What kind of drunk are you?

maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
Forum Member
I think it depends on what I have been drinking. If I am drinking red wine I tend to get all philosophical when I have had one too many. When I am drinking vodka I think I am the funniest person ever (don't think I am wrong either as I normally reflect on my behaviour the next day and still chuckle) and when I am drinking gin I can act like an opinionated smart arse who knows everything.

Are you one type of drunk or does different drinks affect you differently?

Comments

• Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrrh yaa basa, all take yous all on ya bassads - yous me best mate yous are - arrgghhh, hic...hic...bleuuurraaargh!
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    High pitched and chatty.... regardless of what I'm drinking.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy drunk
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relaxed , happy and enjoy chatting and so on.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    High pitched and chatty.... regardless of what I'm drinking.

Me too. But then also the drunk that had to sober up quickly as soon as people started crying/being ill/any other drama! :D
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Committed.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Me too. But then also the drunk that had to sober up quickly as soon as people started crying/being ill/any other drama! :D
    :o
    *Twinnage high 5's* :D
    stoatie wrote: »
    Committed.

Ha, I can vouch for that. You never 'seem' pissed though, you can drink anyone under the table and still be... well... Stoatie.
    You're actually a FABTASTIC bloke to drink with.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aspiring.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A puking one so sadly I have to refrain from drinking More than a couple.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are you calling a drunk ? I'll knock your block off.

I can handle my drink, unlike you pantie-waisted fannies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't happen much these days, but ...
    Nothing happens other than I get even more random than usual, until everyone else has passed out after appalling quantities of alcohol, then wander about and mumble to myself, or scribble stuff down as it pours through.
    Tend to make bizarre sandwiches like lamb and cheese or ravioli and mayo and eat like a pig - anything I can get hold of - 10 bags of crisps or three boxes of Pringles is not unknown on top of sarnies.
    If I actually get to bed I'm up same as usual as if nothing happened.
    Spend the next day telling everyone who was there what went on.

If I'm out, I'll wander off without letting anyone know where I've gone, causing endless search parties :D
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Doesn't happen much these days, but ...
    Nothing happens other than I get even more random than usual, until everyone else has passed out after appalling quantities of alcohol, then wander about and mumble to myself, or scribble stuff down as it pours through.
    Tend to make bizarre sandwiches like lamb and cheese or ravioli and mayo and eat like a pig - anything I can get hold of - 10 bags of crisps or three boxes of Pringles is not unknown on top of sarnies.
    If I actually get to bed I'm up same as usual as if nothing happened.
    Spend the next day telling everyone who was there what went on.

If I'm out, I'll wander off without letting anyone know where I've gone, causing endless search parties :D

Oh, I have a friend who does that ALL the time! We just text her now and invariably she is at home
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    :o
    *Twinnage high 5's* :D

:D And it was always me that had to relay everything that had gone down the night before. :D

Thankfully me and my friends are long past all that teenage folly now and I don't drink that often any more as I can't hack the hangovers like I used to. :(
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get very loud and won't shut up, recently that's as bad as it gets. There was a time I'd break through the super drunk barrier and would range from shouting and arguing to crying my eyes out. Actually, thinking about it now, I'm surprised I still have friends from those times!

On an average night now though I do just get loud and super chatty. Which I really regret the next day, remembering all the cringey things I've ranted and whined about. Perhaps I should just cut out alcohol altogether to save myself the embarrassment!

Edit- the arguing/crying days I tended to drink a lot of vodka, tequila, sambuca etc. Now I mostly drink wine or cider - perhaps this has something to do with my change in drunken behaviour, as I very very rarely touch spirits now...
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, I can vouch for that. You never 'seem' pissed though, you can drink anyone under the table and still be... well... Stoatie.
    You're actually a FABTASTIC bloke to drink with.

Yeah, we should totally do that again sometime.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I get very loud and won't shut up, recently that's as bad as it gets. There was a time I'd break through the super drunk barrier and would range from shouting and arguing to crying my eyes out. Actually, thinking about it now, I'm surprised I still have friends from those times!

On an average night now though I do just get loud and super chatty. Which I really regret the next day, remembering all the cringey things I've ranted and whined about. Perhaps I should just cut out alcohol altogether to save myself the embarrassment!

Edit- the arguing/crying days I tended to drink a lot of vodka, tequila, sambuca etc. Now I mostly drink wine or cider - perhaps this has something to do with my change in drunken behaviour, as I very very rarely touch spirits now...

I DO think there is a lot of truth in that, as I said in my original post, I believe different drinks can affect you differently.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Committed.

:D:D Great answer.

I am a very quiet drunk. Alcohol knocks me out really quickly so I tend to be a sleeping drunk. I had to be rescued by my friends from the floor of the ladies' loo in a night club once. I was fast asleep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oops ... seeing An's on here reminded me ...
    I eat any and all cheese in sight when drunk - although I do that anyway, it's worse. Tends to be by the fistful :o
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Don't know never been drunk in my life.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumb and dumberer
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy and loud BUT with a dark side which can suddenly appear now and then leading to unpredictable consequences...when it happens its usually some kind of crying and drama.

I tend to just have a few in the house now. I got fed up of making a dick of myself for no reason.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horny :blush:
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D Great answer.

I am a very quiet drunk. Alcohol knocks me out really quickly so I tend to be a sleeping drunk. I had to be rescued by my friends from the floor of the ladies' loo in a night club once. I was fast asleep.

I'm the same. I just go to sleep. Never on the floor of the men's toilets though, cause they are normally swimming in pee.
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a pints of lager man and when I have a few scoops I become quite and quite sociable unlike my sober state.

But in my earlier drinking days I was a big Irish Whiskey drinker (Bush) and pints of Guinness and would become very aggressive and argumentative.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to kiss and hug my mates a lot, especially on the top of their head if they're bald.