Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never seen anyone so emotional, well done Caroline you deserved it for being so brave to go for the big money
  • Options
    JonNgogJonNgog Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Man, that was a dismal showing from Shaun. He must have wasted at least 30 seconds with pausing over questions that he got wrong anyway
  • Options
    PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat! I never thought they'd do it. That must've been one of the more exciting final chases!
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How brilliant did those two prove to be? Breathtaking. Really happy for them :):)

Caroline had some fantastic general knowledge.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun clearly doesn't do video games.

I thought that question was rather confusing though. There are two franchises abbreviated to MK: Mortal Kombat & Mario Kart
  • Options
    P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On that performance, Shaun should be fired as a Chaser. Embarrassing indeed.

11 must have been of the lowest winning scores.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a definite fix.
  • Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but that video game quesion was daft. As the contestant pointed out there could have been more than one answer. If Shaun had said Mario Kart and it got disallowed, I bet he would have kicked off backstage.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I bet the other three chasers would have known Mortal Kombat. Shaun's popular culture knowledge is far too poor. MK it was right there shocking
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Shaun took it easy in the first minute to try and add a bit of 'dramatic tension' to an otherwise easy chase, then screwed himself in the last 30 seconds. You could see panic in his eyes at 15 seconds with 3 answers needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry but that video game quesion was daft. As the contestant pointed out there could have been more than one answer. If Shaun had said Mario Kart and it got disallowed, I bet he would have kicked off backstage.

Don't think so. Mario kart falls under the 'Mario' franchise
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    Is that the lowest steps that's ended up winning in the final chase?
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Bit of a sneaky question about which book was published first. The Second Sex was published in June 1949 and The Third Man, in September 1949.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow what a dreadful game from Shaun. He's getting even worse. How could he now know Peter Jackson was from New Zealand considering all of the LOTR and Hobbit movies were filmed there plus I think he received a special royal honour from New Zealand.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what a dreadful game from Shaun. He's getting even worse.

With that logic, you could say the same about Anne with her loss on 8 steps the other day. At least Shaun has won his previous 3 games in a row. Filmed out of order after all.

With that said, that WAS an indefensible performance... my god, that was shocking. Christ, no one in the studio even bothered to trigger the Victory graphics because they were so shocked!

But jesus, Shaun must have felt absolutely AWFUL when that was filmed.... poor guy. You could see it in his face. Reminds me of Anne's recent meltdown... Ouch. I legitmately want to give him a hug. But I hope this teaches him not take it easy with small targets in the future.

I also agree with the MK question being dodgy though, if Mark got that question he would have very likely have lost quite a bit of time choosing between the two.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Sean should be given the sack, those questions were so simple, desert animal has to be camel, Mk video game, even i knew every answer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With that logic, you could say the same about Anne with her loss on 8 steps the other day. At least Shaun has won his previous 3 games in a row. Filmed out of order after all.

I also agree with the MK question being dodgy though, if Mark got that question he would have very likely have lost quite a bit of time choosing between the two.

I don't think its ambiguous. Mario Kart is a 'series' in the 'Mario' franchise.
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed today's final but I thought Sean would easily win despite his record of losing. It made me seriously wonder if he let them win. At least he didn't bang his fist on the desk and storm off like the beast!
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Shaun said 'I take nothing for granted, you know me' before the final chase, I laughed and said 'yeah, a bit useless sometimes!'

I guess that's not what he means though :P
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was chuffed to bits for Caroline as for the dark destroyer oh dear, ive thought for a while now hes lost it and should be relegated to the subs bench, if he was trying to drag it out to add a bit of tension it backfired but recent displays show the chasers manager needs to go into the transfer market.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did seem to be looking at the clock quite a lot, as if planning his 'big reveal' to come near the end. Some of the ones he got wrong were too easy to be genuine...
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is 11 the lowest ever winning score?
  • Options
    PortliusPortlius Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Yes for the UK. Earlier this year a Croatian chaser failed to catch a nine, losing by four points....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team today are off to a good start, first 2 guys are really good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame Rachel is out, she seemed really nice. Pity she slipped up on the Valentine Day question.
This discussion has been closed.