyn's Uncle not Robb's.

Poor Ayra, who can she try too get to now for safety :(

Every time she gets somewhere safe, it all turns to shit.

So she should learn her lesson and go somewhere where her folks are not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not read this far, so not a spoiler, but I REALLY hope Arya becomes a faceless man & takes out Frey, Bolton, Joffrey one after another...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was Blackfish being referred too and not Edmuir :)

Catelyn's Uncle not Robb's.
    :(

Yeah i meant Blackfish. I think Edmuir will be safe..
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Think a different post was being referred to. This post appeared for a few hours yesterday morning, posted by Lordo, which had no spoiler tags and basically laid out exactly what happened during the episode, including major character deaths, A few people saw it and, obviously, had the episode spoiled for them.

The guy was a flaming idiot.

Can he be banned from this post or can people block him so no posts appear from him again?
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Can he be banned from this post or can people block him so no posts appear from him again?

I suspect it was simply a mistake and they posted in the wrong thread. It happens quite often.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    d3nium wrote: »
    Not read this far, so not a spoiler, but I REALLY hope Arya becomes a faceless man & takes out Frey, Bolton, Joffrey one after another...

She's certainly building up quite a list!
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I suspect it was simply a mistake and they posted in the wrong thread. It happens quite often.

At the least the erroneous poster should apologise to forum members.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d3nium wrote: »

Unless you know something the rest of us don't, I'm pretty sure she'd have a better chance of becoming a faceless woman. I'm pretty sure its only their faces they can change :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Unless you know something the rest of us don't, I'm pretty sure she'd have a better chance of becoming a faceless woman. I'm pretty sure its only their faces they can change :p

I think she'll end up at the nights watch. For awhile anyways.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Wow, that was unexpected, even when you, erm, totally expected.

Walder really is a vindictive old bastard, isn't he? The deaths of Talisa, Robb and Catelyn were pretty brutal, even for this show but hats off to Chaplin, Madden and Fairley for some truly sublime performances there.

The weddings this season have certainly been the most discussion provoking episodes we've had and this one was definitely the bloodiest of them all.

Poor Arya though. She was inches away with being reunited with her family and that happens. At least she's got the Hound for the time being to protect her.

Same with Jon and Bran - they were close to reuniting and it was a near miss and now Rickon and Osha have gone to find the Umbers. Osha was brilliant in this episode and Bran's warg abilities are getting more interesting.

So, what are the chances that Ygritte is going to betray her people for Jon because it certainly looked like she was going to in this one.

The Daenerys scenes were good in this episode, not neccessary but good though and I'm starting to like Daario more, though Jorah seems to be getting (or feeling like) he's being phased out a bit.

Overall, a stunning episode (minus the Sam/Gilly stuff, which I wasn't fond of), 9/10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    The Daenerys scenes were good in this episode, not neccessary but good though and I'm starting to like Daario more, though Jorah seems to be getting (or feeling like) he's being phased out a bit.

Yeah. Although Jorah said to Obi Wan Kenobi that he basically has to do what the queen orders. No matter his personal views
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanFergus wrote: »
    At the least the erroneous poster should apologise to forum members.

They're probably not even aware of it. I've found that people who've posted not knowing they're in the wrong thread don't tend to realise they've done it.
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Sky for letting the credits run through in silence.

Usually they spoil the mood by cutting straight to a clip of whats coming up next, blah, blah.

In this instance having no ending music really added to the shock.
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a little light fantasy relief for those still traumatised by recent events :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wdA6lQ6ymhU
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scott789s wrote: »
    Well done to Sky for letting the credits run through in silence.

Usually they spoil the mood by cutting straight to a clip of whats coming up next, blah, blah.

In this instance having no ending music really added to the shock.

Indeed, it's the first time I've sat through the credits right to the end, that eerie silence was the perfect ending to a phenomenal episode.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Yeah i meant Blackfish. I think Edmuir will be safe..

You can block people's posts if you want by clicking on their name and then 'view public profile'. After that , if you look below 'Last activity' you can see an 'Add to your ignore list' tab. I have only used this a couple of times in the past and never in this forum. Hopefully Lordo made an honest mistake and will be more careful in future.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alyal wrote: »
    Jon saw Summer & Shaggy Dog, I think he realised Bran & Rickon were nearby and wanted to lead the wildlings away from the area. I don't think he would leave Ygritte for anything other than his brothers & sisters

i don't think the show made jon's situation clear enough. there are supposed to be a LOT more wildlings there than what the show made it look like. if it weren't for the wolves, he would have been sliced and diced from all angles in a matter of seconds. in actuality, he barely made it out with his life, but the show made it look like there was only tormund left to deal with, and ygritte and two savage beast wolves fighting on his team.
    not the case.

(also, this isn't even a spoiler, it's just how that scene differed than from in the books, but i'm just going to use a tag anyway....)
    in the book it was dark and stormy with terrible visability...and jon only saw a glimpse of summer with a flash of lightening. he wasn't 100% sure that it was summer...only thought afterward that it looked like him. oh, and ygritte attacked him and shot an arrow into his leg. his high-tailing it out of there as fast as he could was life or death.
  • Kel'ThuzadKel'Thuzad Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the episode again and I think the uncle is in cahoots with the Freys. You could tell from the very beginning that he had designs on Riverrun.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Seemed to me (TV wise, no idea about book) that Jon deliberately knocked Ygritte over at the beginning since she was in the line of fire and wanted to show he was "fake turning on her" too, to stop her getting killed. Just hope she realizes this as I see them as the future of the Starks bloodline!

And that dude that just got married...pretty sure he's dead. I don't for one minute (especially after what happened) believe that was one of that old dude's daughters. Thinking back after what happened, it's clear it was just some pretty girl hired to make sure things went off without a hitch. probably killed offscreen, never even getting to bed the girl.

Also, (from US topic, same episode) pretty obvious Tywin knew in advance a massacre was going to take place (even if he didn't know what exactly). Frey's likely been in cahoots with him for months, and was likely just waiting for them to need the bridge again (did Tywin's tactics deliberately drive them back this way?) Which makes the quick wedding Tyrion/Sansa make more sense. Can see Tywin trying to kill Sansa now, hell I don't even trust him not to off his own son. I mean, who would inherit the land if Tyrion AND Sansa died? (If you accept the fact everyone believes all Starks dead except Sansa).

Frey's definitely going to die I'd say, and if you see his position on the map (I posted this on other TV topic), literally every invading army has to pass through his area. He's dead already, we've just to wait and see who gets him first.

I do have predictions (and expectations). Looking forward (or dreading) to what's going to happen when Jamie reaches King's Landing. Will he protect his new friend? If he does, how would Cersei see this? I just hope Jamie stays at least half decent, there's so few characters to root for! And I've actually grown to like him this season.

On Theon, I don't think they'd go through all this just for the character to be offed, especially since he was never really such a main character as Robb etc. I think they have some sort of redeeming planned. I don't think he'd really harm his brothers, and losing (he thinks anyway) two sets of brothers would destroy anyone, or set them on a path of vengeance.

I have a picture in my head for after the series conclude, who's left and who's in charge in what positions. It'll likely turn to trash of course.

My thoughts?

Dany as main Queen, south area, like what Joffer's is King of now.

Jon Snow, King of the North...the WHOLE of the North, including over the wall.

Tyrion, in a position like his father is now...only not as evil and power hungry.

Of course that's what I hope (obviously others still alive, just not sure on positions, though I can see Arya getting more training from Hound,maybe eventually that assassin guy. I think those predicting her becoming one of the Faceless may not be too far off!)
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    I'm going to put this as it isn't a spoiler, as I think this is fairly obvious. Have seen a few comments from people saying that they can't see the Lannisters being involved, don't think Tywin would stoop so low etc. Two things;

1) If the Lannisters weren't involved, why play the Lannisters song, the Rains of Castamere, which signalled the beginning of the massacre?

2) For those who think Tywin wouldn't do something like that, did they actually listen to Cersei's conversation with Margaery as regards the meaning of the Rains of Castamere?

As said, I don't think this is a spoiler as this has been put out quite blatantly in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    I'm going to put this as it isn't a spoiler, as I think this is fairly obvious. Have seen a few comments from people saying that they can't see the Lannisters being involved, don't think Tywin would stoop so low etc. Two things;

1) If the Lannisters weren't involved, why play the Lannisters song, the Rains of Castamere, which signalled the beginning of the massacre?

2) For those who think Tywin wouldn't do something like that, did they actually listen to Cersei's conversation with Margaery as regards the meaning of the Rains of Castamere?

As said, I don't think this is a spoiler as this has been put out quite blatantly in the show.

Agreed. He's a right nasty bastard.

Don't think for one moment Tywin doesn't consider himself the real king. Joffery is merely a puppet for him now. (A slightly out of control puppet that is)