AT 5 Average nice start then stood about like a lemon
    Waltz 7 Good but a little stilted
    Gethin & Camilla
    PD 7 Good liked the cape work
    AT 7 Good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched the show I have to say Alesha’s AT was actually really bad (as was Matt’s on second viewing, he's really lucky Flavia's such an attention magnet)…
    I can’t believe Alesha scored the highest with two 9’s and two 10’s…Gethins was actually really significantly better watching it again - if he’d been dancing with Flavia it would have been really hot… Great connection with his partner.... I don’t think Camilla collected her knees enough so it lacked that really particular feel an AT walk has…like a cat…so that dissipated some of the impact......Listen to me like I’m an expert LOL :D

I think this proves that sadly, despite my love of the dance, AT should be a non judged group dance in the final, rather than a marked routine in the semis.

Still not feeling Matt’s waltz...it was good but not a “40”… it lacked the effortless fluidity and natural ease both Gethin and Alesha's both had in spades. (And I know you can't mark accross series but I can't help myself :)...it's not up there with Matt Dawson, Emma's or Zoes either.) Is there something wrong with me??....I feel like Margo from The Good Life "but why is it funny???PLease tell my why it's funny???" LOL

Loved Alesha’s QS slightly more 2nd time around…

So best dances of the night for me
    Alesha QS, Gethin’s AT followed then by Matt's Waltz
  • TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Easy...straight 8s.
    Um... really?
    Argentine Tango - 9
    Very good, but Craig was right that there wasn't enough 'attack' (as I understand it).

Matt & Flavia
    Argentine Tango - 8
    Not bad, but a bit basic and tentative.
    Waltz - 9
    I can see why this might get a 10 - his footwork (again, insofar as I can judge) seemed flawless and it was all very well done. But the perfect score with a standing ovation is just baffling to me. The performance just seemed a bit bland - was this honestly supposed to have been the best waltz the show has seen?

Gethin & Camilla
    Paso Doble - 9
    Enjoyed this. The essence of the dance came through, even though it wasn't perfect technically.
    Argentine Tango - 9
    Very good, but still lacked something.

Overall, Alesha was the right person to go through first. It's a bit odd that her 2 dances got the same marks though. The quickstep demanded 10s whereas the AT didn't really justify them - none of the ATs did. It's difficult for them to look impressive when people remember M&K's, nevermind Vincent and Flavia doing a gymnastic workout whilst 2 inches apart. None were as good as Emma Bunton's last year either.