So how do you spend 'Chrimbo Limbo'?

2»

Comments

• Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Having to go into a job I hate and work with a pillock who canceled my annual leave at the last minute for the three days between Christmas and New Year meaning I lose them as we are not allowed to carry over and the leave period ends in 31 December. No reason for cancelling it by the way, he just decided he wanted me in for the quietest days of the year 'just in case'.

Stand up and assert yourself please!

He has no right to do that to you, they are your holiday entitlement and if it is not your own fault you have not used them, but his under what you describe, then demand those 3 days are carried over in no uncertain terms. He's already kicked you in the teeth by a short notice demand to come into work and then on top of it to add insult says you will have to lose the days owing...NO! You do not have to put up with that kind of behaviour, and if you do so then people like your boss just get worse than ever.

Show some self respect and stand up for yourself on the issue. You don't work for him for free, and you don't have to accept his demands just because he is the boss. Years ago I once stood up for myself in no uncertain terms against a stroppy so and so. It worked a treat, and I was respected far more than being a pushover, which I would suggest nobody ever is.

My own words for the limbo days between Christmas and New Year are "The Twilight Zone" and have been as long as I can remember. It's Christmas, but it's not quite, and it's New Year but not quite either. The perfect term to describe it.
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visiting the in laws, panto, booking a holiday, meal out with old mates, job application, marking backlog, planning for next term, cleaning, food shopping (need fresh stuff) and watching TV. So not much really.
  • boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been spending it working on my essays. I have three to do by January 20th. Would've had the second one done if Christmas hadn't got in the way.

This is What I should have been doing. However, I left my notes behind in class at the end of term. But my lecturer kindly took them home. TO POLAND!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Well me and my partner have both been ill over Xmas, and thinking I was getting better yesterday, have now woken up with a bad back. I wanted to go out for a walk as I haven't left the house in about a week. Seriously crappy Xmas this has been!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Well me and my partner have both been ill over Xmas, and thinking I was getting better yesterday, have now woken up with a bad back. I wanted to go out for a walk as I haven't left the house in about a week. Seriously crappy Xmas this has been!

i had a bout of diarrhea on Christmas day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    i had a bout of diarrhea on Christmas day

Sharing = caring?! :D
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Doing odds and sods around the house. Just defrosting the freezer, then the microwave will get a bit of TLC! :cool:
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been ill since Boxing Day so haven't done anything I planned to do.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharing = caring?! :D

:D Billy likes to splash and dash.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We went to the theatre yesterday and then out for a meal after, I was ready to get out of the house.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Playing, watching, reading presents. Eating nibbles and chocs.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Stand up and assert yourself please!

He has no right to do that to you, they are your holiday entitlement and if it is not your own fault you have not used them, but his under what you describe, then demand those 3 days are carried over in no uncertain terms. He's already kicked you in the teeth by a short notice demand to come into work and then on top of it to add insult says you will have to lose the days owing...NO! You do not have to put up with that kind of behaviour, and if you do so then people like your boss just get worse than ever.

Show some self respect and stand up for yourself on the issue. You don't work for him for free, and you don't have to accept his demands just because he is the boss. Years ago I once stood up for myself in no uncertain terms against a stroppy so and so. It worked a treat, and I was respected far more than being a pushover, which I would suggest nobody ever is.

My own words for the limbo days between Christmas and New Year are "The Twilight Zone" and have been as long as I can remember. It's Christmas, but it's not quite, and it's New Year but not quite either. The perfect term to describe it.

Who says i didn't stand up for myself, i have plenty of self respect thanks.

The leave loss is inflexible company policy. All leave taken by 31 Dec without exception. There are others in the firm who are always turned down for leave or get it canceled last minute, due to the companies inability to plan or spend on external contract cover. Another guy lost almost two weeks. I always get the 'there are plenty of others who'd be grateful of your job' line.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly I am such a lazy git. I'm having a day lazing in bed watching TV. Considering putting a coat on over my pjs and a hat to cover my unwashed hair to walk to the shop for fizzy drinks and crisps :blush:
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I am writing an essay for my nurse prescribing course.

its thrilling.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the first time ever I'm at work today, tomorrow and NYE
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Honestly I am such a lazy git. I'm having a day lazing in bed watching TV. Considering putting a coat on over my pjs and a hat to cover my unwashed hair to walk to the shop for fizzy drinks and crisps :blush:

Sounds an ideal day to me :)
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Watching films. Trying to get Christmas songs out my head by listening to songs on the Kerrang channel.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chillaxing, as my daughter and I tend to call hanging out in our cold living-room wrapped up in fleeces, on our tablets/pc/TV and laughing about farts :D

Also, on Saturday we went into town so that she could meet up with a school friend, and then I browsed the sales whilst they had an hour or so to themselves. Today we will again wander into town so that she can look in the Apple shop and we can get some fresh air.

Tomorrow she's off to her respite carer for 24 hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

aww get better soon..My sister has also not been well. ( had the flu)..floored her big time over Christmas..:( She was sent home from work today..Get better soon sis xxx
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slobbed around in PJs mostly. :blush: Had Christmas dinner round two on the 27th, got a bit of cabin fever yesterday so dragged myself to Morrisons for some necessities like wine, for example. :D

Kids going to grannies on Wednesday then I'm off out!
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha.Christmas limbo!

I've also heard it called Twixmas??!!??

We've been away since Christmas Day and just back home.Had a great time but the drinking and eating has started to catch up a bit!

I'm back at work tomorrow just for two days but not too bothered as it will make me have a couple of nights off the ale in readiness for the next binge!
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making sure all of this years victims have finally dissolved in the acid bath in my cellar.

I will not be making the mistakes that Haigh made believe me.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the run up to Christmas I enjoy rewatching big loud colourful blockbusters, but during the limbo period, as we get closer to New Year I always end up watching stuff like Blade Runner, Dark City and Moon. The slow paced, introspective, dreamy atmosphere of these films fit in perfectly with the limbo period.
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with most years for me, I am not well with a chest infection.

I actually booked the time off this year but I need not have bothered as I'm poorly anyway!