Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Casmana wrote: »
    I just edited my last . See explanation.

No dramas Casmana. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinn is quite hot......
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    I have my suspicions about Mira, but she must have been thoroughly investigated by the CIA when she married Saul. Do Saul and Mira ever discuss his work, or is it made clear that he can't talk about it?
    They were discussing the 6 targets plan in the first ep just before bedtime, when Saul was drinking heavily and deciding whether to proceed with the plan. He said to Mira 'we're supposed to be spies, not killers', so he must have mentioned some of the basic details to her.
  • Katiekat1Katiekat1 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    This is just speculation, so no need for spoilers i dont think....

but even back in series one i thought it was going to be Saul who was the mole and that was going to be the big suprise but then the subplot was not really mentioned in series two and now seem to be reappearing in line with whoever set off the bomb/gave the car keys to the bomber...after his asking the Jarwadi guy (spell?) if he knew who did it, maybe he wanted to see how much he knew...cos maybe he did it....? and the guy knows he did, which is what he was trying to get over to Carrie in the back of the car...

if any of that makes sense!:confused:
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katiekat1 wrote: »
    This is just speculation, so no need for spoilers i dont think....

but even back in series one i thought it was going to be Saul who was the mole and that was going to be the big suprise but then the subplot was not really mentioned in series two and now seem to be reappearing in line with whoever set off the bomb/gave the car keys to the bomber...after his asking the Jarwadi guy (spell?) if he knew who did it, maybe he wanted to see how much he knew...cos maybe he did it....? and the guy knows he did, which is what he was trying to get over to Carrie in the back of the car...

if any of that makes sense!:confused:

I flip flop back and forward about Saul but IIRC he was not at Langley when the bomb went off, he was burying Abu Nasir at sea.
  • tom_domutoatom_domutoa Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    I flip flop back and forward about Saul but IIRC he was not at Langley when the bomb went off, he was burying Abu Nasir at sea.

Yes very conveniently away.
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes very conveniently away.
    But he wasn't supposed to have died but not died , that was Javadi's explanation , was he ?:confused:
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    I've given up on Homeland now, when you get to spending every episode wanting Carrie to be offed (which is never going to happen), it's time to call it quits
  • tom_domutoatom_domutoa Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I've given up on Homeland now, when you get to spending every episode wanting Carrie to be offed (which is never going to happen), it's time to call it quits

:D:D:D;)
  • shya100shya100 Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »

She will leave one day its inevitable and they will either end the programme or have her realise there is more to life and walk off into the sunset. They may kill her though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    No. It was in response to Kemi Dee see post 1135

Eh???

Yes, personally I thought Quinn was quite blunt and funny when he was first introduced in S2. He was fairly frank in his discussions with Carrie and humorous (his hospital scene, and the olives line... I liked it anyway :p). I thought he was going to give the show a bit of spark with his mouthy, smart, tough-guy intro. Yet, from the moment he didn't kill Brody and instead threatened Estes the character was set down a different path. I don't dislike Quinn now or his storyline (he's probably the most interesting character this season) I just think Homeland needs a character who isn't all doom and gloom. I'd like more of Max and Virgil for this reason. (I also feel there's odd gaps in Quinn's storyline, like the lack of reflection or remorse on his failure to kill Brody and the losses in the bombing.)

P.S. No, i wasn't asleep throughout the last episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kemi_Dee wrote: »
    (I also feel there's odd gaps in Quinn's storyline, like the lack of reflection or remorse on his failure to kill Brody and the losses in the bombing.)

P.S. No, i wasn't asleep throughout the last episode.

I don't think you can ever regret not killing someone, surely that goes against human instinct. It is in our make up to rationalise away things like that. Brody is obviously not his favourite person though and whereas last year he spoke of him in a manic anger kind of way, this year its with a real sense of hatred. He was going to show his human side sooner or later, Quinn has sacrificed a lot for his job, it was going to dawn on him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    shya100 wrote: »
    I don't think you can ever regret not killing someone, surely that goes against human instinct. It is in our make up to rationalise away things like that.

Yes, (It's the killing 1 to save X argument isn't it?) but Quinn was introduced as Dar Adal's main man, a black ops agent, who a few episodes before was two seconds away from killing Brody until Estes called a halt. I think the 'spoilers' in the previous posts are correct as to the reasons why :)

I just found it odd earlier in the season (and assuming Quinn believes Brody is responsible) that the losses in the bombing and possibly his own culpability in it by his failure to follow orders hadn't been covered. Then again he's a secondary character to Carrie, Saul and Dana :p so maybe it's just been glossed over. It's reasonable to say a build up of all these things are now taking their toll on Quinn and I think it's a good storyline to show the psychological toil.

Has Quinn spoken about Brody this season?

Also, from S2, I can't remember whether Saul knows Estes tasked Quinn to kill Brody, or just that Estes was going to have him killed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    I just found it odd earlier in the season (and assuming Quinn believes Brody is responsible) that the losses in the bombing and possibly his own culpability in it by his failure to follow orders hadn't been covered. Then again he's a secondary character to Carrie, Saul and Dana :p so maybe it's just been glossed over. It's reasonable to say a build up of all these things are now taking their toll on Quinn and I think it's a good storyline to show the psychological toil.

Has Quinn spoken about Brody this season?

Also, from S2, I can't remember whether Saul knows Estes tasked Quinn to kill Brody, or just that Estes was going to have him killed?

If Carrie can be all emotion, Quinn can be all logic. I don't think he feels he is in any way culpable for the bombing. He may think: If only. I doubt anything but I think we are seeing that Quinn is beginning to feel the weight of what he does very heavily.
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The having to own up to the slaughter of Javadi's wife and d.i.l. has had an effect on him to be sure
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The having to own up to the slaughter of Javadi's wife and d.i.l. has had an effect on him to be sure

I think it was showing signs before that too. Earlier in the season he seemed to make it clear to Saul that this didn't sit right with him.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, (It's the killing 1 to save X argument isn't it?) but Quinn was introduced as Dar Adal's main man, a black ops agent, who a few episodes before was two seconds away from killing Brody until Estes called a halt. I think the 'spoilers' in the previous posts are correct as to the reasons why :
    But Estes didn't call a halt. He wanted Brodie dead. It was Quinn who made the decision not to kill him and even visited Estes's home threatening him if he didn't back off Brodie and Carrie.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was one point where Estes called a halt to it because at that particular point they still needed him alive.

But when it came down to doing it Quinn was the one who called it off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goodevening and enjoy
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Damnit I waited up to watch it on Ch4 and now know we're a week ahead here! :(

This is one of the best episodes yet IMO! Enjoy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what do you mean a week ahead?
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    feeVerte wrote: »
    what do you mean a week ahead?

This episode was on Swedish tv last Monday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh I see, I have seen it too but watching it again for the dialogues , lots of whispering ;-)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Oh SAUL!!!

What an ending!
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was good!