Juve fans force black guy off a train

computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htrdQ63JUP8

Yeah, just thought i'd put this out there.

Comments

• kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the guy was targeted for being black, I mean obviously it had nothing to do with his real/Juve half and half scarf and the fact he was stood there with a bloody Spanish football shirt on.

Obviously the other people the Juve fans are pushing earlier in the video are being pushed because they are black as well, oh wait, they're white.

There is enough real cases of racism in the world without inventing them out of thin air.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just know it doesn't work that way. Or I'd have posted this months ago.

People SHOULD rightly be outraged by these acts - but the fact they are not quite as outraged when there's not as much a vested interest involved highlights that some just like to posture or bait.

Let's hope those fans are getting as much stick and retribution as their Chelsea counterparts back in Italy. Sadly, I suspect that's not the case - would be interesting to hear what coverage the incident has had there.

EDIT: If the Metro's headline is as misleading as some suggest, though, there may not be much to be outraged about in this particular case - says more about our media in that case (is the journalist being totally unbiased, for example). I'll watch it when I get home and make my own mind up then...
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    TheSloth wrote: »
    You just know it doesn't work that way. Or I'd have posted this months ago.

People SHOULD rightly be outraged by these acts - but the fact they are not quite as outraged when there's not as much a vested interest involved highlights that some just like to posture or bait.

Let's hope those fans are getting as much stick and retribution as their Chelsea counterparts back in Italy. Sadly, I suspect that's not the case - would be interesting to hear what coverage the incident has had there.

Hardly any coverage and rightly so. It's Juventus fans not wanting anybody but Juventus fans on the train (has a scarf but decided to waltz on in a Spanish top). People really are sensitive nowadays and want to make an issue out of everything and anything.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Hardly any coverage and rightly so. It's Juventus fans not wanting anybody but Juventus fans on the train (has a scarf but decided to waltz on in a Spanish top). People really are sensitive nowadays and want to make an issue out of everything and anything.

Agree if so - see my edit. Can't watch right now so only had headline to go on (always dangerous). But my main point stands as highlighted by the non-league biting incident which barely got a mention on here despite being well reported.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »

Yeah but that weren't the case with the Chelsea situation was it? That one recieved an odious amount of coverage for months on end, which probably didn't do the victim himself any good.

This situation is almost the same, apart from no racist chanting and this guy didn't try and force himself back on (in which they most certainly wouldn't have let him back on) Aww so he was wearing a Span shirt was he? When are footie fans gonna learn that doesn't give you the right to assault someone.

They wanted only Juve fans on the train did they? Maybe I should start pushing people out of trains when I want to be alone :D But yeah, neither was really crime of the century.
    Forum Member

This situation is almost the same, apart from no racist chanting

Yeah there exactly the same, y'know apart from the actual racism involved in the Chelsea case.

This thread is a sham.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Yeah but that weren't the case with the Chelsea situation was it? That one recieved an odious amount of coverage for months on end, which probably didn't do the victim himself any good.

This situation is almost the same, apart from no racist chanting and this guy didn't try and force himself back on (in which they most certainly wouldn't have let him back on) Aww so he was wearing a Span shirt was he? When are footie fans gonna learn that doesn't give you the right to assault someone.

They wanted only Juve fans on the train did they? Maybe I should start pushing people out of trains when I want to be alone :D But yeah, neither was really crime of the century.

Not really defending them for being di*ks and forcing somebody off of the train. I'm just explaining that this isn't really anything to write home about and certainly doesn't come across as some racist issue like the Metro or your title tries to make out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Yeah there exactly the same, y'know apart from the actual racism involved in the Chelsea case.

This thread is a sham.

So the difference between a sham and months of coverage and outrage is the fact that one situation had some drunkenly chants of "we're racist and that's how we like it" Because apart from that the crimes are basically identical. Both people unfarily and forcefully weren't allowed to board a train.
    Forum Member
    They're not the same though, the context of both incidents are completely different and you have applied a context to the Juve incident that simply doesn't exist.

If you had just started a Juve fans behaving like dicks force guy off train thread then fair enough, I doubt anybody would disagree, the fact you have implied a case of racism in some sort of attempt to lessen the Chelsea incident is what makes this thread a sham.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    They're not the same though, the context of both incidents are completely different and you have applied a context to the Juve incident that simply doesn't exist.

If you had just started a Juve fans behaving like dicks force guy off train thread then fair enough, I doubt anybody would disagree, the fact you have implied a case of racism in some sort of attempt to lessen the Chelsea incident is what makes this thread a sham.

How on earth does my title lessen the cheslea incident? I wrote what I saw. That's what I saw that happened in this video.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame you can not take back what "you put out there"

I not sure much "thought" was behind it as well

Maybe another T word with the title but no thought
  • celesticelesti Posts: 26,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the difference between a sham and months of coverage and outrage is the fact that one situation had some drunkenly chants of "we're racist and that's how we like it" Because apart from that the crimes are basically identical. Both people unfarily and forcefully weren't allowed to board a train.

You do know that the main focus in the Chelsea case wasn't just that someone missed a train, right?