Options

Poor Nadine

Comments

• Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Nadine has been out of the spotlight for too long, whereas Cheryl cashed in quite quickly by releasing her solo material before GA separated and has continued to steadily release her music, so being kept in the public eye. Maybe Nadine should have done a similar thing.

Though, saying that, I didn't think much of Insatiable, maybe if she'd made her comeback with a stronger single, she would have fared better.

Personally, I really don't understand all the hoopla over Cheryl and her music, and for me, she has made XF less enjoyable since she became a judge on it, to the point where I can hardly look at her on the TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brumgal wrote: »
    if girls aloud had any balls or survival instinct they would reform now without Cheryl. Do a take that without Robbie. They have to do it now rather than later because their shelf life is shorter. The spice girls looked desperate when they reformed, while Take that , not withstanding Gary's obvious outstanding talent, looked mature and enigmatic. Sarah, Kimberly and the ginger one, stop brown nosing Cheryl and get in touch with Nadine, Get a good producer and songwriter, and capitalise on your success now. **** Cheryl

What a childish reference to NICOLA . :confused:
  • Options
    becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Though, saying that, I didn't think much of Insatiable, maybe if she'd made her comeback with a stronger single, she would have fared better.
    QUOTE]

Agreed...Cheryl made an impact with Fight for this Love
  • Options
    lizmlizm Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    becksy1892 wrote: »
    linnylou wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Agreed...Cheryl made an impact with Fight for this Love

Simon Cowell is behind Cheryl! If Cheryl is the nations sweetheart as i've been told I'm suprised she has not called nadine to have a get together with her and the the rest of the clique (band).... Isn't that what nice girl nextdoor girls do?
  • Options
    GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    My OH thinks Cheryl is horrible, he literally cant stand looking at her!!

I think the perception of her beuty comes mainly from women.

I couldn't agree more.

Cheryl is a lot of women's idea of beautiful and therefore they think that's what men like rather than what they actually do like. You hear a lot more women saying "Why do men expect all women to look like Cheryl Cole?" than you hear men saying they would like women to look like her.

The same goes for Angelina Jolie. I don't know a man who prefers her to Jennifer Aniston (except perhaps Brad Pitt :D but there are other reasons for that) but most women seem to think she is the walking definition of female beauty.
    becksy1892 wrote: »
    And if being a popstar was all about voice Madonna and Gaga wouldnt be the biggest stars on the planet :)

Lady Gaga has a very good voice.
    speedyboi wrote: »
    Yeah, thats why Cheryl came top in the 2010 poll of the Worlds Sexiest Women in that famous woman's weekly known as FHM Magazine and Nadine came No.59.

I think the perception that s she's not beautiful comes from women wishing their other half didnt fancy the pants off of her!

You do realise that the majority of votes in lads mags polls are placed by the partners of men who buy the mags, don't you?

My other half is not backward in coming forwards about who he fancies and Cheryl doesn't get a look in.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    lol what rubbish.

As a matter of fact we were talking about GA in a lecture last week. Most said Cheryl, one said Nadine, two said Kimberly and one said none of them because they don't have curves.
    It's no coincidence that Cheryl was almost top in FHM every year even before she gained ultra famous status.

With regard to Nadine, I don't really have an opinion on her. I've heard good and bad things about her. Some say she's a lazy person and pathological liar others say she's lovely and is just being vilified.
    That's not really saying much considering Cheryl is the one most people will know because of the X Factor. So people are then more likely to answer positive questions about the one they know of the most. It's far more telling when a group of people answer positive questions with the more obscure members of GA than a group answering them with Cheryl.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more.

Cheryl is a lot of women's idea of beautiful and therefore they think that's what men like rather than what they actually do like. You hear a lot more women saying "Why do men expect all women to look like Cheryl Cole?" than you hear men saying they would like women to look like her.

The same goes for Angelina Jolie. I don't know a man who prefers her to Jennifer Aniston (except perhaps Brad Pitt :D but there are other reasons for that) but most women seem to think she is the walking definition of female beauty.

Lady Gaga has a very good voice.

You do realise that the majority of votes in lads mags polls are placed by the partners of men who buy the mags. don't you?

My other half is not backward in coming forwards about who he fancies and Cheryl doesn't get a look in.

I've always seen Nadine as a real natural beauty, a different league to Cheryl who is pretty in her own way but very much the girl next door with a makeover and a lack of pies.;)
    Jennifer Aniston is gorgeous too!

Meg Ryan would be the one woman I would like to look like most :)

I do think Angelina Jolie has 'sex lips' and I can see why people would see that as beautiful but she does nothing for me.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I doubt Cheryl + Simon would have even let/wanted Nadine perform on X Factor :(

The night Cheryl invited the rest of GA and they took fun twitter photos in the dressing room, Nadine revealed she had never been told about it (and made some remark about her invitation getting lost in the post, but good on her!). I feel very sorry for Nadine :(

I think its unfair how GA keep saying "We'd have a reunion if only Nadine wasn't so busy/in the US/uncontactable" when in my eyes, Cheryl is the most busy. She is working so much on her solo career she barely has time to mentor her acts, let alone get back to the girlband.

Also, i think Kimberley is the most beautiful. And she is curvy :)
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more.

Angelina Jolie is more attractive than Jennifer Anniston, I thought that was common knowledge lol.

Lot's of men find Cheryl attractive, others don't of course but you only have to look at forums across the internet to realise she does appeal to people.

If anything women sing the praises of Kimberley much more than Cheryl.
    Tyjet wrote: »
    It's far more telling when a group of people answer positive questions with the more obscure members of GA than a group answering them with Cheryl.
    I don't get what you mean there, so the 8 or 9 people that said Cheryl should be disregarded?
    It could also be said that people on Digital Spy are biased given the overwhelmingly hate she get's on here.
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, i think Kimberley is the most beautiful. And she is curvy :)

I have the same problem with Kimberley's face as with Angelina's - her lips are far too big for her face. Though, unlike Kimberley, Angelina does also have big eyes so doesn't have Kimberley's slightly piggy look.

Kimberley is also very pear-shaped. Even her considerable weight loss since GA formed has only served to accentuate this as she has lost most of it from her top half where she didn't have much to lose in the first place.
    Angelina Jolie is more attractive than Jennifer Anniston, I thought that was common knowledge lol.

You seem to make a habit of thinking your opinion is fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The world of music and celebrity is very fickle, but if she needs to stick at it, she just needs that one brilliant song to get her rolling.

When Take That split up everyone thought it would be Gary that would go on to a fantastic solo career and that Robbie would never make it, the songs he released at first were pretty bland and unmemorable, then suddenly Robbie comes along with 'Angels' and the rest is history.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read an article several months ago by some columnist, they hit it right on the head, Cheryl is like a little girl playing dressup, she dosent "wear" the costumes they wear her, the difference is most young stars out there ARE themselves and are authentic, Cheryl has no real style, no style of her own and it gives the impression, like her music, that she is just media created and NO REAL TALENT!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tsutsu wrote: »
    The world of music and celebrity is very fickle, but if she needs to stick at it, she just needs that one brilliant song to get her rolling.

I agree. Insatiable was a weak lead single. In fact, it's a weak single full stop. Although I like it, it was never going to make serious chart impact.

If I was Nadine though, I would feel frustrated seeing Cheryl getting everything handed to her on a plate.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the deal with Tesco is what really killed her chances, made no sense to me!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to seeing if Sarah Harding's solo material goes the way of success like Cheryl's or Nadine's lack of.

Nadine's album is great though, better than both of Cheryl's efforts; and I'm a Cheryl fan rather than a Nadine fan. It just takes a while to grow on you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always seen Nadine as a real natural beauty, a different league to Cheryl who is pretty in her own way but very much the girl next door with a makeover and a lack of pies.;)

Ummm, Nadine is attractive but Cheryl is a genuine beauty.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I don't get what you mean there, so the 8 or 9 people that said Cheryl should be disregarded?
    It could also be said that people on Digital Spy are biased given the overwhelmingly hate she get's on here.
    No, no, of course not.

I'm saying that..with the Jennifer and Courtney example from earlier: Jennifer is a lot more famous so when people are asked who they think it's better looking, they're far more likely to say Jennifer because she's more well known. So when 10 people say Courtney, it's more meaningful than 10 saying Jennifer if that makes sense? I'm not saying the opinions on the more famous one should be disregarded at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing if Sarah Harding's solo material goes the way of success like Cheryl's or Nadine's lack of.

Nadine's album is great though, better than both of Cheryl's efforts; and I'm a Cheryl fan rather than a Nadine fan. It just takes a while to grow on you.

I think Sarah's album will go somewhere in between sales wise. Sarah will be wise enough not to distribute her album via a supermarket chain. However, seeing as she isn't getting anywhere near as much exposure as Cheryl, she can't compete with Cole in terms of sales.
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her. She was the voice of Girls Aloud. However, her efforts to be a solo star have flopped miserably while Cheryl, clearly an inferior singer, goes from strength to strength in her career.
    Cheryl wouldn't be anywhere without The X Factor. She's an insecure, desperate, fame-hungry shell.

If Nadine was the judge, she'd be the one with the successful solo career, and all the top songwriters writing her songs.

I hope both of their careers fail.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumgal wrote: »
    if girls aloud had any balls ...

... they could relaunch as One True Voice! :eek:
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    A matter of opinion. All but one of the guys I know in the real world think Nadine is far better looking than Cheryl (in fact most don't think Cheryl is even the second or third best looking in the group). I also find it interesting that on their YT video comments, those who don't know the group always ask who the "insert various descriptions of Nadine" is and say she's "gorgeous", "beautiful", etc. The wide perception of Cheryl being incredibly good looking seems to be something rather unique to countries where Cheryl's and/or the group's PR reaches.

As for personality, Cherly is hardly sparkling.

Many artists have the drive to push themselves but they're not all as lucky as Cheryl.

Nadine is and always was better than the others (the only one who came close to her vocally is Nicola) so why shouldn't she think it?

Hello Mona :)
    Are these the same guy's who are telling you that they think Stacey 'Wallace and Gromit' Solomon is hotter than Kayla on I'm a celebrity :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    No, no, of course not.

I'm saying that..with the Jennifer and Courtney example from earlier: Jennifer is a lot more famous so when people are asked who they think it's better looking, they're far more likely to say Jennifer because she's more well known. So when 10 people say Courtney, it's more meaningful than 10 saying Jennifer if that makes sense? I'm not saying the opinions on the more famous one should be disregarded at all.

Oh gotcha
    FernandoM wrote: »
    I think Sarah's album will go somewhere in between sales wise. Sarah will be wise enough not to distribute her album via a supermarket chain. However, seeing as she isn't getting anywhere near as much exposure as Cheryl, she can't compete with Cole in terms of sales.

I think Sarah Harding has a really nice voice.

hang on, just realised this is happening.

http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/ThreadHijack/thread_direction.gif
  • Options
    alexdn32alexdn32 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Personally , If I was locked in a room with either Nadine of Cheryl , I'm sorry , but Nadine would be for me as Cheryl is not really that beautiful, and she is very annoying!
  • Options
    FluffynpinKFluffynpinK Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    Hello Mona :)
    Are these the same guy's who are telling you that they think Stacey 'Wallace and Gromit' Solomon is hotter than Kayla on I'm a celebrity :rolleyes:

People have different views and opinions on what they think is beautiful :confused:
    Some people like Cheryl and others prefer Nadine. Why is that so shocking?

I used to find Cheryl quite pretty but she's... kinda sugary pretty. If you see too much of her you get sick of her. Just like when you eat too much sugar you get sick of it.
    Whereas Nadine is very beautiful, I've always wanted to look like her :)
    I hope Nadine's career will do well.
  • Options
    becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Stardog wrote: »
    Cheryl wouldn't be anywhere without The X Factor. She's an insecure, desperate, fame-hungry shell.

If Nadine was the judge, she'd be the one with the successful solo career, and all the top songwriters writing her songs.

I hope both of their careers fail.

Cheryl must have done something right to get the X Factor gig in the first place...she's got personality and charisma that gets you a long way in showbusiness