Comments

• KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking good. I like the idea of the improved shooting and the way the player might lunge at the ball and that sort of thing. Will be interesting to hear more as information is given.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a surprise?
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does each Fifa actually differ these days? :)
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does each Fifa actually differ these days? :)

The differences between games often seem subtle but after a couple of hours of playing the new version I've struggled to go back to playing the previous years.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they differ. The last on admittedly was similar to the previous but I personally could feel a difference but the one befreo that (12) was massively different to 11 imo. Each to their own I suppose; some people will be able to notice the difference some won't I reckon.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can stick it where the sun don't shine. I will not be falling for EAs false promises this time around.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    They can stick it where the sun don't shine. I will not be falling for EAs false promises this time around.

I kind of feel like that too. FIFA 13 online is one of the most infuriating games I've ever played, and its seriously put me off buying 14.

I can feel my interest being perked a little bit though by the news release. Even so I know it will deffo not be a release day purchase if I do get lured in, for the first time since FIFA09. I think I'll just wait and see what the reaction is to it.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stuck with Pro Evolution Soccer through thick and thin for the past few years.
    Bought FIFA 12 for a fiver recently as I fancied playing a league with my team.

I still prefer PES, despite the lack of teams and licences.
    Mainly due to the fact it feels like the ball is being thumped, rather than prodded about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for it, every year i say they can't make a better fifa and they do, from 10 till now there hasn't been a bad one

One thing that pisses me off though every time i fifa article appears on the main site or a thread on the forums, you also have the people complaining fifa is the same each year, or they wish fifa would only be released every 2-3 years,

here's a few ideas, if you don't like fifa, don't go where fifa is being discussed, you want a new one every few years? then how about you just buy it every few years

(sorry had to vent :mad:)
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I can't wait for it, every year i say they can't make a better fifa and they do, from 10 till now there hasn't been a bad one

One thing that pisses me off though every time i fifa article appears on the main site or a thread on the forums, you also have the people complaining fifa is the same each year, or they wish fifa would only be released every 2-3 years,

here's a few ideas, if you don't like fifa, don't go where fifa is being discussed, you want a new one every few years? then how about you just buy it every few years

(sorry had to vent :mad:)

Sorry, I didn't realise that all forums have to be positive and to your liking, have you ever heard about constructive criticism?

People are annoyed that there is a new Fifa every year and that the devs don't fix the bugs in the current game.

I bet the commentary is the same as the last two years and they still use the same stadiums in the lower leagues for the fifth year running.

The PC & VITA game has had next to zero support and they will no doubt churn out another saying "hey buy this, we have learned from our last mistakes"

Vent over part 2 :D
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be buying FIFA games ever again .The EA online experience is the worst I've ever had in gaming .Absolute drivel.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to support the worst video games company in existence, that is your prerogative.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I still prefer PES, despite the lack of teams and licences.

I bought Pro Evo a few years ago on the PS3 - piece of p1ss getting a hold of a patch to change all of the team names and kits to proper ones. Even put team-specific chant packs in there as well.

Fifa, I'll try the demo, but if it's anything like last year's or the year before it then I doubt I'll bother. Loved Fifa 09, Fifa 10 and to a slightly lesser extent Fifa 11, but Fifa 12's defensive cover system just didn't agree with me at all. Personally, the game became more of a chore to play than being fun.

Pro Evo - I don't know. Even with the Champions League and Europa League licences, the game always seems so soulless to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't realise that all forums have to be positive and to your liking, have you ever heard about constructive criticism?

that's not what i'm saying

of course everyone can have on opinion and i will always support that but if you don't like fifa or have no intention whatsoever of buying fifa, then why comment on it

(stupid example time) it's like if you don't like Italian food, would you feel the need to go in to an Italian restaurant and tell everyone there of yourself dislike for the food? no you wouldn't, so why online do people need to give their opinion on something they don't like, when really it isn't needed

A comment from John Doe on a fifa 14 article/thread showing his dislike for the fifa franchise adds nothing to the discussion
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »

i agree,i'm not buying this version.

the connection was so bad on fifa 13 online i vowed never to buy another fifa game again.

so many bugs,glitches & game breakers that i'm not falling for it again
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    A new FIFA? Who'd have thunk it?! I think I'll go for PES this time round, FIFA was too glitchy & the online was so laggy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think FIFA is pretty decent. Its presentation wins it for me.

PES 2013 was trash. They took a wrong turn I think.

Some of the proposed changes sound good, and covers exactly what I hated. All those cheap, cheap goals scored in exactly the same way every time I played online.

Having them play lob city and exploiting the loose defending and getting easy open shots.

Works both ways of course, but nice to see they're tightening it up.

If only MS would announce their bloody console so we can have publishers announcing games for next-gen and not just saying 'other/more platforms to be announced'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get what people are saying about the online, i've played 5 games on ultimate team today, 4 of them have been great but 1 was so horrendous that i considered quitting and losing my coin bonus (luckily i didn't and i won 4-2)

I buy it for couch 2 players and career mode so even if it was as broken as a WWE game online, it probably won't stop me buying, but there is no denying when the online is bad it's one of the worst out there
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope WC 2014 gets a seperate release this time round (rather than the broken Euro2012 DLC) and that its from the same development team who made WC2010.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only wish is that Ramsay Doyle is taken off the referees list.

Him and his love of red card's have killed me in many a game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    My only wish is that Ramsay Doyle is taken off the referees list.

Him and his love of red card's have killed me in many a game.
    What are people's thoughts on refs and linespersons?

For example, especially with offisde, as it is worked out computationally there is no factor of human error. You could be 0.001mm offside and still get caught - but in reality no human would get that call unless they're guessing.

Would you like to see officials making errors like real life or would that just annoy?
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    I bought Pro Evo a few years ago on the PS3 - piece of p1ss getting a hold of a patch to change all of the team names and kits to proper ones. Even put team-specific chant packs in there as well.

Fifa, I'll try the demo, but if it's anything like last year's or the year before it then I doubt I'll bother. Loved Fifa 09, Fifa 10 and to a slightly lesser extent Fifa 11, but Fifa 12's defensive cover system just didn't agree with me at all. Personally, the game became more of a chore to play than being fun.

Pro Evo - I don't know. Even with the Champions League and Europa League licences, the game always seems so soulless to me.

I know about patches, but the actual amount of teams cannot be changed or modes. I.e lower leagues etc. ?
    I find the shooting in particular unsatisfactory on Fifa
    Banging in a shot from 30 yards is a better feeling on PES.

When I do play PES I just change the premier names. As I cannot bear playing against North London or Midlands blues. Or whatever daft names are there.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »

People are annoyed that there is a new Fifa every year and that the devs don't fix the bugs in the current game.

I bet the commentary is the same as the last two years and they still use the same stadiums in the lower leagues for the fifth year running.

The PC & VITA game has had next to zero support and they will no doubt churn out another saying "hey buy this, we have learned from our last mistakes"

Vent over part 2 :D

As they use over 20,000 samples for the commentary, I don't think it's plausible for them to re-do the commentary every couple of iterations. They add new phrases to the commentary every iteration though.

The stadiums are time consuming to create as they need to goto each stadium to take lots of photos then model and render it.

I guess that they could put more resources into this area of the game, but as the next generation Fifa is near they probably need to re-model the stadiums again from scratch for the new graphics engine so adding many stadiums doesn't seem worth it.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on refs and linespersons?

For example, especially with offisde, as it is worked out computationally there is no factor of human error. You could be 0.001mm offside and still get caught - but in reality no human would get that call unless they're guessing.

Would you like to see officials making errors like real life or would that just annoy?

It would be impossible to do it randomly and people complain enough about momentum/scripting, which we all know exists but EA deny (and ban if you mention it on their forums)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be impossible to do it randomly and people complain enough about momentum/scripting, which we all know exists but EA deny (and ban if you mention it on their forums)
    How would it be impossible?

if player is within x meters of offside position (be it on or offside) call random 1 in 100 (as an example) number function if that random equals one, execute the dodgy offside call or no offside if player is offside.