I think Patrick deserved to go and Max to stay.

2»

Comments

• thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    Patrick was lucky, but Max should have gone. Came across as arrogant and to sell only £14, even on the market stall was always going to count against him. Patrick is on the brink at the moment.

After one episode:

Contenders

Maria (Did well and came up with legitimate points, would like to see her lead)
    Andrew (Sold well at the car boot sale - solid start)
    Steven (Outsold all the other boys 2:1 I think and made points to Patrick without coming across as a dick, unlike David)
    Sean (Articulate and well-mannered, sold well)

Outsiders

David (Needs to stop being critical of the PM's every move and the sexist comments won't help, but did well otherwise)
    Amy (Scariest candidate, but did well to sell to the guy with the girlfriend)
    Ashleigh (Did alright, was good at the prudent spending, but spent selling day ready to scapegoat the supermarket team, room for improvement)

Unlikely Candidates

Patrick (Needs a few weeks under the radar, didn't do very well, lucky to survive)
    Lucy (Not a good seller, ignored PM's advice, was defensive, lucky she was on the winning team)

Unknowns

Alice (Didn't do much, most wouldn't have noticed her)
    Navdeep (More negative than positive, but mainly toneless, barely noticed her)

Seems as though the best performers in each team (Maria and Steven) switch teams next week, so it will be interesting.

The adult equivalents of Amy tend to do better than that - if she has a good idea too she might make the last rounds. He's noticed Ashleigh in programme one and made some very favourable comments (for him) -the few people he's noted that early for getting the igures right also tend to do well?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    If the edit is anything to go by L A made the right decision. Patrick at least made some decisions, was clearly proactive and very creative. Max is intelligent apparently though this wasn't particularly apparent and the fear in his eyes when he might have to talk to the public was too off putting.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max reminds me of a young Boris Johnson.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldve liked to have seen a bit more of Max, looks like we had 3 of the main characters up in the first episode which is a shame.
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »
    Max reminds me of a young Boris Johnson.

without any personality
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The adult equivalents of Amy tend to do better than that - if she has a good idea too she might make the last rounds. He's noticed Ashleigh in programme one and made some very favourable comments (for him) -the few people he's noted that early for getting the igures right also tend to do well?

Haha, you'd think I'd written a piece slagging them both off! :rolleyes:

I do think they both have potential and I do like Amy based on her first episode. However, I thought that she did make mistakes apart from that (the washer-drier fiasco for example) and she can do better. Would not surprise me at all to see her reach the latter stages.

As for Ashleigh, Yes she did well on the figures, but I thought she came across as being a bit arrogant and on Day 2, she was clearly ready to scapegoat the sub-team at a moment's notice. But perhaps, I'm being overly-harsh.

I wasn't particularly criticising either of them, but just saying they had potential and it was my intention for Outsiders to be a good thing rather than a bad one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Max seemed like a very intelligent guy, someone you would definitely want in your pub quiz team but he was never going to win this competition. To be Lord Sugars apprentice you need to be clever as well as be able to work and communicate with people - a key skill Max was lacking. A lot of the time when he was talking to someone he would mumble and look to the floor - he may be a shy lad and that's fine but this makes him a weak candidate for the apprentice in my opinion.

Also I cant remember his name...Patrick?? What was he thinking creating a swimsuit dress thing??
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugar was correct: he sacked Max not because he was the most culpable in losing the task but because - of those who were the most culpable - he had the least potential...in terms of what he's ultimately looking for...