Options

Anybody else find tattoos a turn off when dating?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm single but when I'm on the look out tattoos is a turn off on a women. I should add I don't mind a couple but the large ones on the back and arms I dislike.

Anybody else find them unattractive?

Comments

• Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the odd piercing but tattoos have always turned me off too.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Just the opposite. In fact, I'm thinking about divorcing my husband because he doesn't have any ink.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    No. Just the opposite. In fact, I'm thinking about divorcing my husband because he doesn't have any ink.

Really?

What's wrong with natural personality and all that?

Tattoos are a bit of a modern times trend.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

No, not really. Sorry. I was taking the p. However, I will say that I have tattoos, and my personality is not artificial.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got three tattoos (on my arm, foot, stomach) in my teens, they went great with my piercings and purple hair - but now I'm in my thirties I absolutely hate them, especially the cherub one on my arm as it turns any outfit instantly chavvy. I always have to have sleeves on my tops and dresses or I feel self-conscious.

There's no way I'm getting them lasered though - that looks insanely painful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    I still don't understand tattoos. I had Cinderella wallpaper on my walls when I was 4 and posters of Duran Duran when I was 14. Thank goodness neither were permanent.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Small tattoos are okay but anything big and in your face is a turn-off to be honest.
  • Options
    JulianaJuliana Posts: 4,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love tattoos.

Love anything that makes someone an individual.

Love different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm single but when I'm on the look out tattoos is a turn off on a women. I should add I don't mind a couple but the large ones on the back and arms I dislike.

No way. I hate the 'chavvy' attitude of getting a tattoo (shoulder or upper arm). A woman with a 'tramp stamp' or a sleeve is sexy.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I don't get people who say that they have tattoos and that makes them unique or different. Nearly everyone my age who I know (young adult) has at least one tattoo so really in theory people without any tattoos are the unique ones!

And I don't really care much for tattoos, especially those big ugly tramp stamps they are nasty.
  • Options
    JulianaJuliana Posts: 4,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I don't get people who say that they have tattoos and that makes them unique or different. Nearly everyone my age who I know (young adult) has at least one tattoo so really in theory people without any tattoos are the unique ones!

And I don't really care much for tattoos, especially those big ugly tramp stamps they are nasty.

I know lots of people who have tattoos, but I've never heard one of them say they are unique or different.
  • Options
    ninianbluebirdninianbluebird Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on the woman.

Some women its a right turn off.

Others can pull it off and still come across as desirable.

Theres a girl at my uni now who has a number of tattoos and she is beautiful! it really suits her!
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member

No, I'm not judgemental. Then again, given the current amount of tattoos that I have, it would be pretty hypocritical of me to judge a woman on such a trivial thing anyway.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not big on tattoos myself but since I'm not dating feel free.
  • Options
    topptopp Posts: 2,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the woman.

Some women its a right turn off.

Others can pull it off and still come across as desirable.

Theres a girl at my uni now who has a number of tattoos and she is beautiful! it really suits her!

Yes until she gets married and has kids.
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    No, I'm not judgemental. Then again, given the current amount of tattoos that I have, it would be pretty hypocritical of me to judge a woman on such a trivial thing anyway.

:)

Its not trivial. Some peoples are actually intimidating to others.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Not sure I'd fancy a woman with a lot of big ones, but your usual types and locations wouldn't bother me. Far more important aspects of a person tend to get my attention.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 75,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. cannot stand them.
  • Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some tatts are OK, but too many on a woman make them look chavvy to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

Strange that. Both my grandfathers were tattooed, one of them got his tats in the 1930s, and the other got his nearly a hundred years ago.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind a smallish tattoo on a guy.

But I have to say that on Plenty of Fish, there are some guys that have photos of their backs, arms etc which are covered in tats - looks bloody horrible IMO!
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »

I've got a couple of female friends who have so called "tramp stamp" or "slag tag" tattoos. They both find the phrases very offensive (unsurprisingly) and the tattoos themselves look great in my opinion
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member

topp wrote: »
    Yes until she gets married and has kids

Why will getting married and having kids make any difference to how attractive she is ?
  • Options
    missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I find them very unattractive in both sexes. I can't help imagining old saggy skin with tasteless tattoos on.
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think small tattoo's on a woman's back for example are OK but large ones such as on their arms don't look good on a female.
  • Options
    topptopp Posts: 2,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why will getting married and having kids make any difference to how attractive she is ?

Why are you asking me? I didnt say it would.