Options

Petition for the Prime Minister

Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
Forum Member
SIGN HERE

Limit the role of large corporations in British politics, give British citizens a greater say in how their country is run and stop attacking the most vulnerable in British society

In a United Kingdom where over 13 million people do not have enough to live on (Oxfam) and 8.1 million people live below an income level regarded by the public as the minimum needed to participate in society (Joseph Rowntree Foundation) it seems incredibly unjustifiable to have large corporations playing such a key role in the running of our country when so many average members of the public are left voiceless.

We demand that the Prime Minister and the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:

- Reverse the privatisation of public services such as Royal Mail and our railways.

- End future plans to privatise sections of the NHS and scrap the human rights act.

- Increase, rather than decrease, the number of MP's throughout the country before the next parliament creating a fairer and more representative UK. Doing so with fair electoral boundaries.

- Decrease the inheritance tax threshold for married couples and civil partners to £100,000.

- Introduce a living wage that ensures every citizen of the United Kingdom has more than the minimum amount of money required to live a reasonable lifestyle, including the 13 million people who do not have enough to live on.

- Make lobbying on behalf of large corporations, such as energy companies, and weapon manufactures, illegal to decrease their influence in British politics and ensure decisions are reached by MP's on the grounds of the views of their constituents.

- Prevent Members of Parliament from holding a secondary job in which they act as an adviser for large corporations as this could influence their decision on matters on which they vote.

- Ensure that if a petition is achieved featuring more than 10% of an MP's constituents signatures, the MP most vote on a matter of which the petition dictates unless they are upholding a policy of Abstentionism during their time in parliament.

- Introduce reforms upon the House of Lords, including democratically elected lords by members of the public.

-STOP THE FURTHER £12 BILLION AUSTERITY CUTS PLANNED INSTEAD RAISING MONEY THROUGH CHASING COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS WHO DODGE TAXES, INCLUDING OFFSHORE HEDGE FUNDS.

SIGN HERE

Anyone who disagrees please don't bother commenting if you are going to bitch below.

Comments

• Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll comment if I want to thank you.

As I disagree with at least half of your 'demands', I'll not bother signing.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who disagrees please don't bother commenting if you are going to bitch below.

Righto, is it ok to laugh.
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SIGN HERE

Limit the role of large corporations in British politics, give British citizens a greater say in how their country is run and stop attacking the most vulnerable in British society

In a United Kingdom where over 13 million people do not have enough to live on (Oxfam) and 8.1 million people live below an income level regarded by the public as the minimum needed to participate in society (Joseph Rowntree Foundation) it seems incredibly unjustifiable to have large corporations playing such a key role in the running of our country when so many average members of the public are left voiceless.

We demand that the Prime Minister and the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:

- Reverse the privatisation of public services such as Royal Mail and our railways.

- End future plans to privatise sections of the NHS and scrap the human rights act.

- Increase, rather than decrease, the number of MP's throughout the country before the next parliament creating a fairer and more representative UK. Doing so with fair electoral boundaries.

- Decrease the inheritance tax threshold for married couples and civil partners to £100,000.

- Introduce a living wage that ensures every citizen of the United Kingdom has more than the minimum amount of money required to live a reasonable lifestyle, including the 13 million people who do not have enough to live on.

- Make lobbying on behalf of large corporations, such as energy companies, and weapon manufactures, illegal to decrease their influence in British politics and ensure decisions are reached by MP's on the grounds of the views of their constituents.

- Prevent Members of Parliament from holding a secondary job in which they act as an adviser for large corporations as this could influence their decision on matters on which they vote.

- Ensure that if a petition is achieved featuring more than 10% of an MP's constituents signatures, the MP most vote on a matter of which the petition dictates unless they are upholding a policy of Abstentionism during their time in parliament.

- Introduce reforms upon the House of Lords, including democratically elected lords by members of the public.

-STOP THE FURTHER £12 BILLION AUSTERITY CUTS PLANNED INSTEAD RAISING MONEY THROUGH CHASING COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS WHO DODGE TAXES, INCLUDING OFFSHORE HEDGE FUNDS.

SIGN HERE

So anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't deserve your time, yet you are arguing that you want a politics where more opinions are heard...?
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Typical Left Wing attitude to democracy and freedom of speech , agree with us or shut the f*ck up

I don't see this thread going the way the OP wants it to :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Typical Left Wing attitude to democracy and freedom of speech , agree with us or shut the f*ck up

Pretty amusing to see someone arguing for a more representative democracy whilst on the other hand saying anyone who disagrees with him shouldn't say anything :D:D
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Cameron will not care as he's a evil heartless ****
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't deserve your time, yet you are arguing that you want a politics where more opinions are heard...?

NO! You've misunderstood, you can voice your disagreement but don't comment with the intention to bitch or start arguments. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Cameron will not care as he's a evil heartless ****
    That's the main problem yeah ahahah :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO! You've misunderstood, you can voice your disagreement but don't comment with the intention to bitch or start arguments. :)

Okay thanks for clarifying that, I respect your opinion :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretty amusing to see someone arguing for a more representative democracy whilst on the other hand saying anyone who disagrees with him shouldn't say anything :D:D

I didn't say anyone who disagrees "Shouldn't say anything". I said not to comment with the intention to "bitch". I have no issues with someone disagreeing with me. It's when someone attacks me for holding my opinion that bugs me.:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say anyone who disagrees "Shouldn't say anything". I said not to comment with the intention to "bitch". I have no issues with someone disagreeing with me. It's when someone attacks me for holding my opinion that bugs me.:):)

Yeah I understand, no problem:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay thanks for clarifying that, I respect your opinion :)

No problem:)
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    The trouble with putting so many different things onto one petition for me is that I would have to agree with everything in order to sign it. Whilst I agree with the general sentiment of this, I do not agree with having more MP's nor with lowering the IHT threshold to 100,000 (not that I agree either with the Tories wanting to increase it substantially even though I may benefit). I also think when you "demand" something then it can put people off immediately. It is a shame as I agree with the other proposals.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a United Kingdom where over 13 million people do not have enough to live on (Oxfam)

etc.

In a nutshell, you want the PM (and the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) not to do the very things they were elected to do.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    In a nutshell, you want the PM (and the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) not to do the very things they were elected to do.

I agree. The Tories were elected by 25% of voters to inflict maximum damage on the less well off and improve things for the rich, and they will do that very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. The Tories were elected by 25% of voters to inflict maximum damage on the less well off and improve things for the rich, and they will do that very well.

Yawn.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Yawn.
    Are you saying it's boring when I agree with you and expand your point? I'll go back to arguing with you instead about your worship and adulation of all things Conservative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying it's boring when I agree with you and expand your point? I'll go back to arguing with you instead about your worship and adulation of all things Conservative.

The Conservatives were NOT elected to inflict maximum damage on the less well off and improve things for the rich. So, as it so often is, your "expansion" is anything but and just yet another instance of reductio ad absurdum. In case you were in any doubt, that's what I was yawning about.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You need to understand that there will always be people earning less than others and there will be always be the low earners.

The minimum amount of money to live a reason lifestyle ? What is a reasonable lifestyle?
    This will vary according to the whims of individuals. Do you award pay rises based on how useful an employee is or what they want to spend their money on ?
  • Options
    sturcolsturcol Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nice. Don't think I'll bother signing this.
  • Options
    sturcolsturcol Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This has become a bit of a theme. What do you mean by "attacking"?
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Conservatives were NOT elected to inflict maximum damage on the less well off and improve things for the rich.

But that's what's going to happen again, it seems to be who they are and what they do >:( :(
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I will not be signing.

I think you need to start listening to others rather than demanding only your voice should be heard.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you feel about the trade deficit ?

Should national insurance be rolled into general taxation ?

Should the defence budget be increased or should we work smarter?
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »

Typical right wing attitude take the opinion of one person and use it to attack millions,

see what I did there?
    As for the OP good luck with that, I am certain that the very nice Mr Cameron and his party will listen take on board what you are saying, have a good belly laugh and think up even more ways to 'help' the poor and the vulnerable......................................... to keep them and their chums in a manner they feel they deserve.