Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 10)

Comments

• hypergreenfroghypergreenfrog Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I know two women in their 20s who had IVF so it's not just people in their 30s who have trouble conceiving.

That's true, I know some myself. I may have phrased it wrong, I just meant that apart from all the frequently discussed issues regarding soap pregnancies, it's actually a little inconsiderate to people having trouble conceiving a child. I didn't mean only women in their 30s and 40s.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I think Cain is a terrible hubby so it's not that plot devicey, Debbie has disappeared and isn't talking to him so he's gone into bottle it up mode. It was just bad that Moira kissed Pete back is all.

Pete hasn't grown up looking at Moira as family though, he hasn't even seen her since they were too young to remember. It is still a little icky since he has been calling her Auntie Moira and I'm as peeved as the next person about all the infidelity. They have somehow managed to make every couple adulterous. I never would have thought it possible.

Well not every couple, there is still Jimmy and Nicola. But it its still ridiculous, Kate Oates as had almost every couple on the show have some form of infidelity, that is quite an accomplishment. I really enjoyed the stuff she has done on the the show but the past 6 months she's completely lost it and the Pete/Moira stuff trumps anything Blackburn has done on either show, even he has enough sense not to go the incest route.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well not every couple, there is still Jimmy and Nicola. But it its still ridiculous, Kate Oates as had almost every couple on the show have some form of infidelity, that is quite an accomplishment. I really enjoyed the stuff she has done on the the show but the past 6 months she's completely lost it and the Pete/Moira stuff trumps anything Blackburn has done on either show, even he has enough sense not to go the incest route.

I take it you missed the Maisie Wylde and Ryan storyline from Gavin Blythe days? :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it you missed the Maisie Wylde and Ryan storyline? :blush:

Oh I watched that, but they didn't know they were related. Pete call Moira "Auntie Moira" so he knows full well she is a relative and that makes this story inexcusable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I watched that, but they didn't know they were related. Pete call Moira "Auntie Moira" so he knows full well she is a relative and that makes this story inexcusable.

Okay, I see.:)

It is really rather disgusting the more I think on it. At least it should be over now since Cain finds out.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true, I know some myself. I may have phrased it wrong, I just meant that apart from all the frequently discussed issues regarding soap pregnancies, it's actually a little inconsiderate to people having trouble conceiving a child. I didn't mean only women in their 30s and 40s.
    I think it's more inconsiderate towards the human race in general, since we are constantly being led to believe that not only are most characters of both sexes cheating scumbags, they also have apparently never heard of contraception, even when they're cheating. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I see.:)

It is really rather disgusting the more I think on it. At least it should be over now since Cain finds out.

Well on the Emmerdale Facebook page they were asking should Moira choose Cain or Pete which makes me think this isn't over>:(
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I love Vanessa so personally I hope not. Michelle Hardwick did a good job with the post-natal depression and actually through that I've warmed to the idea of her and Kirin, having not been a fan previously. I actually think the baby plot, because it's always been bubbling away as a side plot, has worked really well. The tension of knowing Adam would be crushed when he found out the truth and that it would impact upon a fair few characters really drew me in. I wonder if this will lead him to pressurising Victoria to have a child with him.

I went off Vanessa a bit for how she treated Adam over Johnny. First when preganat she instructed him to stay away from her baby, although she eventually relented. Then when he returned Johnny to her she had no sympathy for Adam not being Johnny's dad after all. For about 6 weeks I did not watch ED at all. However, as I like Michelle despite Emmerdale I have been watching her recent scenes, and Tess's too, as well as some relevant to their storylines.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis Of Emmerdale character (read this in a bored disinterested tone)

Boring episode, to Analysis Central being boring is a far far worse crime than being bad, indeed it was almost as boring as Stargazing live which sent me to sleep

1) Pete - When the most exciting thing about the episode is Pete smashing windows to stupidly get arrested by police and go jail just to get away from the supposed terrible wrath of Cain shows how bad things are.

What is all about anyway, has Pete Actor left the show and why choose prison to get away anyway, has he never heard of cars buses going to other places, surely not a choice between Cain and prison.

2) Moira - Kwynne appreciates honesty but what did she expect to happen and would it not be better not to do those things in the first place?

3) Cain acting the hard man again but why did he petrify Pete so much

4) Finn does any one listen to him and his advice?

5) The Dingle dog is fine which is the only non boring thing about the episode

6) Lisa - there was some boring stuff in a bar with some boring farmer, some boring dancing and some ill health

7) The was also something about Jimmy and nicola but I'm bored writing about the episode so I will stop now.

In the sea of apathy Kwynne will attempt to enliven things up

Ways how to destroy Emmerdale

Part 1) - Terrorists poison the water supply of the village and everybody dies.

Part 2) - An explosion has happened at a nearby Chemical plant a toxic cloud of gas kills the whole vllage

Part 3) - A massive sinkhole opens up under the village and everyone is swallowed by the earth and never scene again

Part 4) - Methane gas from the underground mine workings seep up and suffocate everyone in their sleep

Part 5) - The Methane gas explodes under the village destroying it utterly

Part 6) - The government transport a nuclear missile through the village unfortunately their is an accident and the village and all its surrounding is vapourized in an explosion

Part 7) God is shocked by the goings on in the village and sends a flood which swallows to whole world as punishment, the only survivor is baby moses.

Part 8) Smallpox breaks out and kills everyone in the village.

Part 9) Zombie Cameron rises from the dead and bites everyone so their is a Zombie apocalypse .

Part 10)) The police raid the village and arrest everyone who has ever commited a crime, by the time they leave their is no one left in the village.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well on the Emmerdale Facebook page they were asking should Moira choose Cain or Pete which makes me think this isn't over>:(

Lets hope Pete stays in prison for a long long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Analysis Of Emmerdale character (read this in a bored disinterested tone)

Ways how to destroy Emmerdale

Part 1) - Terrorists poison the water supply of the village and everybody dies.

Part 2) - An explosion has happened at a nearby Chemical plant a toxic cloud of gas kills the whole vllage

Part 3) - A massive sinkhole opens up under the village and everyone is swallowed by the earth and never scene again

Part 4) - Methane gas from the underground mine workings seep up and suffocate everyone in their sleep

Part 5) - The Methane gas explodes under the village destroying it utterly

Part 6) - The government transport a nuclear missile through the village unfortunately their is an accident and the village and all its surrounding is vapourized in an explosion

Part 7) God is shocked by the goings on in the village and sends a flood which swallows to whole world as punishment, the only survivor is baby moses.

Part 8) Smallpox breaks out and kills everyone in the village.

Part 9) Zombie Cameron rises from the dead and bites everyone so their is a Zombie apocalypse .

Part 10)) The police raid the village and arrest everyone who has ever commited a crime, by the time they leave their is no one left in the village.

Be careful with these, you might be giving Kate Oates story ideas for Corrie's next big disaster. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be careful with these, you might be giving Kate Oates story ideas for Corrie's next big disaster. :D

Any one of those would delight the Corrie Episode threads.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too late now (thank heavens) for any more new ideas from Ms Oates, but the way things have been going, I'm hoping the new EP takes some of these ideas on board and acts on them. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Too late now (thank heavens) for any more new ideas from Ms Oates, but the way things have been going, I'm hoping the new EP takes some of these ideas on board and acts on them. :D

Its too late for Emmerdale, but not for Corrie. You know I was excited about her going to Corrie but now I'm actually worried, she has completely lost it with this Pete/Moira thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its too late for Emmerdale, but not for Corrie. You know I was excited about her going to Corrie but now I'm actually worried, she has completely lost it with this Pete/Moira thing.

The moment Kate Oates lost it was when she started ripping of Horror Movies with Charity and Declan in their cabin in the woods, She was perfectly fine with her storylines until then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moment Kate Oates lost it was when she started ripping of Horror Movies with Charity and Declan in their cabin in the woods, She was perfectly fine with her storylines until then.

You think so? I enjoyed that story. Declan hitting Charity with the mallet was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen on TV. I think Kate Oates lost it this summer with the let down of the disaster and the "Summer of Seduction" or whatever the hell they were calling it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think so? I enjoyed that story. Declan hitting Charity with the mallet was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen on TV. I think Kate Oates lost it this summer with the let down of the disaster and the "Summer of Seduction" or whatever the hell they were calling it.

It was the start of the slide
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was the last time I thoroughy enjoyed Emmerdale, but I agree, the moment they killed Robbie was where the quality began to slide. A few stories were good at the start of 2015 but it's been terrible for most of the year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the start of the slide

I gotta disagree, there was still great stuff ahead after that point like Ross/Donna, Laurel's alcoholism, Aaron's return and the initial RobRon stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta disagree, there was still great stuff ahead after that point like Ross/Donna, Laurel's alcoholism, Aaron's return and the initial RobRon stuff.

Ross/Donna, Alicia's sexual assault and Laurel's alcoholism were the only highlights for me and they were only a few bright sparks between all the rubbish Dingle mess.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lock up your animals everyone...
    Loopy's driving ban gets lifted next week. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

Die Aaron die

1) Aaron disgusting creature, the most hateful character in all of Soap, Analysis boss won't let me say my true feelings about him but he is on Kwynne's death list now twice which is a first not even Viv or Val managed that

Die Aaron die.

2) Chrissie - she was very nice to Diane and firm with Kerry obviously she is a nice person and we even found out a bit of her backstory

Die Aaron die

3) Diane doesn't blame Chriis for Val, well not much, hair falling out so was grateful for Chrissie

Die aaron Die

4) Belle - got caught out by her parents over lying about hearing voices to get her parents back together, too be fair it was Zak going on about it that gave her the idea in the first place

Meanwhile Kate Oates shamefully missed a trick with her ripping of films thing, she could of ripped of One Flew OVer the Cuckoo's nest by having Belle wrongly section and then trying endless ways to get out of the Mental ward while an evil nurse menaces the patients, that would have been good.

Die Aaron die

5) Lisa and Zak - acting like proper caring parents for the first time in ages but there was no way Lisa was going to fogive Zak

Die Aaron Die

6) The Bumbling idiot doesn't deserve Rhona and Kwynne hopes Tess terrorizes him.

Die Aaron die

7) Rhona not likely to adopt unless she dumps the idiot.

Die Aaron die

8) Kerry - was rumbled by Chrissie for her malingering.

Die Aaron Die

9) Bland Brenda - Zak was very rude to her, serves her right for her nosiness

Die Aaron Die.

10) Kirin and Vanessa exactly when did they get back together as a couple

Die Aaron die

11) Robert was nice to people this episode will wonder never cease

Die Aaron Die

12) Social worker seems very stupid

Die Aaron Die

13) Jimmy and Nicola and Jimmy's many kids finally began to gel

Die Aaron Die

14) Rodney is going away didn't he only just come back?

Die Aaron die

Aaron is played by the worst most wooden actor in the world yes than Sean in Corrie and more wooden than Corrie's Robert how hasn't actor been axed, as it is Hollyoaks would turn him down for being too rubbish.

Ways how to Kill Aaron

101 Kwynne reaches into the TV and drops an Anvil on his head

102 Aaron is struck by lighting because the gods are angry with hin

103) Terrorists have laced Aarons tearstick with Cyanide and he dies

104 Terrorists kill everyone in Emmerdale with Beards so that includes Aaron and every lad under 35

105 Aaron is killed by a stampede of cows

106 Aaron is kicked in the head by an escaped Kangeroo and he takes 6 months to die

107) A pack of giant rats the Daily star is so fond of attackes Aaron and eats him

108) Aaron is run over by a train driven by the ghost of Jackson

109 Aaron catches a cold sneezes so had his brains come out

110 Aaron is shot by a rogue arrow fired my a man dressed as Robin Hood
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly Bulletin of the Malt Shovel

Scandal rocked the village again as it was revealed that Johnnie som of Vanessa and Adam Barton wasn't in fact Adam's at all it was Kirin's Vanessa former Boyfriend, the DNA tests were faked by Kirin's Father rakesh who disapproved of Kirin fathering Vanessa baby. The Reslut ended with Adam taking the baby away and Rakesh being reported to the authirities and Rakesh's relationship with priya Sharma ending

Scandal als rocked the Malt as Ernie Shuttleworth 60 was found in bed with his niece Marie Shuttleworth 19, this has rocked the shuttleworth Family, we will keep you updated on this matter.

A major accident t occurred on the Robblesfield road when a escaped Llama caused an accident with 6 cars a lorry and a bus, 3 people from Robbklesfield were killed but no Llama was harmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

Die Aaron die

1) Aaron disgusting creature, the most hateful character in all of Soap, Analysis boss won't let me say my true feelings about him but he is on Kwynne's death list now twice which is a first not even Viv or Val managed that

Die Aaron die.

2) Chrissie - she was very nice to Diane and firm with Kerry obviously she is a nice person and we even found out a bit of her backstory

Die Aaron die

3) Diane doesn't blame Chriis for Val, well not much, hair falling out so was grateful for Chrissie

Die aaron Die

4) Belle - got caught out by her parents over lying about hearing voices to get her parents back together, too be fair it was Zak going on about it that gave her the idea in the first place

Meanwhile Kate Oates shamefully missed a trick with her ripping of films thing, she could of ripped of One Flew OVer the Cuckoo's nest by having Belle wrongly section and then trying endless ways to get out of the Mental ward while an evil nurse menaces the patients, that would have been good.

Die Aaron die

5) Lisa and Zak - acting like proper caring parents for the first time in ages but there was no way Lisa was going to fogive Zak

Die Aaron Die

6) The Bumbling idiot doesn't deserve Rhona and Kwynne hopes Tess terrorizes him.

Die Aaron die

7) Rhona not likely to adopt unless she dumps the idiot.

Die Aaron die

8) Kerry - was rumbled by Chrissie for her malingering.

Die Aaron Die

9) Bland Brenda - Zak was very rude to her, serves her right for her nosiness

Die Aaron Die.

10) Kirin and Vanessa exactly when did they get back together as a couple

Die Aaron die

11) Robert was nice to people this episode will wonder never cease

Die Aaron Die

12) Social worker seems very stupid

Die Aaron Die

13) Jimmy and Nicola and Jimmy's many kids finally began to gel

Die Aaron Die

14) Rodney is going away didn't he only just come back?

Die Aaron die

Aaron is played by the worst most wooden actor in the world yes than Sean in Corrie and more wooden than Corrie's Robert how hasn't actor been axed, as it is Hollyoaks would turn him down for being too rubbish.

Ways how to Kill Aaron

101 Kwynne reaches into the TV and drops an Anvil on his head

102 Aaron is struck by lighting because the gods are angry with hin

103) Terrorists have laced Aarons tearstick with Cyanide and he dies

104 Terrorists kill everyone in Emmerdale with Beards so that includes Aaron and every lad under 35

105 Aaron is killed by a stampede of cows

106 Aaron is kicked in the head by an escaped Kangeroo and he takes 6 months to die

107) A pack of giant rats the Daily star is so fond of attackes Aaron and eats him

108) Aaron is run over by a train driven by the ghost of Jackson

109 Aaron catches a cold sneezes so had his brains come out

110 Aaron is shot by a rogue arrow fired my a man dressed as Robin Hood

Come on now, I thought Danny Miller was great last night. Those scenes with Aaron and Paddy were really good and it broke my heart when Aaron told Paddy "You're supposed to be my dad" I also don't get why you are calling Aaron hateful, from last night's episode I'm guessing that Gordon was cheating on his wife (maybe with a man) and Aaron knew about. So given that, it makes sense that Aaron told the social worker that Paddy and Rhonna were having marital issues, he didn't want another kid to go through what he went through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on now, I thought Danny Miller was great last night. Those scenes with Aaron and Paddy were really good and it broke my heart when Aaron told Paddy "You're supposed to be my dad" I also don't get why you are calling Aaron hateful, from last night's episode I'm guessing that Gordon was cheating on his wife (maybe with a man) and Aaron knew about. So given that, it makes sense that Aaron told the social worker that Paddy and Rhonna were having marital issues, he didn't want another kid to go through what he went through.

So much for Paddy being his dad, who needs enemies with a "son" like him.
This discussion has been closed.