Casanova raised £27,000 for charity after giving up sex for a YEAR

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It did make me smile when the word YEAR was emphasised as if to make out it's a big deal to go without for a year

Anyway, it appears it's had a rather profound effect on him.
Pete Lynagh accepted a $2,000 bet from Aussie pal Marty Gebert not to have any sex for 12 months as part of a New Year’s resolution.

The 33-year-old took on the no nookie ban for 2013 to raise money for a Cambodian charity that helps save young girls used in sex slavery.

Despite a few close shaves Pete - originally from Armoy, Co Antrim but now living in Melbourne, Australia - made it to the finish line with his purity intact.

Six months later and he's a changed man, sticking to one woman, raising money for other charity projects and blogging about making the most of life.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/casanova-raised-27000-charity-after-3889874

Good for him I say :)

Comments

• gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether he actually did it or not (go without I mean; it's not as if he can prove it, nor anyone else disprove it), good on him for raising all that money. I look forward to the inevitable book and film. :)
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think for most people it probably would be a big deal.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Whether he actually did it or not (go without I mean; it's not as if he can prove it, nor anyone else disprove it), good on him for raising all that money. I look forward to the inevitable book and film. :)

It probably does lend itself fairly well to a film plot.