Cineworld Customer Services - What the hell is going on?!

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
Forum Member
✭✭
Yesterday i made an Unlimited online booking for a film. A couple of hours later my circumstances changed and i had to cancel my booking. Have never had a problem before calling them up and cancelling, it's been very quick.

However yesterday i called them up 5 times during different times of the day and EVERY time i was immediately put on hold and didn't get through to a single person. The automated person kept repeating they're very busy and asking me to wait, well each time i waited for 10mins max and gave up! What a bloody shambles! What the hell is going on?! I'm calling this 033 number, god knows how much that is costing me and 10mins is long enough to wait to speak to somebody. I mean how busy can they be?! They can't be receiving calls permanently second after second, can they?

I even called them up this morning half an hour ago and the exact same thing happened! 10min wait and still can't get through to a human being! Has anybody else had the same experience? Can someone from Cineworld explain why no one is answering calls? I was so angry i had to come on here to vent! >:(

Because i wasn't able to cancel my booking i'll probably have a black mark against my account now for a no-show and non-collection of tickets. I'm fuming!

Comments

• InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to moneysaving expert calls to 0330 numbers have to be charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 prefix numbers and have to be included in the free minutes from your phone provider.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2602025
  • bvmjainbvmjain Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Because i wasn't able to cancel my booking i'll probably have a black mark against my account now for a no-show and non-collection of tickets. I'm fuming!

You will not have a black mark against your account. All uncollected Unlimited tickets are generally removed from the system - if they have not been collected within 20 minutes of the film starting (so that the seat can be re-allocated to other customers).

(This is known as the '20 minute rule'.. However, its hit & miss as to how strictly it is applied- as many people are able to collect tickets long after a film has started.

The reason you are having trouble with customer services- is that the volume of calls has massively increased- as a result of allocated seating- and people cancelling unlimited memberships, along with people similar to you, who are trying to cancel bookings. (Standard Unlimited card holders can only have 2 live bookings (premium holders can have up to 3), which means if there is a change of plans-people have to ring up to cancel, as thre is no way of cancelling a booking online.

There are now many more cancellations, as the roughly 300,000 unlimited card holders, who were used to rocking up to the cinema, and getting a ticket at the box office- are now having to book online in ordere to secure a good seat.

People are also calling cineworld, to complain about the allocated seating issue- which is taking up the time of the limited number of customer service operatives.