Options

10 days of DS hell?!

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Can I assume that for the next ten days this forum will be filled with unbridled baseless vitriol and peurile insults?

Seems that certain FMs will simply spend their time posting thread after thread designed to undermine HMs they dislike.

I have some bad news for you...
No amount of posting about how Steve is a pervert or how Josie is a fat, ugly pig is going to change ANYBODY'S mind about them.

There's ten days of the show left so why not spend the time actually WATCHING it and then discussing some of the more interesting things we see rather than filling up this forum with overzealous nonsense?

I'm sure we all have out favourites and nothing anybody says is going to change anybody's mind so why bother with all the hate-filled (and I don't use that term lightly) nonsense?

Please take a minute to post here if you agree.

Comments

• Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    It will be a free-for-all bloodbath. I'll fetch the popcorn. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL.:D

Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posting on anti housemate threads lets me release me rage in a far more constructive way than say, throwing a brick through my tv ;):p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Can I assume that for the next ten days this forum will be filled with unbridled baseless vitriol and peurile insults?

Seems that certain FMs will simply spend their time posting thread after thread designed to undermine HMs they dislike.

No amount of posting about how Steve is a pervert or how Josie is a fat, ugly pig is going to change ANYBODY'S mind about them.

There's ten days of the show left so why not spend the time actually WATCHING it and then discussing some of the more interesting things we see rather than filling up this forum with overzealous nonsense?

I'm sure we all have out favourites and nothing anybody says is going to change anybody's mind so why bother with all the hate-filled (and I don't use that term lightly) nonsense?

You honestly can't see the irony in your post? :D:D
    You say that no one can change people's opinions on house mates and then hope to change people's opinions how to post on DS.
    ''Shepard, you have changed nothing''! :D:D;);)
    This may help you get through the next 10 days....
    Unless their opinion affects your opinion, their opinion matters not at all.
    You can avoid any thread that looks like you might not like it from the title you know? :):D
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »

Oh yes... Time to call in sick to work ;)
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I doubt there will be much to talk about after Friday when the biggest players have left. I cannot imagine much entertainment with the likes of JJ2, Steve and Andrew left in the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    +1 :)
  • Options
    jenni taliajenni talia Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *rolls sleeves up* Let's go! :D
  • Options
    PoisonDwarf18PoisonDwarf18 Posts: 6,902
    Forum Member
    Here here!

*raises glass* :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jenova wrote: »
    You honestly can't see the irony in your post? :D:D
    You say that no one can change people's opinions on house mates and then hope to change people's opinions how to post on DS.

My point was more that posting baseless nonsense isn't going to change anybody's opinion.

If people post stuff about what's actually HAPPENING in the house then I'd hope that might have more impact.

Course, I don't expect this thread to stop anybody posting nonsense but it will, at least, give people who feel the same way I do a chance to make their feelings known.
    Unless their opinion affects your opinion, their opinion matters not at all.
    You can avoid any thread that looks like you might not like it from the title you know? :):D

Alas, it does affect things.

Often people will post interesting threads which might quickly be overwhelmed, and relagated to page 3 or 4, by a rash of nonsense threads.

The forums are a poorer place due to that sort of posting IMO.
  • Options
    Sue Ellen EwingSue Ellen Ewing Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I shall just sit and watch (with popcorn)of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    TBH I doubt there will be much to talk about after Friday when the biggest players have left. I cannot imagine much entertainment with the likes of JJ2, Steve and Andrew left in the house.

:confused: Why do you see them as the likely winners?

In answer to the OP, it is bound to be abusive to awful for a while. Best to put on a tin hat and look for glimpses of humour.

I agree that it is extremely rare for someone to change their views on a housemate just because a load of people are jumping up and down calling them names. I mean no one is going to be thinking, "hmmm. Crabeyes. I've never seen it before, but now that I have..."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I mean no one is going to be thinking, "hmmm. Crabeyes. I've never seen it before, but now that I have..."
    The thing that irks me is that if, rather than doing the jumping up and down thing, people DID actually post more insightful stuff which highlights genuine flaws in a HMs character there's a chance some people might be swayed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    rombod wrote: »

Ringside seat booked, snacks ordered. I've pretty much given up on the show just read here now, it's a sociologists paradise! :D
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything, the excessive and sometimes very cruel name calling directed at Steve and Josie, along with some of the preposterous lies told about them has made me feel a bit sorry for them and defend them.

Neither would have been in my top 4 a few weeks back. But now I'd be happy to see them in the finals and even win in Steve's case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point was more that posting baseless nonsense isn't going to change anybody's opinion.

If people post stuff about what's actually HAPPENING in the house then I'd hope that might have more impact.

Course, I don't expect this thread to stop anybody posting nonsense but it will, at least, give people who feel the same way I do a chance to make their feelings known.*1

Alas, it does affect things*2

Often people will post interesting threads which might quickly be overwhelmed, and relagated to page 3 or 4, by a rash of nonsense threads.

The forums are a poorer place due to that sort of posting IMO.
    *1) Precisely my point!
    *2) Only if you let it, people can only change your opinion if their truth feels more true to you than your own current belief! Fact.
    You can give me 100 reasons why (for example) Josie should win, but unless those points affect the way I see her, you have changed exactly nothing :) I just avoid certain threads, it is the secret of happiness! :)
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah but why break the habit of a lifetime. :D
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basicly the OP is saying....say lovely things about Josie and Steve, the only two HM's the OP happened to mention. ;)

I think my posts about Josie being fake have been interesting, her little innocent girl act (the only adult in the world to suck her thumb on que for effect and so on)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    So basicly the OP is saying....say lovely things about Josie and Steve, the only two HM's the OP happened to mention. ;)

I think my posts about Josie being fake have been interesting, her little innocent girl act (the only adult in the world to suck her thumb on que for effect and so on)
    :mad::mad: Do you mind? I have to try and get to sleep with that imge in my head now................
    ;);)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be, I like it when fervent supporters of certain housemates try to pass themselves off as fans of other housemates to suggest voting tactics hoping to save their loved one through deceit:D.

I don't mind if it is well thought out and intentioned NOT when people just lie outright. People are allowed to have diffrent opinions.

Having said that though I prefer that to the hideous benefit claimants threads:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think my posts about Josie being fake have been interesting, her little innocent girl act (the only adult in the world to suck her thumb on que for effect and so on)[/QUOTE]

I agree, there is a major difference between well thought put threads that happen to differ from your own opinion and utter drivel when people are clutching at straws.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    It's pretty much game over -

Congrats Josie!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, bring on the allstars (or Bring on the No-Marks) same difference
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nobody minds threads that are constructive or destructive towards HM.
    It's the constant repeats about the same things that ruin the board.

You must have seen it surely?
    A thread is started slagging off a HM, a few posters come and defend the HM. If the defending FM actually manage to make some good points and begin something of a real discussion. The thread is abandoned by the ones who simply want to name call and they immediately start another thread.

And vice versa.

Take your points about Josie sucking her thumb, good, lets have a thread about it. But when you get no response is it right that another is started about the same subject and so on and so on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jenova wrote: »
    *2) Only if you let it, people can only change your opinion if their truth feels more true to you than your own current belief! Fact.
    I think you're thinking too deeply about what I said.

I just meant that, for example, somebody might make a valid point about Steve not having a job but by the time anybody can post a reply that topic has been swallowed up in another 5 or 6 pages of "Steve suxx/roxx" nonsense.

Equally, an interesting thread can soon vanish from page 1 as a result of a bunch of people posting spurious threads.

Noooo....

I enjoy reading threads that support or criticise ANY HM. :)

Since last night I've just noticed a huge increase in random, pointless threads or, worse still, interesting threads that're quickly spammed or trolled to death by fanatical posters.

I just feel that it'd be a shame if people stopped posting anything of real worth on the assumption that it'll quickly be lost under a vast torrent of dross.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that what you are planning?

Indeed, why bother?