Resident Evil 6

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
[news]Read Digital Spy's review of Resident Evil 6[/news]

Am I right in saying that this will be one huge campaign with the 3 different characters stories all overlappting, or is it 3 different campaigns?

Comments

• dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 different campagins but in each campaign you will meet the other characters
  • mach2001mach2001 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I am quite looking forward to this one, I thought 5 was a bit of a let down i didn't really like the settings it should me more dark and mysterious and obviously a bit scarey if possible, where are people pre-oredering this from i'm not sure where to get this from yet what with all the offers of DLC maps?.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    mach2001 wrote: »
    I am quite looking forward to this one, I thought 5 was a bit of a let down i didn't really like the settings it should me more dark and mysterious and obviously a bit scarey if possible, where are people pre-oredering this from i'm not sure where to get this from yet what with all the offers of DLC maps?.

I'm gonna order mine from Amazon. You get the steel case and the extra mercenaries map for the basically the same price as the regular edition and I've looked round and all maps seem to be on the same. I would normally order it from HMV as they always come 2 days before official release, but it doesn't mentioned any maps...so Amazon for now.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    If single player is like RE4 then I may buy it, however if it's co-op mode then I won't. Really don't like computer controlled team mates getting in the way.
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    If single player is like RE4 then I may buy it, however if it's co-op mode then I won't. Really don't like computer controlled team mates getting in the way.

I did enjoy Resi 5, but I 100% agree that having another person there does kinda ruin it. I felt safer with her a lot of the time because A lot of the time she would help. I want to be isolated etc because it makes it more scary.

It's great for when you want to player 2 player ,but they should make that a separate mode. To be honest I haven't seen many of the videos of the new one, but the one I did see a 2nd character by the side, so in some ways I think it'll be similar unfo0rtunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I'm gonna order mine from Amazon. You get the steel case and the extra mercenaries map for the basically the same price as the regular edition

Thanks for the heads up on that, just cancelled my regular edition and ordered the steelbook :D The steelbook version looks much better, although pretty much anything looks better than the bland box art that they're currently using for the regular edition...surely that can't be the final art?
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on that, just cancelled my regular edition and ordered the steelbook :D The steelbook version looks much better, although pretty much anything looks better than the bland box art that they're currently using for the regular edition...surely that can't be the final art?

Your welcome :). Lol yeah I reckon that regular edition work art is probably temporary, I hope so anyway as it's kinda bland.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demo is on Xbox marketplace, downloading now, will give my opinion soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demo lets you have a go at all 3 versions which is pretty good for a demo. I just played Leon as I don't want to spoil the game if I do get it.

First up I was expecting something very different from RE5 when in fact the gameplay really is quite similar. The camera is a bit to close to Leon for my liking, his running animation seems weird looking and rotating the camera seems jumpy. You can give your partner commands but they seemed to have no affect, I told my partner to stay behind a few times while I tried to take on a few zombies solo, but as soon as I aimed at one she would come running to assist. Maybe this will be fixed in the full game.

Its hard to tell from a small demo how the full game will be but I have to say its looking more promising than I was expecting. Im still in two minds to preordering it. as a rule I don't preorder any games anymore, but I'm a huge RESI fan from the PS1 days. It can be bought from Sainsburys preorder for £31.99 and that is the steelbook edition too.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to fight that zombie giraffe on the logo.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Is the PS3 demo tomorrow? Haven't followed this game much since it was initially announced so not to spoil it, so looking forward to trying the demo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK i have to add this, I was doing some reading on it, and I read that Chris's story plays like COD, surely not I thought. So I loaded it up and sure enough it is different than Leon, while Leon is certainly like Resi 5, Chris is more Gears of War than cod. Not a bad thing necessarily. But it does have a different feel to Leon's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just played the last part and sadly its a mix of both Leon and Chris. Its seems Leon is the only campaign I would enjoy, Chris the least, I wont be getting this pre orderer, I will be waiting for bargain bucket price. What a disappointment.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Demo has single handedly essentially guarenteed that I won't be picking this up until it's under the £20 mark, if at all.

Loaded it up and jumped straight into the Leon portion, loved the atmopshere that was built up the location, in fact I don't have too many complaints about this section, it was easily the most enjoyable and least frustrating out of the three.
    Minor niggle is the fact that the game uses the type of system where an enemy cannot be interacted with until you walk past them, then they suddenly spring to life. Terrible gameplay mechanic and makes the game feel even more linear than it already is.

The Chris section is what killed any anticipation I had left. Horrible controls, terrible cover system and a really bad camera made it very frustrating to do the simplest of things. I liked the setting, but as someone already pointed out, it felt more like a COD/Gears hybrid and it just doesn't work.

The Jake portion was essentially the same as the Chris one, frustrating and not very well made.

Shame as I was really looking forward to this, it is not often a demo can dissuade me from getting a game but this one has succeeded I reckon. Unless I am missing something and this is a demo taken from an older build that has been tweaked, this is definitely a disappointment.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted by the comments here. People don't seem to like it.

Is it worse than RE5?
  • geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Is the PS3 demo tomorrow? Haven't followed this game much since it was initially announced so not to spoil it, so looking forward to trying the demo

You can download it right now:D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    I'm gutted by the comments here. People don't seem to like it.

Is it worse than RE5?

Yes from what I played but I thought RE5 was a super game though. It lacks the feel and tight controls of RE4/5 which I think is a mistake. I understand the series has to progress but it feels more Lost Planet than RE in terms of the shooting mechanics.

I'm d/l the new demo now, hopefully they fixed that abysmal screen tear issue in the first build.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say from that limited time I played it that it certainly controls worse than Resi 5.
    Everything just felt too loose, the camera and the aiming mechanics were floaty and all over the place. When you started to run the camera would be far too low and close to the character to actually see anything and you ended up randomly vaulting over things.
    Forum Member
    Completely different demo to the first one. I played Chris ad Leon's campaigns. Good news is the tearing is completely gone on 360, even in 1080p but the graphics have this dull, grainy look about them with none of the crystal clarity of RE5.

I really did not enjoy the Chris campaign, the controls were bad, the camera is too close to the character, the cover system was diabolical and it felt so incredibly outdated and clunky. The Leon campaign was fun, but nothing exceptional.

Not sure about this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got finished with the demo and it pretty much controls the same as resi 5, but with a much better inventory system genuinly not sure why people are saying it is worse

Every scenario played good and i can't wait for the full game so i can experience them all as well as Ada's story

It's definatly more of an action game than a horror game, but the horror boat sailed with the 4th so i'm not sure why anyone would expect it to a horror game at all
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Just got finished with the demo and it pretty much controls the same as resi 5, but with a much better inventory system genuinly not sure why people are saying it is worse

It doesn't control anything like Resi 5. The camera is completely different as it's not locked behind the character and you now move on a full 360° axis which is a bad idea when games like RE5 and Gears of War use a much better locked camera/control system suited to 3rd person shooter/cover mechanics.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Controls pfffttt... that's not even a major issue, the damn game is a third person shooter with next to zero survival horror, shitty controls I could live with, a lack of any semblance of Resi Evil's gone by is totally unacceptable.

I'm not pre-ordering, buying day one or after a week or month, not buying after a year or when the price is cheap, wouldn't download it free from PSN+
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Controls pfffttt... that's not even a major issue, the damn game is a third person shooter with next to zero survival horror, shitty controls I could live with, a lack of any semblance of Resi Evil's gone by is totally unacceptable.

I'm not pre-ordering, buying day one or after a week or month, not buying after a year or when the price is cheap, wouldn't download it free from PSN+

Resident Evil hasn't been about survival horror since Resi 4, that was in 2005, infact the last one that was truely survival horror was Code veronica in the year 2000

that's a huge about of time for people to get over the fact its not a horror game anymore, just a quick look at the sales number will tell Capcom that making it an action was the best choice they could make

Oh and please don't misunderstand i love the first three games but i've come to terms with the facts the it has changed
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Im a big fan of Resident Evil loved all the

PS trilogy
    Code veronica
    Gamecube eras

and still do to this day

I do agree that if they never changed then RE would not be here today well at least not with the huge budget that these games do have

RE:Zero was the last 1st Gen style of RE that was released and all reviews admitted that the franchise was just not doing it anymore and was getting stale gameplay wise although I still loved REmake and Zero
    I can see how a wider audience would begin to get fed up
    the sales of RE4 show that.

RE5 went to far from the horror roots IMO hopfully this one reins it back in and gives it abit of both which is kinda what there doing IMO.

I played the first demo and found it kinda weird
    but I played this one today and loved it.

The controls are different but maybe it just takes getting used to thats all but I still had a blast and cannot wait to see what the full game has in store

the leon section does look very cool in its setting

the three playable levels here were much better than the last demo and I didt see any problems

Its looking alot more promising than Resi 5

also so glad you can turn of the white counter that tells you were to go thats in the middle of the screen its annoying

BRING ON OCTOBER 2nd:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Resident Evil hasn't been about survival horror since Resi 4, that was in 2005, infact the last one that was truely survival horror was Code veronica in the year 2000

that's a huge about of time for people to get over the fact its not a horror game anymore, just a quick look at the sales number will tell Capcom that making it an action was the best choice they could make

Oh and please don't misunderstand i love the first three games but i've come to terms with the facts the it has changed

To me it doesn't matter what genre it is, this game is just mediocre. Chris level is just an extremely poor version of Gears of War. Personally I don't really care about the genre, a good game is a good game but this isn't. If Capcom are moving on that is fine but if they move onto something as poor as this effort then they will feel it with sales. This game will flop. I cant think of another game where the character takes up so much of the screen.