Calling all fans of 'The Bill'.

HippysteHippyste Posts: 1,904
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm attempting to round up all the best episodes of 'The Bill'. What in your opinion were 'The Bill''s best years?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Don Beech being found out as a corruppt copper
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dave Quinnan and Jenny the nurse breaking George Garfield's heart, at the same time as Jim was spirralling into alcoholism. Around that time.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I loved the andrea dunbarr era, her affair with neil and the explosion at sun hill, not sure what year tho
  • Satellite FreakSatellite Freak Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every episode which Frank Burnside appeared in! :cool:
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Des Taviner era was good, loved him and Reggie baby together :D
    I also really liked Sergeant Gilmore and Luke gay storyline, Jim's alcoholism (recently watched some of those episodes on Alibi or Watch).
    There was also a storyline which I can't remember much about but was hooked on watching the Bill on UK Gold about 6-7 years ago, Kate somebody (meant to be a pin up in the station) I think she got raped by another policeman who's now in Casualty. Probably confusing everyone but that's all I remember!
    I will miss it, would be good if someone like Watch replayed the show from the very beginning, possibly one weekend marathon a month? No repeats of episodes, just one after the other :D
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Des Taviner era was good, loved him and Reggie baby together :D
    It was funny when they sneaked off to Brighton/Margate/Southend? for the day :D The only time I liked Reg was when he was friends with Des.
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was funny when they sneaked off to Brighton/Margate/Southend? for the day :D The only time I liked Reg was when he was friends with Des.

I can't remember them sneaking off unfortunately, but I agree with you about Reg, I thought their friendship was quite sweet. He was never really a used character any other time.:D
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    kwscott wrote: »
    Don Beech being found out as a corruppt copper
    All Fall Down.
    The best storyline The Bill ever had bar none.
    That episode was called Loaded. It was fantastic - a lovely sunny day so Reg and Des sneaked off to Southend. Terry, the new Special Constable decided to try out some of Des' tricks of charming women by stopping a motorist then chatting them up, but he stopped a psycho and she stabbed and killed him :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    The bills best years imo was when it did the briiliant serial killer storyline when PC cass rickman was murdered, also when cathy Bradford went mad. btw if any1 knows where i can download these eps again i would be grateful.
  • tvstudiestvstudies Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mid 1990s for me. Stories such as Target when an assassin is after June Ackland.