Is radical Islam really a threat?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fermyn wrote: »

Thanks for that . Perhaps you can post the link on other threads where the usual liberals are claiming Islam is not a threat and does not affect our lives or future .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    If he'd said that some of them are, the Sikh would have been right. Otherwise it would have been nonsense.

I am guessing you are fluent on the teachings of Islam and it's aspirations to make such a statement!
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I can only hope there are a lot of people in France who are ignorant about what ISIS is.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that . Perhaps you can post the link on other threads where the usual liberals are claiming Islam is not a threat and does not affect our lives or future .

That hardly seems worthwhile. If the poll was genuine, it wouldn't be just Muslims who are a threat, but millions of French non-Muslims too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am guessing you are fluent on the teachings of Islam and it's aspirations to make such a statement!

I don't need to be. The quote concerned "the muslims", not the teachings of their religion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    ^ I can only hope there are a lot of people in France who are ignorant about what ISIS is.

Indeed, or that the poll question was heavily loaded or extremely badly worded!
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that we have large Muslim neighborhoods where very few ethnic white British now live; we have unofficial Sharia Law courts in areas where the police are never called.

We have schools where nearly all pupils are Muslim.

So yes, Islam whether it is radical or not is a threat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Given that we have large Muslim neighborhoods where very few ethnic white British now live; we have unofficial Sharia Law courts in areas where the police are never called.

We have schools where nearly all pupils are Muslim.

So yes, Islam whether it is radical or not is a threat.

None of the above is evidence of a "threat".
  • Options
    fermynfermyn Posts: 2,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »

I wonder if it's more a reaction to the hard line laws regarding wearing a hijab etc that France has imposed.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member

No but the infiltration of the schools in Birmingham is , you need to open your eyes to what is happening on our streets
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    No but the infiltration of the schools in Birmingham is , you need to open your eyes to what is happening on our streets

I also think the increasing number of Sharia law courts is a threat as well .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I also think the increasing number of Sharia law courts is a threat as well .

In what way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tightening up border security and rooting out our home-grown militants would be a better plan that another reckless military adventure overseas.

I honestly thought Cameron had more sense that getting us dragged into this, little by little. I shouldn't be surprised if the new Iraqi PM's appointment hasn't had something to do with the change of tack
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Tightening up border security and rooting out our home-grown militants would be a better plan that another reckless military adventure overseas.

I honestly thought Cameron had more sense that getting us dragged into this, little by little. I shouldn't be surprised if the new Iraqi PM's appointment hasn't had something to do with the change of tack

Would you prefer we fight them on our streets or somewhere else , if they aren't with now they will be on the streets of London in the near future
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Would you prefer we fight them on our streets or somewhere else , if they aren't with now they will be on the streets of London in the near future

Then let's defend ourselves properly against that. At least that doesn't involve one of our troops getting killed on another foreign adventure. I've said it before - any politician ordering troops into battle should be obliged to send a close member of his own family into the firing line. Then I might be convinced they truly believe it's the right decision. I wonder if Mr Blair would have been so keen to send in the army to Iraq if Euan had been one of the squaddies.

One in five travellers is not counted in and out of Britain or checked against terror and criminal watchlists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728359/A-new-fiasco-Britains-open-borders-20-million-people-arrive-leave-year-without-proper-checks-against-terror-criminal-watchlists.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    If WE get involved , WE WILL be targeted .
    Just seen on tv , a poll in France shows 15 % support for IS .

Sooner or later we'll be targeted anyway. Am I the only one that sees this? The threat we face from this is worldwide, it affects everyone. Just because it doesn't affect everyone right this second doesn't mean we aren't all at risk of losing our democracy.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really, I guess their higher birthrate and as a result the changing demographics don't count.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    No, I don't believe for one SECOND that many contributors, including yourself, are clever enough to differentiate between 'all' and 'some' Muslims. If you were clever enough, you could adequately use it to hide your agenda. But you aren't.

Aren't you and your Islamophobic buddies "due a day off yet?" Or has this forum become such a free for all for the extremist right and it's bigotry that it's too much to draw yourself away from?

Well, If that is how you see it, that is your problem, and a reflection on you, your ignorance, your lack of intelligence, and your agenda, not mine.

Funnily enough, most of the bigotry on these threads come from the idiots, and their thicko buddies, who, when they see criticism of islam, or muslims (any, or some)which is usually about extremists and/or fundamentalists, which they seem incapable of differentiating, immediately start with the usual racist and islamophobe name calling. You can almost hear them rubbing their hands together with glee!

The one in particular, spends most of their time just sniping, calling and inferring that people stupid, silly, ridiculous, and generally seem to be under the illusion that it is her job to keep us all in line! I thought a day off was well overdue.

Anyway, this does beg the question, that maybe you actually support the likes of the barbaric scum that are ISIS, BOKO HARAM, and their supporters, because that is who is being criticised on here, not the nomal muslims with no agenda.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    Indeed, or that the poll question was heavily loaded or extremely badly worded!

Surely not! I don't trust any data for precisely these reasons. Nothing in life is that certain, and never will be.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “Extremist and militant ideas and terrorism which spread decay on Earth, destroying human civilization, are not in any way part of Islam, but are enemy number one of Islam, and Muslims are their first victims,”

Grand Mufti
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “Extremist and militant ideas and terrorism which spread decay on Earth, destroying human civilization, are not in any way part of Islam, but are enemy number one of Islam, and Muslims are their first victims,”

Grand Mufti

So why aren't there thousands and thousands of Muslims out on the UK streets protesting against the Islamic State.?

They'd get a huge amount of support from the British public, but they really need to take the lead on this. Can they not see that this is the PR opportunity of a lifetime to show the GBP exactly where their loyalties lie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So why aren't there thousands and thousands of Muslims out on the UK streets protesting against the Islamic State.?

Why aren't any of us out there protesting against the Islamic State? Because there's little point - our government isn't supporting and has no influence with them. The IS is beyond reason.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why aren't any of us out there protesting against the Islamic State? Because there's little point - our government isn't supporting and has no influence with them. The IS is beyond reason.

why did you see fit to snip the more significant part of the post you responded to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People turned out to protest against Israel and that's just as pointless. Like Israel gives a toss about what the UK thinks.

British Muslims are giving the likes of me the impression that they 'can't be bothered' to protest against IS (and I'm sure they are bothered btw - this is not an anti-Muslim rant),

Add that to the Gulf States sitting on the sidelines with all their weaponry, and I ask again, why should we put our troops in the firing line when you know that as soon as you do, that'll be the perfect excuse for all the militants out there to start blaming 'the West'?

Right now, they're coming across en masse as either uncaring or cowardly - I don't know which is worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People turned out to protest against Israel and that's just as pointless.
    Well, no. I can see the point in protesting against supposedly legitimate governments, because, if nothing else, it's good for them (and their supporters) to be aware that their actions are being widely condemned. Whereas if the perpetrators are basically mindless thugs enjoying little support from anyone, there seems no point in stating the obvious.
    British Muslims are giving the likes of me the impression that they 'can't be bothered' to protest against IS (and I'm sure they are bothered btw - this is not an anti-Muslim rant),

Add that to the Gulf States sitting on the sidelines with all their weaponry, and I ask again, why should we put our troops in the firing line when you know that as soon as you do, that'll be the perfect excuse for all the militants out there to start blaming 'the West'?

Right now, they're coming across en masse as either uncaring or cowardly - I don't know which is worse.

There has certainly been condemnation of ISIS from UK Muslim leaders:

In a meeting in the Palace Of Westminster, leaders from Sunni and Shia denominations from cities across the UK agreed that the Islamic State was "un-Islamic".

In a joint statement they also expressed "grave concern" at the repeated attacks by ISIS on shrines and places of worship in Iraq.

The group of senior Muslims declared: "We vehemently condemn such threats that are abhorrent to all Islamic values and principles, and cannot be considered as representative of any denomination within Islam.

http://news.sky.com/story/1298792/british-muslims-unite-to-condemn-evil-isis