✭✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Holy VRAM usage Batman!

I pity those who bought a card in the last year with 2GB of VRAM :cry:
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    9.3/10 from IGN. Oddly, they criticise the missions, calling them "unexciting", which you'd think would be a major factor when deciding the score... I guess not!

What does "unexciting" actually mean though?

I can accept that they might all be samey as long as the rest of the game is fun, most missions in games are samey. But if they are boring and not fun to play that should really be represented in the review score.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey!!!! I have a 3GB bought this year.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder which console this would be best on, xb controller is usually better with these types of games but not sure how much difference the graphics will be compared to ps4.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    What does "unexciting" actually mean though?

I can accept that they might all be samey as long as the rest of the game is fun, most missions in games are samey. But if they are boring and not fun to play that should really be represented in the review score.

I'd interpret "unexciting" as being boring. It does seem odd that they've scored it so high considering being disappointed in the main portion of the game..... Although I'll definitely pick it up now.

Matt35 wrote: »
    Wonder which console this would be best on, xb controller is usually better with these types of games but not sure how much difference the graphics will be compared to ps4.

XBO resolution and frame rate hasn't been released yet. I imagine they're working to match PS4 now that they have extra space that Kinect previously used.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've pre ordered the xb1 version.....
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Really liking the look of this, shame it wasn't released afew months earlier.

Tempted to pick this up at release, but with 2 creed games and Far Cry 4 released in November I think it'd be overkill if I bought another game with a similar game engine. Will most likely pick it up when the release schedule quietens in the new year.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I'll be seeing this at the Eurogamer Expo on Friday and Saturday.

Whether I pre-order it or not will depend on that...

Well, I'm sold! :)

Smooth, fluid combat, and the Nemesis system was very cool.

My hands-on plus all the glowing reviews have definitely convinced me to buy it.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm excited for this now, I've been interested in it for ages because I love LOTR, but I half expected it to be terrible. I have no faith, I read IGN's review and instantly pre ordered it. Hopefully Amazon get it to me on release day for once (unlikely).
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    Wish it had Co-Op :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Wish it had Co-Op :(

Supermarkets didn't exist in those times
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Very good.

+1 like
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Very good.

+1 like

👍👍😜⚡️
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey!!!! I have a 3GB bought this year.

That is for the HD textures on ultra setting (and is also an optional download so isn't even compulsory), so unless you are an enthusiast you should still be fine. I don't think there have been many games that have had 8gb RAM at recommended either so it will be interesting to see what kind of performance people can get on various machines.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    From IGN
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is getting a season pass, Warner Bros. has announced.

Priced at $24.99 / £19.99, the season pass comes with three new story missions, instant access to challenge modes, a host of new runes and skins, and future content that's yet to be announced.

Of the new missions, Guardians of the Flaming Eye sees the player tackle the forces of Sauron before the Black Gate. Lord of the Hunt offers the chance to tame the legendary beasts of Mordor. While The Bright Lord allows fans to the chance to play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven King as he faces Sauron in the midst of battle.

In the unlockable challenge modes, players chase leaderboard high-scores by demonstrating their battle prowess as they hack down hordes of unforgiving enemies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a quick go of it on my Xbox One. Was impressed it's very fluid to play and looks great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xb1 or ps4 for this one???

What are people getting?
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What are people getting?

PS4...cos, I have a PS4?
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What are people getting?

I'm giving it the X1 download treatment! (Alongside Sherlock Holmes) 👍
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What are people getting?

Xbox One, for the same main reason I've got other multiplatform games for my Xbox One rather than my PS4: I *much* prefer the controller.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What are people getting?

I had ordered it for xb1, but since its come out early on PC, i'm installing it now, ready in 30 mins :D.

Amazon cancelled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has really crept up out of nowhere and after watching the IGN review I'm pretty much sold on it but there are a few things I'd like it know

Is it open world like Skyrim/fallout where there will be a main quest but I can go off whenever I want and find loads of side quests to do or is it more linear and what type of activities are there to do, outside of the corrupting captains and then having them rise to the top of the enemy racks I'm not really sure what is on offer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Xbox One, for the same main reason I've got other multiplatform games for my Xbox One rather than my PS4: I *much* prefer the controller.

Im getting the xb1 version I think....