Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 54)

Comments

• Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wozza20 wrote: »
    Either Corrie or Emmerdale. The point still stands.

Well it doesn't really because as I was talking about Corri your last post is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Some sour posts this morning about the ITV soaps. Both ratings are excellent. Corrie is up 1.1m and Emmerdale is up 1.2m on the previous Wednesday episodes.

Also Emmerdale is the most watched episode of the year so far and the highest since the live episode a year ago. How you can put a negative spin on this I do not know. Emmerdale was the best soap last night by a country mile IMO. One of the best episodes I've seen in a long, long time and knocking Corrie completely out of the park for its big episode. Emmerdale is really showing everyone else how it's done at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course, it should be pointed out that Em was boosted by non-Em watching Coro viewers who were tuning in at 7.30 for Coro

Robbie whilst it will have benefitted from the better slot don't take anything away from Emmerdale it did very well. Doff your cap and say well done.

It's not like it came as a surprise! It was going to be a bumper night for both shows it was designed to be.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Cilla dropped to 3.5m in the last half hour (not clear if that's with or without +1), obviously fully justifying ITV's decision to bump the News, which pulled 1.8m at 10,30 (1.9m with +1).

Bwahahahaha!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Is Downton Abbey the biggest programme in this country?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Thats is absolutely correct.
    Could we see the biggest gap ever between ED and EE tonight? What historically is the biggest gap between them? Might EE also get a bit of a soap boost like it appeared to on Monday?

Thursday night syndrome... they both drop a bit

I reckon about 7.5-7.8 for Emmerdale and 6.5 for EE

As you say EE might get a soap buzz boost.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Great figures for Coronation Street and Emmerdale. After the cliffhanger last night i'm hoping most come back to see the outcome.

Great to see Hollyoaks over 1 million this week and the +1 also doing business.
  • Options
    Wozza20Wozza20 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it doesn't really because as I was talking about Corri your last post is irrelevant.

Ok, to make it clear for you, if CORRIE suddenly achieves 10m+ viewers this would be a massive achievement considering no other scripted show has done that this year. It would also be pretty amazing that a soap which used to battle it out with EastEnders for pole position could have double the figures if some EastEnders episodes this year.

For the record, I do not watch the ITV soaps and do watch EE. Just think credit should be given where it's due. How you can find any negatives this morning in the figures is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think that's over-expecting of the soap considering this wasn't even achieved during last years live episode. If it does do this at some point this year, this would be an exceptional performance. To rate almost double what some episodes of EastEnders is getting at the moment would be some achievement.

Apples and oranges. Corrie gets almost no serious competition with the exception of Xmas Strictly and Children in Need once a year. It gets the run of the schedule.

EE gets low ratings in clashes. You should compare peaks with peaks and lows with lows not lows with peaks.

A fairer comparison is to say for EE's hyped week it got 7 million and Corrie gets 9 - that's fair to say Corrie is well ahead.

For their lows - EE gets 4.5-5.5 whilst Corrie gets say 6.

The gap between them remains roughly the same.

Both shows rate lower when there's decent competition and slightly higher when there's big hype (although EE struggles even with hype these days ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, to make it clear for you, if CORRIE suddenly achieves 10m+ viewers this would be a massive achievement considering no other scripted show has done that this year. It would also be pretty amazing that a soap which used to battle it out with EastEnders for pole position could have double the figures if some EastEnders episodes this year.

For the record, I do not watch the ITV soaps and do watch EE. Just think credit should be given where it's due. How you can find any negatives this morning in the figures is beyond me.

Because in my opinion Corri should have done a little better ED I agree did great. Am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree on this and move on :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some sour posts this morning about the ITV soaps. Both ratings are excellent. Corrie is up 1.1m and Emmerdale is up 1.2m on the previous Wednesday episodes.

Also Emmerdale is the most watched episode of the year so far and the highest since the live episode a year ago. How you can put a negative spin on this I do not know. Emmerdale was the best soap last night by a country mile IMO. One of the best episodes I've seen in a long, long time and knocking Corrie completely out of the park for its big episode. Emmerdale is really showing everyone else how it's done at the moment.

Must be ITV's highest rated Wednesday in months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    Apples and oranges. Corrie gets almost no serious competition with the exception of Xmas Strictly and Children in Need once a year. It gets the run of the schedule.

EE gets low ratings in clashes. You should compare peaks with peaks and lows with lows not lows with peaks.

A fairer comparison is to say for EE's hyped week it got 7 million and Corrie gets 9 - that's fair to say Corrie is well ahead.

For their lows - EE gets 4.5-5.5 whilst Corrie gets say 6.

The gap between them remains roughly the same.

Both shows rate lower when there's decent competition and slightly higher when there's big hype (although EE struggles even with hype these days ;) )

Lol u had to get a little dig in there Totem :D
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try my best, but darn work sometimes gets in the way :p

Hi mike have a quick question regarding your ratings list you state bbc including HD is ITV rating also inclusive of HD
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Brilliant ratings for Emmerdale and Corrie.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,228
    Forum Member
    Brilliant for the ITV soaps. I wasn't expecting Cilla to do very well to be honest.

Question is, could Emmerdale go even higher?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Brilliant for the ITV soaps. I wasn't expecting Cilla to do very well to be honest.

Question is, could Emmerdale go even higher?

Cilla's show didn't. Should have been at least 6m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Cilla's show didn't. Should have been at least 6m.

It didn't do that much worse than the 'Miranda Meets Bruce' show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because in my opinion Corri should have done a little better ED I agree did great. Am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree on this and move on :)

I don't think the big week is even over so Corrie could get that 10m - and we'll throw a party for you if that happens.

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't do that much worse than the 'Miranda Meets Bruce' show.

Had a bigger lead-in and smaller competition and lost in the final half hour to the BBC News. Not good enough. A new drama could have benefited from that timeslot. Cilla's show pissed away viewers.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irrelevant point. It still achieved excellent figures. Maybe, if they exist, some of these waiting viewers may have liked what they see.
    Do you have a breakdown of figures to back up this statement.

yes, look at the barb ratings every Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Coro St outrates Em every single time, every single week

Patently, more people watch Coro than Em. Millions watch Coro but don't watch Em.

End of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had a bigger lead-in and smaller competition and lost in the final half hour to the BBC News. Not good enough. A new drama could have benefited from that timeslot. Cilla's show pissed away viewers.

They could have launched Breathless there.
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Must be ITV's highest rated Wednesday in months.

I think it's the second highest Wednesday rating of the year so far...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the big week is even over so Corrie could get that 10m - and we'll throw a party for you if that happens.

:p

This and I'll bring the balloons :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's the second highest Wednesday rating of the year so far...

Beaten by?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would like to see a breakdown for ITV between 7pm and 10:30pm.
This discussion has been closed.