Most Ignorant/Stupid comment made about Music you've ever heard?

jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was treated to this little gem on the bus home from College today by two 13/14 year old girls:

"Like, what's the big deal about The Beatles, they are no where near as good looking as One Direction and their music is a lot worse"

Comments

• SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people claim to have a deverse taste in music and then goto back it up with a statement like...
    'I listen to everything from Katy Perry to Nickelback'.
    Ah so you listen to chart music, fine.
  • LED93LED93 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams is a music legend.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    jamesisace wrote: »
    I was treated to this little gem on the bus home from College today by two 13/14 year old girls:

"Like, what's the big deal about The Beatles, they are no where near as good looking as One Direction and their music is a lot worse"

What a totally ignorant comment!:eek:

They need to buy a Beatles album and listen to it then they would find out!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    "I wish Little Mix were better looking, I might like their music more" -.-
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    "I promise to give you the album of the decade" - Said by Lady Gaga... but actually achieved by ADELE.
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people claim to have a deverse taste in music and then goto back it up with a statement like...

Also..

'Prehaps if Adele chased something faster moving than Pavements, she wouldn't be so fat'.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm currently obsessed with a not widely-known electronica duo called Future Perfect. Last October I was introducing them to my friends and one girl said their music was rubbish and she said they were rubbish because they weren't famous and that if they were more famous then their music would be better. I got a bit annoyed with her for thinking that an artist has to be famous to be good. She was a bit of an airhead who idolised Kim Kardashian :rolleyes: I haven't seen much of the girl since. What a stupid statement! Just because a band isn't famous doesn't mean they're crap. In fact they're probably better than a lot of mainstream acts.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a totally ignorant comment!:eek:

They need to buy a Beatles album and listen to it then they would find out!

Comments exactly like this, assuming that just because you like something then other people should as well.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember it word for word but a member on here a long time ago once said Cheryl Cole is a lot better and talented than Annie Lennox. Like seriously? That's like saying Paris Hilton is more talented and a better actress than Meryl Streep.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Comments exactly like this, assuming that just because you like something then other people should as well.

I have to agree i for one have never nor will i ever like The Beatles or see the fuss in them doesn't make me stupid or ignorant but its like musical blasphemy :p
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    "I promise to give you the album of the decade" - Said by Lady Gaga... but actually achieved by ADELE.

Adele? Really??

There are alot better than 19 or 21
  • Paul_FordPaul_Ford Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I have to agree i for one have never nor will i ever like The Beatles or see the fuss in them doesn't make me stupid or ignorant but its like musical blasphemy :p

Having a comment about a preference is not stupid, although to be fair there may be a degree of ignorance involved when people dismiss things of which they know nothing.

I have never liked that very popular mob The Rolling Stones, their music leaves me cold, but my dislike of their music does not affect my intelligence.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And its companion comment:

"I love proper rock music like Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers..."
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with not liking The Beatles HM. We can't all like the same things. If anyone asks me about them I'll just say something like "Oh yeah I've heard a couple of their songs, but don't listen to them much..."
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also..

'Prehaps if Adele chased something faster moving than Pavements, she wouldn't be so fat'.

That is actually very funny, to be honest :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsam93 wrote: »
    That is actually very funny, to be honest :D

Yeah deffo, making fun of someone's weight is totes amazeballs isn't it.:rolleyes:
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew as soon as I saw this thread it would be full of people praising The Beatles and thinking anyone popular now is automatically a terrible singer :rolleyes: We're not in the 60s anymore people.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Adele? Really??

There are alot better than 19 or 21

She can't even count :eek:
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose it can be classed as ignorant but I hate it when you ask people what music they like and they say 'oh, a bit of everything' like 'I'm a global child and I'd never be as closed-minded as to categorise the rhythms of life that I listen to and someone as pedestrian as you could never hope to understand.'

Music just isn't important to people now, they all waft around in their jesus creepers thinking about world politics and listening to regurgitated arse-waft that a lonely Peruvian goat herd made with a bucket and a stick and acting like they are in the 70s, well you're not in the 70s so wake the f-ck up and get f-ckin ANGRY about something :mad:

oh and ps - why bring children into this world when you can't fail to notice how horrible it is?!?!?
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

No,not at all!

Just that it's a good idea to listen to bands or artists before dissmissing them like a lot of people do.
  • adam2904adam2904 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    'The Beatles were good'
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    This thread is class :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Lana Del Rey is famous for having big lips than for having good music.

- Some imbecile from the Times.
  • StephenmarraStephenmarra Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a thread on here entitled Britney Spears crowned greatest solo artist of all time! has got to be pretty close to it.:eek:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Walsh claiming Simply Red did the original If You Don't Know Me By Now and that bloke from Fame Academy saying Soft Cell did the original Tainted Love. How, I know their versions are probably better known these days but these are two men who have been in the music industry for 40 years each so absolutely no excuse.
This discussion has been closed.