It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    http://www.reality-hub.com/big-brother-live-feed-to-return-to-viacom-network-.html

would love to know where this information has come from…..
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    http://www.reality-hub.com/big-brother-live-feed-to-return-to-viacom-network-.html

would love to know where this information has come from…..

So would I, note its just a rumour at present and just a nightly LF show not 24/7, remains to be seen if its more than half an hour after bots !
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone thought about contacting TV3?

They have the rights to air it in Ireland so maybe they could provide an online live feed.
  • IrishdaveIrishdave Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a step in the right direction if we got nightly feed on MTV. Even if it's only an hour. Hopefully Viacom realises the potential of the feed and cross promotes it across their network. Exciting if true!
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Has anyone thought about contacting TV3?

They have the rights to air it in Ireland so maybe they could provide an online live feed.

They wouldn't be able to provide a feed themselves, but I'd they thought there was enough demand they might pressure C5
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    The last few pages (particularly the BB Canada link where it says LF forces the bosses to keep highlights honest) have made up my mind for me.

No live feed for me, no watch.

Thanks so much for all your efforts everyone - the channel doesn't deserve you trying so hard to make the show a success again for them.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish Channel 5 Viacom and Endemol would actually accept given the current state on the ratings. they relook at this issue If they try looking at the easy "excuses" for such low ratings its hurting everything them the show and the fans. Its the format is the problem IMHO
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    I just wish Channel 5 Viacom and Endemol would actually accept given the current state on the ratings. they relook at this issue If they try looking at the easy "excuses" for such low ratings its hurting everything them the show and the fans. Its the format is the problem IMHO

I do think too much water has gone under the bridge now
    channel 5 had their chance on day one but we all know what happened
    this current series is beyond help , I wonder if they even realize that
    at times I wonder if they think at all

running a format into the ground is hard to understand
    Forum Member
    just popped in to say hello to anyone in charge of C5/Endemol BB in the hope that you are reading this thread and take the time to listen to what the viewers want
    Please open up the show again to us so we can vote and get to know the housemates in the way BB should be with some live feed action to watch.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was only thinking about this thread the other day and that i hadnt seen it during the current run! You know something that struck me is that the live feed twitter has over 300,000 followers, now i would imagine most if not all of them would be willing to pay say £10 for LF on the website, thats £3Million to be made - easy money, not that they are that short if they can afford to give £20,000 away in the current comp they are running in the ad breaks!
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I'll admit to being very confused as to what 5 are playing at. There are some people about on this forum that suggest live feed is the only thing to solve it's problems. I think we all know what it wrong and the list does not stop at live feed and is not exhaustive. It can go on and on.....music interludes, Marcus Bentley, name tags and the rather questionable starting filming everyday at 0930 and anything past 0130 am seems to only use the CCTV style cameras (getting locked in at night when you need to get to the toilet or diary room). There's loads more problems as I state this list is far from exhaustive.
    TO CHANNEL 5, ENDEMOL & VIACOM I COMMAND THEE AND SHOUT AND ASK A MR. PHIL E..FROM CHANNEL 4 DAYS AND HIS TAKE ON BIG BROTHER REMOVING LIVE FEED IN 2009 AND REINSTATING IT IN 2010. YOU MIGHT FIND WHAT HE SAYS QUITE SIMPLE.
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    When I see this thread my heart skips a beat as I always think C5 have seen sense and reinstated live feed.

They haven't and as rating tumble they still have their heads in the sand.

I also agree with others it is too late now, BB is dead and nothing can be done to bring it back to life.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    When I see this thread my heart skips a beat as I always think C5 have seen sense and reinstated live feed.

They haven't and as rating tumble they still have their heads in the sand.

I also agree with others it is too late now, BB is dead and nothing can be done to bring it back to life.

I agree. The ship has sailed now. It's too late sadly.
    Forum Member
    of course the producers could 'time bomb' the show back in time and change the format
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    of course the producers could 'time bomb' the show back in time and change the format

That timebomb is just a lame tag line like the other ones, They could if they wanted to bought back the live feed on that Spike channel and online, Or take Channel 5+24 off to show the feed. They like control but it has slap them back on the face as no one is watching.
    Forum Member
    So OATHY,
    Based on the obvious fact that 4 are being chucked out Friday along with the viewing figures and the comments on Twitter; Silly question or is it? Would it be so bold to ask if live feed might now return more than the poxy 30 minutes which is now probably going to be taken off this Friday as they have to get 4 out and 4 in. We'll also only get probably 5 or 6 minutes of Thursday's footage.
    Could it be they might, just might finally trial live feed 24/7?
  • kirsty.ekirsty.e Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope LF comes back I've got everything crossed!!!
    Forum Member
    I certainly ain't getting me hopes to high but this could be that turning point.
    Forum Member
    once again a massive twist and 'new' housemates to enter but without any coverage it will fall flat
    many viewers complain that they don't know the ones already in the house with just 45mins a night to see them
    i guess as the show 'needs a kick up the a….' they must try something but why not open up the show to the viewers its worth a try surely with live feed
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Live feed is dearly missed, it was so much fun on CH4.:(
    Forum Member
    if anyone doesn't believe the show is in trouble after this massive twist/panic by producers then i will be shocked
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    With all the chaos that will be happening on Friday this would be a perfect time to bring some proper live feed back.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see more Live Feed on Friday night.

Come on producers.
  • kirsty.ekirsty.e Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss LF so much:(
    Forum Member
    Big Poy wrote: »
    With all the chaos that will be happening on Friday this would be a perfect time to bring some proper live feed back.

will there not be the odd half an hour on friday night?