Options

The Luke Friend Appreciation Thread

ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since someone pointed out there is no Appreciation Thread for him I thought I will start one

I like his voice

Comments

• Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    I pointed it out. ;)

He has a nice tone, I like his 'quirky' style.

Needs to wash his hair though, badly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the show doesn't change him I think he has a good image and identity that sets him apart from most contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I hope the show doesn't change him myself, I doubt they will tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first live show is 80's week think this theme could be perfect for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's in the live shows :)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Yes!!!!
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's my favourite, he has star quality, love his look and the raspy tone to his vocals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    He's my favourite from the boys. He's got a nice voice, I would listen to him usually.
  • Options
    commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's something about his voice that I just love, I really want him to do well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comment wrote: »
    There's something about his voice that I just love, I really want him to do well!

You want his body too :rolleyes:

Na am joking you'll get used to my sense of humour hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive performance last night. Out of all the acts in his category I think he has by far the most potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    You want his body too :rolleyes:

Na am joking you'll get used to my sense of humour hahaha

I think Luke is working on his body :p he tweeted about working out in the gym a few weeks ago.:D

Also guys - here are some of Lukes original songs -

Good Timing http://lukefriendmusic.bandcamp.com/track/good-timing-part-ii
    and Fame of the Unfortunate Girl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPu6uarH3bPn0 (he sang this when he won the Teenstar contest)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    I think Luke is working on his body :p he tweeted about working out in the gym a few weeks ago.:D

Also guys - here are some of Lukes original songs -

Good Timing http://lukefriendmusic.bandcamp.com/track/good-timing-part-ii
    and Fame of the Unfortunate Girl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPu6uarH3bPn0 (he sang this when he won the Teenstar contest)

Oh hes getting himself all sexy for me :cool::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh hes getting himself all sexy for me :cool::p

Haha!

The hate Luke is getting on the main forum :rolleyes::rolleyes: (and it's mostly cause of his hair). I'm glad Luke said on Xtra factor that he wouldn't change his hair cause it would mean he'd be changing his identity, I love his look - makes him stand out from the crowd and gives him that edge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha!

The hate Luke is getting on the main forum :rolleyes::rolleyes: (and it's mostly cause of his hair). I'm glad Luke said on Xtra factor that he wouldn't change his hair cause it would mean he'd be changing his identity, I love his look - makes him stand out from the crowd and gives him that edge.

I have a lot of respect for him for standing up for himself and not selling out for the show. He's certainly not the typical X Factor contestant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha!

Why would you hate someone cause of there hair tho? Seriously makes no sense! I don't really look on main forum much I open my mouth to much and tell them how it is and get banned :mad: hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you hate someone cause of there hair tho? Seriously makes no sense! I don't really look on main forum much I open my mouth to much and tell them how it is and get banned :mad: hahaha

And I always told you to behave but you never listen. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a lot of respect for him for standing up for himself and not selling out for the show. He's certainly not the typical X Factor contestant.

Yes! He seems like a really lovely down to earth character too and someone who will remain true to himself. I read an XF article on DM and he's quoted to have said that he's interpreting an old classic to fit his own style in the first live show. can't wait :). I'm usually the supporters of acts who are a bit indie and edgy and not the usual typical XF contestant (Aiden, Diana etc), they usually appeal to a niche audience but their music post-show usually has a lot of quality and credibility.

Brooke - I've defended him a few times on the forum stating how he's a real artist and incredibly marketable atm! Try not to get banned :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The idea of him washing his hair is likely to be for his benefit - it'll probably end up falling out. He could keep that style though.

He could be this year's Aiden/Diana, in the sense that he has his 'own style'. Would be interesting to see how far he gets, and what he does with songs.

Let's keep this thread active. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha!

I don't understand why he's getting hate. Unfortunately, some idiots can't see past his hair and see what a talented guy he is :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So he does wash his hair, just not with shampoo... :cool:

http://www.reveal.co.uk/lifestyle/news/a521462/x-factor-top-12-luke-friend-my-hair-doesnt-smell-and-i-do-wash-it.html

I look forward to how he takes an 80s song and make it his own.

He could come out on the first live show and then emerge as a favourite, like Aiden did. Here's hoping. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Hassan please post a thread on this just to shut up the "Luke is a minger" posters :rolleyes::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe he could sing 'Mad World' this weekend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Maybe he could sing 'Mad World' this weekend?

That would actually be a great song choice

When Aiden Grimshaw did it, he was amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    comment wrote: »
    That would actually be a great song choice

When Aiden Grimshaw did it, he was amazing.

Luke has quite a gravelly tone to his voice so his take on that song will be very interesting! :)

What other songs are we thinking for the 80's? I'm a 90's baby so my knowledge of the 80's is quite limited :p