Options

Lauren! That last note on I could have danced all night!

Numnum71Numnum71 Posts: 1,464
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oooeeeee! :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope someone considering remaking My Fair Lady was watching because thats the perfect role for Lauren she had the voice AND the looks for Eliza Doolittle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Yes. Ouch.
  • Options
    Funky MangoFunky Mango Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope someone considering remaking My Fair Lady was watching because thats the perfect role for Lauren she had the voice AND the looks for Eliza Doolittle.

Not on the basis of that last note she didn't!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    No, it was that last note that did for her. Shame.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she just missed it by a semitone or something - it wasn't quite there but it wasn't unpleasant either.
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    wobbly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Am I imagining it, or did they get her to do it even higher than in the original? Didn't sound right to me...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    With coaching yes she could do Eliza but as my singing teacher always said " a quarter tone off might be acceptable at Covent Garden but not here, dear"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I thought she got it for a second, but it sounded a bit sharp if anything in places.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

I hope Cameron Mc Intosh was watching that ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    i know, it was incredible!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I thought she just missed it by a semitone or something - it wasn't quite there but it wasn't unpleasant either.

Honestly, a semitone is unpleasant :eek:

What she seemed to be doing was fluttering around the note - she never quite hit it bang on. Towards the end as her breath control began to run out it turned into more of a kind of...well, the only word I can use really is squeak :o, and it went well sharp.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't quite hit it but she came damn close and I commend her for that.

I really don't believe Lauren is unpopular. I just don't think viewers saw her as Dorothy. If we were casting for something else I'm sure she'd still be in the running.
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the note was good.
    there was a slight wobble only due to her spinning around but other than that it was how that particular note is supposed to sound. very difficult to pull off as andrew kind of inferred by saying he doubt's whether that note has been done on any reality show before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

Honestly, a semitone is unpleasant :eek:

What she seemed to be doing was fluttering around the note - she never quite hit it bang on. Towards the end as her breath control began to run out it turned into more of a kind of...well, the only word I can use really is squeak :o, and it went well sharp
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lauren is 'My Fair Lady' ;) watch this space......
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I commend her for trying it, especially since the performance otherwise was perfect. She didn't quite hit it but I think it's nowhere near as bad as people are saying it is.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly sure she could do 'posh' Eliza but could she do Cockney Eliza?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure she could do 'posh' Eliza but could she do Cockney Eliza?

No danger she could walk it!
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was bad and it was flat, but she's done enough to do well elsewhere. She's too mannered for me as an actress, but she has talent and she's very pretty.

I'm just not convinced she has 'star quality'.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Laurens solo the best tonight, Sophie second and Danielle rather shouty, but an odd song I thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in no way a singer but it seemed impressive to me, while at the same time making me wince :(

Shame they put her in such a dark dress - IMO just made her look older and less Dorothy- like.

Lauren was my least favourite of the three, but after that performance I think she'd be excellent as Eliza.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Top Bb, I thought it sounded slightly off, however it may have sounded better in the studio through the i house PA. On TV it can sometime sound sharp?

But there again I thought Sophie's final two notes were off :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'd be great as Eliza- or Laurie in Oklahoma.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    froglet wrote: »
    She'd be great as Eliza- or Laurie in Oklahoma.

You're right. Oklahoma would be ideal for her.