Clara and the Bad Wolf (Theory/Speculation)

AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
Forum Member
I came across this and felt it was well worth a read. I don't think anything as intense as this will become of it, but it shows some amazing coincidences that would tie everything together. It would mean the entire ongoing set of story arcs in Nu-Who were building up to the events we'll inevitably see in the 50th Anniversary :):D

http://who-lligan.tumblr.com/post/47304596201/the-bad-wolfed-clara-theory

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, there's a lot of evidence for it. There was a thread discussing it last night.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1816008
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    My apologies...I never saw the thread. :p

I thought it was interesting all the same...some strange coincidences :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't apologise. This thread's better titled. :)
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That... is... FANTASTIC! It almost felt like I was reading a spoiler! (Which I avoid at all costs, but as this is just a theory, it doesn't count; one of the best parts of a show like DW is the theory and speculation surrounding the stories) I could really see this as a plausible explanation.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome theory.

But wasn't the "scatter them across time and space" referring to Rose leaving the Bad Wolf clues and references for her and the doctor to find, which they did throughout the first series?
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Awesome theory.

But wasn't the "scatter them across time and space" referring to Rose leaving the Bad Wolf clues and references for her and the doctor to find, which they did throughout the first series?

Indeed it was, but I think the theory suggests that there could be more to the picture. :)

I'd happily accept that as this theory is the level of depth in a story arc that would amaze me, and could easily be passed off to casual viewers too - perhaps the anniversary will in some way refer back to a story of each of the previous Doctor's? The events of The Parting of the Ways would be the perfect 'Nine' reference. :)

Think, if they have Ten and Eleven team up... and if the special were 90 minutes... they'd have just under ten minutes to go back through moments in the Doctor's past that echo through to whatever story the 50th presents. It'd create the most massive foreshadowing that television has ever seen :D (as unlikely as it is :p )
    Forum Member
    According to Den of Geek in their spoiler-free review of Cold War, there are possibly more parallels between Rose and Jenna to be watching out for this week.

It's all proving to be very interesting. :D

Perhaps Jack became a fixed-point in time whilst Clara became a fixed-point in space? :p Or perhaps Moffat will treat us like boneheads and just tell us it's like Gwen - spacial genetic multiplicity! :D
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Den of Geek in their spoiler-free review of Cold War, there are possibly more parallels between Rose and Jenna to be watching out for this week.

It's all proving to be very interesting. :D

Perhaps Jack became a fixed-point in time whilst Clara became a fixed-point in space? :p Or perhaps Moffat will treat us like boneheads and just tell us it's like Gwen - spacial genetic multiplicity! :D

I think the main parallel will be the way Jenna talks to the Ice Warrior. She'll see the best in it like Rose in Dalek.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came across this and felt it was well worth a read. I don't think anything as intense as this will become of it, but it shows some amazing coincidences that would tie everything together. It would mean the entire ongoing set of story arcs in Nu-Who were building up to the events we'll inevitably see in the 50th Anniversary :):D

That is an interesting read:D

It got me wondering about the pub sign for the Rose and Crown. It has a red rose, as some pub signs of the same name might have a white rose or a Tudor rose which is a mix of the two. On the Tardis the St John Ambulance sign looks like a white rose, maybe that is why The Tardis is not sure of Clara as she was wearing a red rose in her hair.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Believe it or not but I just had a woman called Rose ring me up from the UK claims department:D My son and I found it rather funny and quite coincidental.:D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Interesting theory but I can't see Rose having any role in Clara meeting the Doctor unless she's the woman in the shop and even that's a big if.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member

i don't think she had the time to do or think about that.
    being human and all....

if she saw the future in that amount of detail she would find a way to not get stuck and be apart from the 10th doctor whom she loves.

its a good thought, but, i don't see it being the correct way forward for the show.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice idea but not sure how it would work with the whole, erasing the Doctor from the Dalek memory banks thing! I mean, they knew who he was on the Game Station! Unless Oswin's memory wasn't affected but then, why would she make them all forget and then tell them again?