****Revenge - UK Pace****

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    To be honest, someone with Nolan's fortune has ridiculously lazy security in place.

True! What happened to that big bloke he had as security a week or so ago?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    PeggysDad wrote: »
    Wasn't the bodyguard there because of Frank? Why would Nolan keep him once Frank was dead?

He was still there the week after when the 'real' Emily turned up. Besides ... surely (as Joe Zel said) a guy like this fella - with a house so 'open' would have security as a matter of course - and not just one bodyguard!

Too many flaws in Revenge but its still compelling. Its a soap opera - but a bloody good one.
  • PeggysDadPeggysDad Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Besides ... surely (as Joe Zel said) a guy like this fella - with a house so 'open' would have security as a matter of course - and not just one bodyguard!

Agreed, but the question was what happened to the bodyguard. He was hired because Frank threatened Nolan. When Frank is dead, no need to keep the bodyguard for that threat.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say the show was mentioned in the latest episode of Warehouse 13. Went something like this:

Guy: "Besides, I'm gay"
    Woman: "Oh my God! Do you watch Revenge?!"

:D
  • Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Revenge this week, its getting better and better every week, things are starting to really hot up now!! Must say Revenge has definitely become one of my favourite shows of the season! :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyler: It does appear that you despicable people are starting to rub off on me! :D Brilliant, just brilliant! Well said young man, well said! :D

Excellent episode from Monday night, one of the best. For the past half a dozen episodes or so Tyler has single-handedly been the best thing about this show hands down. Episodes have gotten better and better, such a shame his storyline has now concluded. Loved his stint on the show. Guess the show will now go back to Emily and the Graysons?

Other points:
    Emily is a cold, emotionless robot (it appears!), very hard to warm to her despite the show basically being all about her.
    Sympathising more and more with Victoria even though i don't want to.
    Nolan and Conrad make this show even more watchable than it should be!
    Need to get rid of Declan and Charlotte.
    Tyler - nuff said!

How many episodes are now left?
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »

How many episodes are now left?

Another 11 episodes to go. So we are exactly half way through this 22 episode season now.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Emily is a cold, emotionless robot (it appears!), very hard to warm to her despite the show basically being all about her.
    Sympathising more and more with Victoria even though i don't want to.

Exactly my thoughts when I watched the season, but as the episodes move along Emily begins to unravel a lot more as her plan goes off track.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow you guys are gonna be watching Season 1 whilst Season 2 is in full swing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if they'll air season 2 straight after the 1st on E4?

If they do, I'll hold off watching online. Surely they won't leave it until next summer again.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode this week. Nolan gets camper every week and Jack is starting to loosen up!

Are US seasons shown in two halves (in the US)? They often seem to resolve some story lines (e.g. Tyler's) half way through and start some fresh story lines in the second half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    Great episode this week. Nolan gets camper every week and Jack is starting to loosen up!

Are US seasons shown in two halves (in the US)? They often seem to resolve some story lines (e.g. Tyler's) half way through and start some fresh story lines in the second half.

They usually have breaks all over the place in America, but they tend to have a "Winter finale" before the Christmas break where there'll be a huge climax, reveal or cliffhanger.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't be less interested in the younger bar owner
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »

Sometimes they are written this way in case they only get the go ahead for a short run on the first series - then if the ratings are good they get the green light on the remaining eps. It means you sometimes have a feeling like its two little series run togather to create a larger one, and thats not that far from what it actually is - if ya follow :D
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh, so David Clarke is Charlotte Grayson's father! I didn't see that coming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    During the scene with David Clarke and Victoria on the beach (last weeks ep, I think?) I had a feeling that Victoria was going to say she was pregnant. I just assumed it would have been aborted/miscarried - had no idea it would have gone on to be Charlotte!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving Revenge, I've googled what happens so I don't get any surprises (I know it's bad but I can't help myself) I record the episodes then watch them with a cuppa when I have peace
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Wow you guys are gonna be watching Season 1 whilst Season 2 is in full swing!

You still wont see the finale of Season 2 until May 2013.
    Personally I'd rather wait until it's broadcast in the UK and on every week as opposed to watching it the American way.
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Revenge, I've googled what happens so I don't get any surprises (I know it's bad but I can't help myself) I record the episodes then watch them with a cuppa when I have peace

That's tempting but I try not to because it ruins it considering it's a show that relies on the twists and turns if you know them beforehand it's not as good.

I watch US pace anyway otherwise knowing it's already been aired and I could find out what's happening would be too much of a temptation! :p

I love this show it's my fave show this year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't like surprises?
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jack/Emily's connection, i ship them....... he is the one good thing from her past, that is pure. Their childhood, their Sammy, their is some deep love there........

You cant hate Daniel (Josh is an handsome man ;) )......... coz he isnt a bad guy, but i always suspected that as time goes by he will be more of a Grayson, not just cos he has Grayson blood, but the situations that will/has arised, will change his outlook abit..... it has to. And no doubt Emily will see and pick up on that.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I couldn't be less interested in the younger bar owner

His character is no different to his one in Gossip Girl.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode on Monday night! With a shock ending. Revenge is definetely on a roll. After a shaky start at the beginning, i'm really enjoying it more now.

Had no idea Charlotte would be David Clarke's daughter and Emily's half-sister, wowza! Loved the Mason Steadwell character who i really liked and hope we see him again. Is it just me or is Amanda getting hotter and hotter each episode? What a body! ;) Nolan is still fantastic and it was nice to see him and Emily become bosom buddies in this episode! :D

I fully expect Daniel to go to full Grayson mode and marry Emily for the Grayson shares, i hope Emily realises this and bites him on his arse!
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    Last week had a great ending, but I suspected it from the episode where the Graysons gave an interview on their marriage. They were asked "What's the one thing that's bonded you two forever?" and Victoria said '' The birth of our son Daniel'' and, after a pause, ''Oh, and Charlotte, of course''. It was just something that made me think she wasn't Conrad's.
    I can't believe we are more than half way through the season. I think I'll watch Season 2 online after because I don't want to wait until next summer for E4. I still like Jack more than Daniel. I hope Fake Emily will eventually choose him. I think Daniel will become just like his dad sooner or later. The apple never falls far from the tree.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Situations that are arising for Daniel and will arise and his family arent all that, he is gonna change, its gonna effect him - how can it not........ i think we can see how his character can be, and where the change is coming from and will come from

With Jack, we almost see Emily genuine emotions come out, its the way she reacts, those eyes and her subtleness to it, they are bonded together, its amazing that Jack had to fall for this woman, who he doesnt even know is his Amanda..... but is, like he says its how he feels when he around, remember that confession on the pier.... those dialogues summed it up.

EmilyVCamp is an awesome as a subtle actress. Jack's just great - he's one of a kind.