Options

EE : Jake Wood

13»

Comments

• Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news that he is already contracted to return - means there is no doubt and he definitely will be back. A break will re-energise the character of Max.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanz01 wrote: »
    No doubt more screen time for the Carters as a result , can hardly wait . Jake Wood was always happy on Eastenders but he isn't stupid , everyone is playing second fiddle to the Carters now and can't blame him for going . Even if he returns in a year , who knows how long it will be for . Jo Joyner won't return any time in the next few years and the lame storylines they have come up with for Max , are not worth sticking around for .

I'm surprised it took to the second page for someone to invent a way to blame it on the Carters.

What other storylines could they possibly do with Max right now? They'd had affairs, marriage, divorce, attempted murder, wrongful arrest, death of a child, cancer in the family, business failure, addiction etc all affecting him in recent years. A break (made possible because of his increased profile due to Strictly) is exactly what the character needs right now.
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the bloke. He's such a Neanderthal, no manners or people skills, keeps flying off the handle and wading in before establishing all the facts. He's a bully to those around him, especially his family. And what any of the women who share the contents of his boxers see in him I'm at a complete loss to imagine. He's ugly, bald and humourless, he smokes, drinks and never laughs or smiles ... he's a pathetic shell of a man.

Here at home we refer to him as 'bonehead' and almost have to leave the room whenever he's on screen. I hope his 'pursuing other interests' leads to further outside projects that preclude his return to EE .. just can't stand the bloke!
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SepangBlue wrote: »
    Can't stand the bloke. He's such a Neanderthal, no manners or people skills, keeps flying off the handle and wading in before establishing all the facts. He's a bully to those around him, especially his family. And what any of the women who share the contents of his boxers see in him I'm at a complete loss to imagine. He's ugly, bald and humourless, he smokes, drinks and never laughs or smiles ... he's a pathetic shell of a man.

Here at home we refer to him as 'bonehead' and almost have to leave the room whenever he's on screen. I hope his 'pursuing other interests' leads to further outside projects that preclude his return to EE .. just can't stand the bloke!

I disagree with the no people skills, he is very good at that, getting women into his bed, talking them round when he upsets them/gets caught with someone else etc

as for the last sentence, sounds like you just described what you are not looking for in a man rather than max
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Max!!

I think he's such a great character - don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to know him, but I think he's great. And the actor is top notch.

I'll miss him - and I think the show will too.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooooo Jake cant leave
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad Max will be back next year. Long Serving Cast member's Are vital to the show. Will miss Jake.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised it took to the second page for someone to invent a way to blame it on the Carters.

What other storylines could they possibly do with Max right now? They'd had affairs, marriage, divorce, attempted murder, wrongful arrest, death of a child, cancer in the family, business failure, addiction etc all affecting him in recent years. A break (made possible because of his increased profile due to Strictly) is exactly what the character needs right now.

BIB: Here, here. It's kind of amazing how EE threads devolve into some variation of "The Carters have too much screentime" every.single.time.

Since Jake Wood has signed a contract already guaranteeing his return, he must be doing some very specific rather than taking some time off to audition for this or that. I'm guessing it is a movie or a limited run series of some sort that being filmed on location, thus preventing him from keeping up with EE. Max is an interesting character, but he could use a break.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im gonna miss Jake so much he is a great actor
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to him. I've never been able to take to Max but I'm sure he'll do well.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who'd have thought that after all those years of Max and his mistresses, his family, Jack and his many assorted Mitchell-babies, Derek and his spawn - the only real Brannings left would be Abi and Amy :eek:
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Yes, I think this is another issue that could arise with three big name characters being given breaks it means others will want the same which is fine for them but not for a continuing drama that needs consistency, Sam Womack had frequent breaks for the past year in half and it affect the quality of the show and her character, tbh I'm surprise a company like the BBC allow it so much other soaps aren't so lenient.

Is it not the case that the BBC is unable to compete with ITV soaps these days to offer the big bucks that they would get working on Corrie or Emmerdale so to compensate they allow their actors to take breaks to pursue other lucrative offers?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SepangBlue wrote: »

You are talking about the Philth not Max. :D

I hope if Max goes to prison he comes back battle-hardened and with new criminal connections.

We all knew that Mitchell would automatically win their feud (TBTB ensuring Max briefly lost about 75 points off his IQ) but a tougher Max would be much more fun - and Jake is an excellent actor who deserves so much more than endless sentient todger storylines.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soapmad wrote: »
    EastEnders star Jake Wood is leaving Albert Square - but only for a year .

EastEnders star Jake Wood has said he is leaving the BBC1 soap after almost a decade - but only for a year.

The heartthrob 42, who plays Walford heartthrob Max Branning , will return to Albert Square after taking some time off to to pursue other projects.

Jake told The Sun: "I've been at EastEnders for nine years and I feel the time is right to give Max a break.

"But it won't be for too long as I shall be back to see Max face another chapter of drama."

Jake, who has played lovable rogue Max since June 2006, earlier revealed to the Daily Mirror his character has had a tough year but it's been 'interesting'.

He said: “Max has had an interesting year, he fell in love and then he lost the love of his life. He then lost the car lot and the Arches. He’s down on his luck at the moment and that is interesting to play when Max is not flying so high, desperate and drinking whisky.”

In the video above the actor, who plays the former used car salesman, talks about working with such a strong cast.

After having an affair with his daughter-in-law Stacey Max then went on to get involved with a police officer who was investigating Lucy Beale's death - before she was killed after being hit by a runaway car.

His latest love interest is glamorous blonde Karin, played by Albert Square newcomer Denise Van Outen

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/eastenders-star-jake-wood-leaving-5775228

Noooooooooo :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooo :(

Dat hot ass is gone baby!!! :D
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    It's ok. He has nothing to do in the moment. His businesses are gone, Abi is with Ben and Carol has other storylines. So he can make a break and in one year he can shag all the new woman. :D
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if Abi stays elsewhere and Lauren ain't returning fully yet then a new family for example Claudettes are moving into the Branning house? Can't see it being left empty.

Kathy moving back into her old house?
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this had been announced 3 years ago in the middle of the Branning domination I'd have jumped for joy. Nowadays I've warmed to Max slightly and quite enjoyed him becoming a complete bitch earlier in the year. I'm sure he'll be back.
  • Options
    jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in the flashback episode we saw him walking towards the beale house and I don't think they showed us that scene for no reason, I think he'll definitely get arrested for Lucy's murder. so for his return it will either be lauren returning and revealing the truth, or ian and jane finally crack, what horrible people ian and jane are now.
  • Options
    wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If max is arrested and Ian and Jane don't do anything, then I will lose a lot of respect for them.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dat hot ass is gone baby!!! :D

For some reason I first read that as "Dot's hot ass":D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I first read that as "Dot's hot ass":D:o

:D

Nothing wrong with Mrs Cotton's ass - just ask Fatboy! :o
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Very bored with Max now and he is now a really boring character.

His exit could not have come quick enough.

So good riddance. But shame he's coming back but then again like most of the actors/actresses on EE it's their safety net esp those who knows there's nothing out there for them after EE, like Richie & Wallace who crawled and grovelled their way back in after a failed work adventure when they left EE^_^).
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got the motley crew on ignore it makes EE threads shorter and more readable.