Gillian's fainting exposed

On Alan Titchmarsh's show yesterday, he was interviewing some of the ex-contestants of Jungle.
Nicole Mclean who was over in the Jungle filming for the ITV2 part of the show said that when Gillian did her fainting, Bob the Jungle Medic took her pulse, and said she had not fainted.

Like to know what she's going to say on next weeks Loose Woman.

Comments

• joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Loose Women won't give her a hard time. They fawn over everyone who comes on.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the Loose Women will sympathise with her and say Dr Bob's a fibber, he's probably not even a real doctor, and anyway, they all believe her faints were genuine because she's such an honest lady who has never pretended in her life.:D.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't really need a medic to tell us it was all an act, when a person conks out they don't have the ability to pull their tops down to cover a bare bit of belly.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Mini Deb faints her eyes are always open and rolled up in her head, not comfortably closed. She often wees herself too...I wonder whether Gollum squeezed a little wee out to make it look genuine? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    When Mini Deb faints her eyes are always open and rolled up in her head, not comfortably closed. She often wees herself too...I wonder whether Gollum squeezed a little wee out to make it look genuine? :D
    I would have believed her if she'd been incontinent. Unfortunately, Gilly, not being a proper doctor herself, is unaware that the majority of people who faint do wet themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have believed her if she'd been incontinent. Unfortunately, Gilly, not being a proper doctor herself, is unaware that the majority of people who faint do wet themselves.
    Ha ha ha! Good point. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha! Good point. :D
    Some poor sods shit themselves as well. Now Gillian should have played her cards right when she swooned - if she'd peed and pooed herself, everyone would have been sympathetic (if a little grossed out) and she would have been offered a lucrative advertising deal with Tena Lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She missed a trick there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cal4751 wrote: »
    On Alan Titchmarsh's show yesterday, he was interviewing some of the ex-contestants of Jungle.
    Nicole Mclean who was over in the Jungle filming for the ITV2 part of the show said that when Gillian did her fainting, Bob the Jungle Medic took her pulse, and said she had not fainted.

OP do you have a link to a transcript of that interview?

Also, I'm no McKeith fan but did you know that 'Dr' Bob is not a (qualified) medical doctor?

More info here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_McCarron?wasRedirected=true

However, having just read his CV/biography I would say he is suitably qualified to distinguish a genuine faint from a fake one. Hence, it'd be useful to see a transcript of the Alan Titchmarsh interview with Nicole McLean!

Bob's biography here www.drbob.co/about-bob.html
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you may be wrong here. Fainting during urination is not uncommon (micturition syncope) but urinating when fainting is not. Urination when having a grand mal epileptic fit is common though.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    It didn't really need a medic to tell us it was all an act, when a person conks out they don't have the ability to pull their tops down to cover a bare bit of belly.

And they don't push the hood of their jacket off their head !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Just mention how she adjusted her clothing after supposedly fainting. That is the definitive proof she did not faint.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I count myself lucky on the two occasions I fainted that I didn't wet myself then!
  • kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I think you may be wrong here. Fainting during urination is not uncommon (micturition syncope) but urinating when fainting is not. Urination when having a grand mal epileptic fit is common though.

People can indeed faint without being incontinent
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    Just mention how she adjusted her clothing after supposedly fainting. That is the definitive proof she did not faint.

Donna Air challenged McKeith with exactly that when she was on IACGMOOHN and she claimed she was unaware of what she was doing as she fainted. She's such a bare-faced liar. I suspect she's been manipulating people and lying to get her own way all her life.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

No, I'm afraid you are. From personal experience I can absolutely confirm that it is very common.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    Donna Air challenged McKeith with exactly that when she was on IACGMOOHN and she claimed she was unaware of what she was doing as she fainted. She's such a bare-faced liar. I suspect she's been manipulating people and lying to get her own way all her life.

For sure she is such a liar. How could anyone ever trust her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member

I really don't think that is true - I mean I do believe that Gillian faked her faint in a ridiculous manner, but I have genuinely fainted twice in my life and there was no involuntary piddling whatsoever!!!
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't wee during fainting, I would see a Doctor of you do as it sounds more like fitting than fainting.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG, I hope not, considering what she was hoarding in her knickers. :eek:
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall the Donna Air questioning on GMOOHN and Gillian seemed to be finding excuses. Said something about people doing the strangest things when they faint? Like adjusting clothing hey? And that she wouldnt want to faint because she could hurt her back when she falls. Gave herself away again there did Fainty McFake! When she to the ground more gently than a feather.. :rolleyes:

Shall not be watching Loose Women but then again I never do.:p
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've only fainted once & I didn't wet myself. I had just given blood though so would perhaps have been a little dehydrated.

However, I don't believe Gillian's faints were real at all! I couldn't have adjusted my clothing. Everything was black and when I came round it was like I had the worst fever ever, I was boiling!
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seen that.

Someone really fainted before on the show before and they had to quit.
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said to Donna Air that because she regularly faints she knows to look out for something to hold on to. What Donna failed to pick her up on when she came out with that excuse was that she was already on the ground when she pulled her shirt down so at that point she didn't need anything to hold on to.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kim1994 wrote: »
    People can indeed faint without being incontinent
    I've fainted a few times and haven't wet myself.