Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,486
Administrator
Styker wrote: »
On Zara, I liked the way she talked to the baby today, especially in the way she called him "little man". I think that will work well for her as he grows up, will probably be a good way of keeping him sweet but on the straight and narrow too as long as he isn't spoilt too much.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1517175

Comments

• barbsbarbs Posts: 80
      Forum Member
      I thought the bits in todays episode with Zara and baby Joe and her panic were really good and realistic - and it was nice to see more of Marina being a warm supportive Health Visitor, which makes her a more complex person and her problems with her temper more interesting. For example, does she always stay warm and calm when she's in a professional context and only 'snap' when she's at home?

I do feel we've had more than enough of Jack and his Law Degree (thank goodness he's a 3rd year and it's nearly over!). It is really not anything to do with the Mill.

Kevin looked genuinely surprised when confronted by Julia - I'm not sure if that's because he was unaware that he's been failing to do referrals, or because he's not a very good actor?
    • StykerStyker Posts: 49,541
      Forum Member
      Where getting through these threads quite quickly aren't we?

I managed to catch the names I think, of the babies that are "playing" the part of baby Joe, Emily and Lewis Whitehouse I think the names where.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
      Forum Member
      With regards to Jack, he is much better when he has a proper storyline to get into, like the one with Harrison. He just seems to be drifting a bit at the moment. Doesn't bring out the best in him.

Looking at tomorrow's preview, it seems Kevin has a soft spot for Freya after all! I said last week I didn't think we'd seen the last of those two together. Shame really, I think her and Mandy are a good match!

I don't remember missing an episode, but where has Akono gone?
    • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,345
      Forum Member
      Thought Jack looked quite haggard today, maybe that's why he has lost his way!!
      So pleased Julia gave Kevin a mouthful today, it was long overdue. It think he has a high opinion of himself and needs bringing down a peg or two.:mad:
    • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm surprised Zara is being visited by a health visitor, rather than a midwife. It always used to be midwives that visited in the first couple of weeks. Have things changed, or is it just Doctors being Doctors again?
    • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bookmarked
    • valdvald Posts: 46,057
      Forum Member
      1fab wrote: »
      I'm surprised Zara is being visited by a health visitor, rather than a midwife. It always used to be midwives that visited in the first couple of weeks. Have things changed, or is it just Doctors being Doctors again?

Maybe because it's 10 days since she gave birth and has been checked out at the hospital.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      PMSL at jack not being able to spell "criminal" did anyone else notice?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
      Forum Member
      PMSL at jack not being able to spell "criminal" did anyone else notice?

Yeah, wonder if it was intentionally a hint that in the future he may drop out of law?

My favourite of the Hollins family is Rob - he seems the diamond in the rough compared to the rest of his family!
      Forum Member

Maybe the writers want to show the softer/nicer side to Marina. Does does need help in that area!!!;)
      Forum Member
      Makara wrote: »
      Yeah, wonder if it was intentionally a hint that in the future he may drop out of law?

My favourite of the Hollins family is Rob - he seems the diamond in the rough compared to the rest of his family!

I agree with that his is rock solid in that family. I felt for him in the Immie storyline as he played it so well.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
      Forum Member
      barbs wrote: »
      It was nice to see more of Marina being a warm supportive Health Visitor, which makes her a more complex person and her problems with her temper more interesting. For example, does she always stay warm and calm when she's in a professional context and only 'snap' when she's at home?

I agree. Marina's storylines when she's being professional are quite good (may just be because I'm a mother with a young son and am involved with health visitors). But still, it is extremely interesting that she has managed (so far) to be as calm as a cucumber when in professional circumstances. Her homelife is horrific by comparison, but I suppose that's often the case with most abusive types.

I keep thinking that at some point Jack is going to drop the Law thing and follow Rob's footsteps in law enforcement. Maybe after he finishes Uni and finds that life in law actually involves a bit more, uh, WORK than he's used to. A big ole roll of his eyes when he was whinging about how everything always came so easily to him...and that's why he has no passion (??). Aweee, poor thing.

Kevin's dismissal cannot come fast enough! C'mon Julia.
    • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      vald wrote: »
      Maybe because it's 10 days since she gave birth and has been checked out at the hospital.

A premature baby would be checked by a midwife, though, I think.
    • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I dont know I seem to recall the midwife being more interested in how my stitches were the health visitor was the one who did the baby stuff but I also think that time scales on Doctors are variable and while we think 2 weeks has gone by its actual a month in doctors time and other times we think a month has gone and its only been two doctor days , i think you just have to go with the flow and accept its got its own special doctors calendar
    • girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,749
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Lets hope that yesterdays episode with Kevin and his lack of patient care was the begining of the end for the character. Hurry up and get rid Julia because I just can't take to him.
    • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I had twins at 34 weeks (6 weeks early) they were in special care for 3 weeks, then when we brought them home we were seen by HV not midwife.
      My own midwife came to the hospital once to see us and see how we were doing. Then I never saw her again (until this pregnancy)
      No midwife came to my house....

Perhaps things are different in different parts of the country
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I still don't 'get' Immie and her Art!
    • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I like Kevin, and hope he stays !!
    • susanjanesusanjane Posts: 32
      Forum Member
      I dont know I seem to recall the midwife being more interested in how my stitches were the health visitor was the one who did the baby stuff but I also think that time scales on Doctors are variable and while we think 2 weeks has gone by its actual a month in doctors time and other times we think a month has gone and its only been two doctor days , i think you just have to go with the flow and accept its got its own special doctors calendar

Has anyone ever seen a health visitor on doctors? Mine was great when I had my daughter, very kind and knowledgable. It would be good to see a health visitor on Doctors. It would make it more believeable somehow.
    • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      susanjane wrote: »
      Has anyone ever seen a health visitor on doctors? Mine was great when I had my daughter, very kind and knowledgable. It would be good to see a health visitor on Doctors. It would make it more believeable somehow.

Marina is a health visitor isn't she?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Marina is a health visitor isn't she?

Yes, she is a health visitor
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
      Forum Member
      Nightmare scenario, I always thought that it would be falling sick and ending up at Holby City (aarrghhh) but now it's falling sick and getting Kevin as my doctor, he really is an incometent arrogant boy. ia gree with other posters, hurry up Julia and sack him.
    • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was really scared for Hesten in the last scene, I honestly thought she was gonna throw the water over him, Why doesn't he just get shot of her:(

I would really like Freyer to be with Keven, yer he is growing on me a bit, I think he has a heart deep down:o
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
      Forum Member
      After today's episode my opinion of Kevin has gone down even more notches (as if that were possible). am beginning to feel sorry for Marina, but she needs real help, not Heston's good intentions and Elaine is useless. Odd story lines today, though, that's two or three wierd 'patient' episodes running...
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
      Forum Member
      Just caught up with todays episode and it seems Mandy is far keener on Freya than the other way round! Really don't think we've seen the last of Kevin and Freya as a couple after today.

Marina is frightening isn't she!? Wondering how long she will keep a lid on her temper when she is in a situation with someone other than Heston at home. Does anyone know how much longer the story is going to run for?
    This discussion has been closed.