The Lion King/The Lion King 2

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Slightly random but I love these films!

I know sequels usually get a bashing but TLK2 ('simba's pride') was a fitting sequel. Also, how amazing was the "villain" of the second film, Zira. Loved her!

I have seen the stage show and am planning to see it again. The music is amazing.

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they are great. Its still nowhere near as good as the original (just because of Mufasa and the songs) but the sequel is still good for a Disney film (have you seen the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sequels). I also really like the Aladdin sequels too.

I think Lion King and Aladdin are my fav Disney movies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they are great. Its still nowhere near as good as the original (just because of Mufasa and the songs) but the sequel is still good for a Disney film (have you seen the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sequels). I also really like the Aladdin sequels too.

I think Lion King and Aladdin are my fav Disney movies.

I've seen 'Return To Sea' but not the third TLM movie (that's a prequel isn't it?) I really liked TLM2 actually. I thought it was quite strong for a follow-up. I wasn't so keen on the CInderella sequels, though I do have them on DVD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen 'Return To Sea' but not the third TLM movie (that's a prequel isn't it?) I really liked TLM2 actually. I thought it was quite strong for a follow-up. I wasn't so keen on the CInderella sequels, though I do have them on DVD.

The 3rd one is with his dad and the golden hand on the floating turtle isn't it? Gosh, that sounds really bad haha but I do like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 3rd one is with his dad and the golden hand on the floating turtle isn't it? Gosh, that sounds really bad haha but I do like it.

I think so yes! :p I've not seen it (though I saw some trailer clips on YouTube). I think in 2014 'TLM' is being re-released which usually means so is the sequels. So i'll buy the boxset if they make one available like I did with the Cinderella one. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think so yes! :p I've not seen it (though I saw some trailer clips on YouTube). I think in 2014 'TLM' is being re-released which usually means so is the sequels. So i'll buy the boxset if they make one available like I did with the Cinderella one. :D

Oh, you should give it a go :) I kind of found it sad at the end, won't spoil it for you though.

Re-release? Like cinema?
  • iammeiamme Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I also love the third one they did about Timon and Pumba thought it was very imaginative.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like both number 1 and simba's pride was good to.
    Found the 3rd the worst but still I got them all on Blu Ray as it was £14 but they have gone right up now.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    The sequel isn't bad, but TLK didn't really need one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, you should give it a go :) I kind of found it sad at the end, won't spoil it for you though.

Re-release? Like cinema?

No I meant like the DVD's getting re-released (TLM is now out of print). For some reason, every 5-10 years Disney release yet another DVD of the same movie. There's been about four so far for Beauty and the beast! :eek:
  • firegoddess666firegoddess666 Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I love the Lion King, always has and always will be my favourite Disney movie.
    I'm just sad there isn't much merchandise for it especially for adults. I was extrememly happy to get a large simba mug for christmas because i have been looking for one for ages. Bring out more adult lion king stuff disney! haha