My prediction on Sharons real Dad!

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My money is on Nick Cotton being her birth father. He would've been the same age as Carol when she had Sharon and would be the only classic character who they could make her father without turning someone into a paedophile. No idea how to explain this Gavin character who sent Carol letters though. Does anybody know when we find out who her birth father is?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That would be interesting as it would make Dot her Grandmother.

But how old is Nick, is he old enough to be her father? And why would Den Watts specifically want to adopt Nicks child?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really do much in terms of character progression though as Dot and Sharon already have a Mum/Daughter type relationship.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course he is if toddlers could get someone pregnant

there of similar ages
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    It doesn't really do much in terms of character progression though as Dot and Sharon already have a Mum/Daughter type relationship.

Same with Pete Beale.

I don't want it to be a dead guy. What would be the point.
    Forum Member
    Of course he is if toddlers could get someone pregnant

there of similar ages

Nick is a few years older, although not a considerable amount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Same with Pete Beale.

I don't want it to be a dead guy. What would be the point.

Yes. It would be a one week wonder. And then we're back to Phil and a probable love triangle. I really wish they hadn't killed Den and Angie off. :(
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    What about The Undertaker? Maybe he knew Den.
    Forum Member
    Yes. It would be a one week wonder. And then we're back to Phil and a probable love triangle. I really wish they hadn't killed Den and Angie off. :(

Anita's too rich to bother returning and Leslie only has himself and his webcam to blame :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anita's too rich to bother returning and Leslie only has himself and his webcam to blame :D

I think Anita would have done a stint. That skit she did for Letitia on the One Show was fabulous. :D Les was a silly old goat but they should have just put scratch mitts on him and carried on!
    Forum Member
    I think Anita would have done a stint. That skit she did for Letitia on the One Show was fabulous. :D Les was a silly old goat but they should have just put scratch mitts on him and carried on!

Oooo I don't think I saw that. Or just let him slope out and come back when it had all died down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo I don't think I saw that. Or just let him slope out and come back when it had all died down.

Just imagine them returning for Phil and Sharon's wedding. :D

This is the Angie clip.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-watch-letitia-deans-tearful-4369962
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    It would make sense if Les knew Den, as he floated within them circles back in the day, but I don't want it to be him.

I think it'll be either Den or Nick.

What if Sharon's biological father is Dennis Watts, Den Watts father? :o:o:o:o:o!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

Well he's alive but I find him rather annoying! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would make sense if Les knew Den, as he floated within them circles back in the day, but I don't want it to be him.

I think it'll be either Den or Nick.

What if Sharon's biological father is Dennis Watts, Den Watts father? :o:o:o:o:o!!!

That family really needs a naming dictionary.... :D
  • CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

It could make sense as he seems to have been around Walford for years off screen, I can't think of anyone else that would still be alive.
    Forum Member
    That family really needs a naming dictionary.... :D

:D:D!

That's four known generations of Dennises
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know who June Whitfield is playing? Perhaps she's Sharon's biological Grandmother
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this too. It would be rather hilarious too see the look on Sharon's face if she ever found that out. That she had murdering drug addict for a father! :D
    Forum Member
    tq21 wrote: »
    Do we know who June Whitfield is playing? Perhaps she's Sharon's biological Grandmother

She plays a nun in a convent who will help Kat see the light.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    tq21 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that she is playing a Nun that helps Kat out?
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I'm still thinking it's going to be a Branning. Who would her loyalty lie with then?
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In real life, John Altman (Nick) is about 15 or 16 years older than Letitia Dean. Is that age gap reflected on screen? If it is, then it might work if Carol Hanley gave birth to Sharon as a teenager, hence she'd be Nick's first born a number of years before he got with Yvonne who had Charlie.

Sharon is extremely fond of Dot and if it turned out that she was her granddaughter, it would bring them closer than ever before. Plus her relationship with Charlie, while it has probably improved since he found out that Nick caused the accident, would be nice to explore as his half-sister. I could see him really leaning on her for support.

But it's probably going to be a Beale by the looks of things. Nick wasn't exactly a friend of Den (she mentioned the friend bit on Tuesday).
    Forum Member
    In real life, John Altman (Nick) is about 15 or 16 years older than Letitia Dean. Is that age gap reflected on screen? If it is, then it might work if Carol Hanley have birth to Sharon as a teenager, hence she's be Nick's first born a number of years before he got with Yvonne who had Charlie.

Sharon is extremely fond of Dot and if it turned out that she was her granddaughter, it would bring them closer than ever before. Plus her relationship with Charlie, while it has probably improved since he found out that Nick caused the accident, would be nice to explore as his half-sister. I could see him really leaning on her for support.

But it's probably going to be a Beale by the looks of things. Nick wasn't exactly a friend of Den (she mentioned the friend bit on Tuesday).

Maybe Den's motives were altruistic. Maybe he adopted Sharon to save her from Nick.

Imagine an alternate universe where she was raised as Sharon Cotton.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    This sort of scenario interests me more than her being a Beale. Imagine her face if she was Nick's daughter :D
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Maybe Den's motives were altruistic. Maybe he adopted Sharon to save her from Nick.

Imagine an alternate universe where she was raised as Sharon Cotton.

Why would Den care about a random teenager like Nick having a baby with another random teenager? :confused: