No more Rock Week?

HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was previously reported that this weekend’s X Factor theme would be rock songs. However Mary Byrne is said to have revealed on RTE radio that the theme has been changed to ballads, while a source told Metro that it would be Madonna and Michael Jackson songs.

How FABULOUS would that be?

Comments

• TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    It's all so generic. i wish they'd give them a theme that would really stretch them. Something that's not so broad as to offer something in the confort zone of every performer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have preferred rock week myself, 'ballads' sounds like another do whatever you want week.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    It was previously reported that this weekend’s X Factor theme would be rock songs. However Mary Byrne is said to have revealed on RTE radio that the theme has been changed to ballads, while a source told Metro that it would be Madonna and Michael Jackson songs.

How FABULOUS would that be?

The thing is Op is that the confusion lies in the several different theme weeks taht are so vague that they don't matter. I too would like to see the end of Rock week but this series it really dosen;'t matter.

I mean where does Could it be magic and Relight my fire connect with Halloween?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrash metal week -:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowho wrote: »
    Thrash metal week -:D

The thought of Mary doing Iron Maiden's run to the hills cracks me up.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donbon wrote: »
    The thought of Mary doing Iron Maiden's run to the hills cracks me up.

Whilst the thought of the screeching diva Treyc destroying Metallica's "One", freaks me out but then it may finally get rid of her. :D
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spoiler mentioned by Metro appears to be bogus too given Mary's song choice.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    So apparently this week the theme is 'Madonna/Michael Jackson rock movie boyband ballad' week.

A bit hard to find songs from that category. :eek:
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    The thing is Op is that the confusion lies in the several different theme weeks taht are so vague that they don't matter. I too would like to see the end of Rock week but this series it really dosen;'t matter.

I mean where does Could it be magic and Relight my fire connect with Halloween?

This!Why bother even having themed weeks?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Could it be MAGIC, just about qualifies. How Relight my Fire, or Venus (the Roman Goddess of Love) qualified, I will never know...
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cr120575 wrote: »
    Could it be MAGIC, just about qualifies. How Relight my Fire, or Venus (the Roman Goddess of Love) qualified, I will never know...

I heard or read a theory on that it is because the Statue of Venus De Milo had no arms or legs...

Now don't ask me to interpret relight my fire but it might have something to do with hell but that is a whole other theme night...

May be someone should start a thread where we attribute songs to the theme and find how they are related?
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should just sing what they want anyway, limiting it to boring michael jackson or madonna or mariah songs is just boring. and anyone who thinks not is a donkey.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    donbon wrote: »
    I would have preferred rock week myself, 'ballads' sounds like another do whatever you want week.

I want a rock week