clara to leave at christmas

THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
tv guide synopsis reads the doctor and clara face there last christmas together.this can only mean one of them is to leave.and you can bet it's not capaldi.there is a god afterall:D

Comments

• johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    THE ROTCOD wrote: »
    tv guide synopsis reads the doctor and clara face there last christmas together.this can only mean one of them is to leave.and you can bet it's not capaldi.there is a god afterall:D

Facing a last Christmas together is not the same as having a last Christmas together. The Doctor's companions have faced death many times, but survived!
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Oh lord I hope so!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    As another poster has pointed out, even if this is their last Christmas together, that doesn't necessarily mean Clara will be leaving AT Christmas - she may go at some point during series 9, before next year's Christmas special
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Oh lord I hope so!
    she can't be allowed to ruin series 9 aswell
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty sure that she was contracted for half of the next season, sorry :blush:
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    1. The episode is called last Christmas

2. She could still be there the whole of next year just not in the 2015 Christmas episode
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    1. The episode is called last Christmas

2. She could still be there the whole of next year just not in the 2015 Christmas episode

The title is ambiguous. Last Christmas could certainly mean that it's someones Last Christmas. It could also literally mean "Last Christmas" as in the Christmas before this one.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, but it doesn't mean this at all. There's nothing in the synopsis to say that Clara is leaving the Doctor.
    Also, I doubt that many would accept that a rumour of Jenna leaving Doctor Who actually proves the existence of a Divine Supreme Being. ;-)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

Given the general critical appreciation of her work during the last series, I think it would be incredibly unlikely that would happen.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ruin? Christ.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

She didn't ruin S8
    It was the writing. Nothing to do with Jenna or the character. Who was being developed well until that series.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing ruined Series 8.

I speak on behalf of "the people."
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Nothing ruined Series 8.

Danny pink came pretty damn close though
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing ruined Series 8.

cough moon egg cough
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing ruined Series 8.

Are you Wolfie Smith in disguise? ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member

Given that S8 is IMHO the best series for well over 30 years (since classic Series 18) if she wants to "ruin" it that badly she if perfectly welcome to IMHO!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you Wolfie Smith in disguise? ;-)

My knowledge of what "the people" want and how they perceive Series 8 is indisputable. Therefore I shall speak on behalf of them from now on.

Their first request is that Peter Capaldi be immortalized.

On a serious note, it personally takes more than a few individual grumbles to "ruin" a series for me. I hated episode 10 with a passion, but I can't proclaim it ruined Series 8. I personally can't apply the rotten apple scenario to television. I imagine hating one of the leads with a passion would screw you over - but there's no generalization to be made there.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Tlotoxl wrote: »
    Given that S8 is IMHO the best series for well over 30 years (since classic Series 18) if she wants to "ruin" it that badly she if perfectly welcome to IMHO!

You cannot be for real ?!
    Though I suppose after the woeful season 7B . anything would be good in comparison
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    George Michael is going to guest star?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    You cannot be for real ?!
    Though I suppose after the woeful season 7B . anything would be good in comparison

Even Time and the Rani??? :o
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    George Michael is going to guest star?

^_^ :D

Featuring Andrew Ridgely as a stuffed cabbage creature from the planet of Spareparts.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    It's not like Clara dying at Christmas is a new phenomenon either!

She may well die, and even that might not stop her from being in series 9 :D
  • davebtdavebt Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Calling this episode 'last christmas' is a Moffat title. We are all meant to be talking about it being about Clara and the Doctor. So I don't think it is..

Ug.

I still think it refers to the threat. As in this will be the last Christmas for all of us. It might be some other play on words (like Bells of St John) which is just there to misdirect. For me, if Moffat didn't want us to know this was Clara's last, he wouldn't have called it Last Christmas. So I doubt it is the end of Clara either (which personally I would be happy about).

I just hope Mr Pink doesn't end up as a Christmas present.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clara. :cool:
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Clara. :cool:
    clara