Your unique "pitch for a game "

Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I had an idea of a first or 3rd person game , where you must help civilians escape from a tornado or hurricane on an island or a country .
You must escape from enemies trying to kill you in all the chaos and also deal with looters and wild dogs and other fierce animals uprooted in the disaster.
Obviously this type of game wouldn't be released right now as the typhoon in the Philippines is still claiming lives , but I think it would be a fun game to play l
Does anyone else have any other pitches for games.

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes

but i AIN'T TELLING :D
  • DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, a dungeon game that has the simple game mechanics of the classic tomb raiders, the level making creativity and physics of LittleBigPlanet, the simplicity of Minecraft and the multiplayer dynamics of Spy Vs Spy.

Create a level (3D classic TR style with the retro block building look for ease and creativity) using tools and environment as a virtual playground, traps, hazards etc. LBP like official levels for collecting tools, materials etc, with downloadable extras, story modes. Search and rating system for difficulty of level and type, like first to the exit/artefact, time trials, high score. Tactical multiplayer games, you can fix traps and stuff, do you go straight to the goal or set traps for your opponent?

Loads more ideas for this. Would only work if not catered for the shooter fans and produced a certain way, no compromise. ;)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would design a game where you have to design a game about designing a game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd design the sequel to the game about designing the sequel to a game of designing a game. :p
  • supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
    Forum Member

This would be great, if it had a map editor option too
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Game Dev Story? :D
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I'd like a game where you can genuinely be a bad guy. I know in infamous you have your karma etc. But would love to be able to de-rail trains, pull people in front of cars etc, and have fights with the good guys, wrecking entire city blocks along the way.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    How about a game where you get to torture and maim fanboys in various fun and grusome ways?

Regards

Mark
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A game where you have to start religions and get people to believe in you. Say you start off creating a god of rocks and from there you move onward and upward to build different religions in different countries.

Can you get from god of rocks to the flying spaghetti monster via ancient Egypt?

Or something...
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought why dont Activision do a playlist or a COD type of game specifically for snipers. Think that would be my pitch for a game, sniper MP only FPS
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My pitch is simple buy the game or i'll send Trevor Phillips around.

GTAV players will know who he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Heimdall (i think it's called - be familiar to many who watched GM) on the Kinect2.0. Drinking while playing mandatory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are simulators for everything these days

How about making a game based on sewing?

Sewing sim 2014
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    A game set in a school like bully but more RPG and less GTA style I even wrote a story for it about 10 years ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    There are simulators for everything these days

How about making a game based on sewing?

Sewing sim 2014

Sewing is nothing. Flower arranging is hardcore! :D
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    How about a game whereby you go from hut to hut in Africa smacking the old crones who carry out genital mutulation in the face with a big heavy frying pan? You could call it, "Keep your hands off my pussy!"

Or how about you hijack an alien hover ship armed with air-to-ground missiles and wipe all known religious buildings and structures from the face of the planet. You could call it, "Bring back Ares, I say!"

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    From the last couple of posters mayb - Ares - Extreme Spiritual Flower Arranging might be sellable.