Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well good news INYL up 5 to #71 on the Billboards hopefully it continues to rise for them both.

On another note anyone else worried the lack of a definitive 4th Halcyon single may be becuas ethere is a re-release in the works as with Lights she had a lead then two singles and the re-release. I for one hope not as i don't feel it needs one and would diminish what is a solid body of work and great effort on the part of Ellie and all involved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    New tour dates announced for October :)

http://elliegoulding.seetickets.com/tour/ellie-goulding
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    The more I listen to Halcyon the more I like it! :) A solid follow-up album in my opinion. I was never a fan of Ellie beforehand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully i'll be going to Cardiff to see her anyone else booking tickets :)?

And so true Mimi i had reservations but she totally exceeded all my expectations and made a reallysolid album thats different to most in the charts glad it did well for her too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fan boy moment got me some Ellie tickets for Cardiff :D
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Fan boy moment got me some Ellie tickets for Cardiff :D

Aww well done hav! You'll have a brilliant time! I was thinking of getting some Manchester ones but I have to make two trips there to see Jake Bugg and Imagine Dragons all in a short space of time so I think I'll lack the money
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Going to the Manchester show, Saw Ellie there last Dec. Shame there's no Scotland dates this time.
    Forum Member
    Just watched her Big Weekend set in Derry, brilliant! She seemed a bit stressed out at the start, which she said about halfway through but after that she looked much more comfortable, Explosions and Starry Eyed were particularly great :)
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it was a good set from Ellie! Loved how she did INYL as well!

30 mins of highlights from Ellie's set yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e82wrz/acts/a64bj5#p019kt6q

Pick the 2nd vid :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Aww well done hav! You'll have a brilliant time! I was thinking of getting some Manchester ones but I have to make two trips there to see Jake Bugg and Imagine Dragons all in a short space of time so I think I'll lack the money

It was an unmissable opportunity as people coming to Cardiff is becoming a rarity so im very much glad and excited listening to Halcyon to get in the mood :p

And yeah fantastic set from Ellie i love her and her little drum :p And yeah think the heathrow issues caused some minor problems so she can be excused although incrediblyt awkward interview with Grag James i felt for them both :o:p

And thanks for the link 1992 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay Ellie has finally done some more UK promo with a performance on BGt hopefully it'll have an impact or Halcyon will most probably drop from the top 40 this week :eek:
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    she did a great bgt performance - look forward to seeing her at the weekend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really did shame she hasn't picked a fourth single as it would ahve been a geat opportunity for another hit but alas. That said i loved the mash up Explosions then bleeding into a fantastic performance of ATCH and her vocals flawless. And dont job too on itunes ACH #37, Explosions #60 something and the album # 8 :)
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Just watched her Big Weekend set in Derry, brilliant! She seemed a bit stressed out at the start, which she said about halfway through but after that she looked much more comfortable, Explosions and Starry Eyed were particularly great :)

Yeah I noticed right at the beginning of Figure 8 that something wasn't right. She looked anxious about some sort of technical difficulty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed right at the beginning of Figure 8 that something wasn't right. She looked anxious about some sort of technical difficulty.

I think she said in her interview she had only just arrived before hand i think it may have been delays and torubles at the airport :)
    Forum Member
    I think she said in her interview she had only just arrived before hand i think it may have been delays and torubles at the airport :)

Ahh fair enough. There were a lot of people who got their late because of the airport. I'm sure Rudimental said the same. Must have been scary!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone going to her tour in october?
    I am
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh fair enough. There were a lot of people who got their late because of the airport. I'm sure Rudimental said the same. Must have been scary!

A couple of acts canceled aswell AlunGeorge and someone else. Must have been so worrying as it's such a big event :o but she got there and did an awesome set as ever :)

And i am Cardiff on the 10th :)
    Forum Member
    Ah I see, she got it together in the end anyway :)

Argh, wish I was going to see her again now but as I've said I'm making to trips to Manchester in a short space of time, don't think I can afford a third time within that short space
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am seeing her on the 16th
    I am glad she never upgraded herself to doing big places like the 02 and is still doing her small theatre shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you saw her already bad and you never know she may add more dates yet :) And if i'm honest it is time she started playing bigger venues but as long as she is happy thats all that matters.

Now to actual news just check her twitter AND SHE IS IN THE STUDIO!!!!! i smell a re-release damn it. i mean no fourth single and now this she better not being going down the Bright Light route or i will be fuming :mad::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you saw her already bad and you never know she may add more dates yet :) And if i'm honest it is time she started playing bigger venues but as long as she is happy thats all that matters.

Now to actual news just check her twitter AND SHE IS IN THE STUDIO!!!!! i smell a re-release damn it. i mean no fourth single and now this she better not being going down the Bright Light route or i will be fuming :mad::D

Read this interview: http://www.vogue.com/culture/article/run-like-ellie-goulding-the-english-artists-marathon-playlist/#1

She says she's planning to record a folk soundtrack for a film to be released at the end of the year - so hopefully she is in the studio to record that. I can't see her doing a re-release because we already have a deluxe edition of 'Halcyon' - releasing a second deluxe version would be excessive, surely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    embryo wrote: »
    Read this interview: http://www.vogue.com/culture/article/run-like-ellie-goulding-the-english-artists-marathon-playlist/#1

She says she's planning to record a folk soundtrack for a film to be released at the end of the year - so hopefully she is in the studio to record that. I can't see her doing a re-release because we already have a deluxe edition of 'Halcyon' - releasing a second deluxe version would be excessive, surely!

Thanks for the link i have been a bit concerned as no 4th single announced following a similar pattern to that of BL but with Halcyon back at #5 on itunes it would be nonsenical :)

And a Folk soundtrackj does sound really interesting we know she can do it but for the casual fan adding to her repetoire and maybe getting some new fans on board :)
    Forum Member

I hope that there isn't a re-release. :(

A soundtrack to a film would be cool.

Show tickets link
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that there isn't a re-release. :(

A soundtrack to a film would be cool.

Show tickets link

Same i like the Bright Lights tracks but Lights was perfect only originally missing Lights (Why it ewas omitted still baffles me :p). But yes i would love a folky soundtrack songs like The ending, The Writer all great acoustic numbers so i would indeed enjoy :). Also check out her new cover of Alt-J made a band i can't bear bearable :p