Options

angry? new survey on the C5 website.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curses! Only just ventured into this thread, clicked the link and the survey is now closed!! Damn, why didn't I look earlier?! Still, reading through lots of the posts here it sounds like most people are echoing my thoughts anyway so thank-you to all of you who did complete the survey. We can only hope that they do take notice of what us die-hard fans really want from the show.

I'm not against change completely, of course the show can't stay the same as it was 10 years ago but this year was just too much.
    My golden rules would be:
    No contact with the outside world (not even letters from home)
    No housemates watching footage of other housemates
    Nothing from the diary room to be shown to the housemates as I feel it can sometimes make them watch what they are saying.
    No meddling with nominations (except as a punishment for discussing them)- OK I can live with one, *maybe* two weeks where there's a twist but not every bloomin' week.
    Proper punishment for discussing nominations (see above!)
    'Endurance' tasks where they are effectively doing shifts 24/7 for three days or so
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    another poster did say but cant find the link
    visit the Channel 5 website a survey pops up and thank god its one that fits right into the mood of tonight..asks why you didn't like this series (in the blanks I mentioned the live feed obviously ) but asking loads of Questions on this years "failures" its well worth filling out Frow did say he would put one up.

Loads of Questions about BOTS and the presenters also ;)

Similar to last years as it happens.

There be goblins in them there milk sheds.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Similar to last years as it happens.

There be goblins in them there milk sheds.

They gave more scope for writing this time which Is brilliant
    those pre set Questions/Answers really are hit and miss also thought more Questions on the format the show has taken which is very nice to see.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They gave more scope for writing this time which Is brilliant
    those pre set Questions/Answers really are hit and miss also thought more Questions on the format the show has taken which is very nice to see.

True. The question at the beginning about Ashleigh and Helen was to gauge the level of engagement by the viewers, and despite what some are saying on here was quite neutral.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    True. The question at the beginning about Ashleigh and Helen was to gauge the level of engagement by the viewers, and despite what some are saying on here was quite neutral.

that's been the great thing for me this series.
    when they removed the pittance of the live feed I simply didn't watch
    so its been all about the direction of the show and not the HM's personally.
    I just hope they take the lessons that need learning from this series because its not worked. Also hope they wont look for scapegoats in presenters etc and realise they just got a number of factors wrong and just stop doing the same in future.

Massive concern over the actual number of votes cast that's just shocking they need to restore the faith and passion in people voting above all else
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    that's been the great thing for me this series.
    when they removed the pittance of the live feed I simply didn't watch
    so its been all about the direction of the show and not the HM's personally.
    I just hope they take the lessons that need learning from this series because its not worked. Also hope they wont look for scapegoats in presenters etc and realise they just got a number of factors wrong and just stop doing the same in future.

Massive concern over the actual number of votes cast that's just shocking they need to restore the faith and passion in people voting above all else

what were they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Emily, thanks for the welcome. Yeah I'm in the 35+ group (only just: turned 35 mid-series). I think they forget that they've been going for 15 years, so all those early 20-somethings they were courting for the first series have all aged by a decade and a half now! I didn't lie about my age on the survey btw; I think it's best to be honest so that they can get an idea of the age range that actually does watch as opposed to the one they're trying to aim it at.

The missus ('Mentorist' on here - and considerably more + than 35!) mentioned wanting to find how to watch the Oz series earlier today; I've spotted mention of YouTube and WatchSeries.lt* (who I used last Xmas to blitz my way through the entire Breaking Bad run) in another thread, so we'll see who goes in on Mon night and how the producers handle the show, then we might start working our way through the Oz version as a bit of BB Nirvana...!

*Not a fully comprehensive collection here, but plenty to be getting on with for starters:
    http://watchseries.lt/serie/Big_Brother_Australia

EDIT: Just caught up with the rest of the posts: quite pleased to see plenty of other 35+ers.

Love that line! :kitty:

BIB Very good point, I shall be honest in any future surveys.

I've watched the last two series of BBAU and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the link to other years I'll check them out. I don't know if you listen to Couch Potatoes but Dr Detroit said they'll be covering the up-coming series and hopefully last years winner Tim will be a guest in the near future.They also provide links to each episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    emily66 wrote: »
    I've watched the last two series of BBAU and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the link to other years I'll check them out. I don't know if you listen to Couch Potatoes but Dr Detroit said they'll be covering the up-coming series and hopefully last years winner Tim will be a guest in the near future.They also provide links to each episode.

Mentorist & I watched the launch show & 2nd live show (with extra HMs) from last year's BBAU. We'll be leaving it at that though, now CBB's up and running and looking quite promising, then will possibly use the streaming resources to keep up with the new Oz series once it starts early next month (think I read the 6th).

Haven't tried CP, no. Is that a downloadable podcast or is it some live Skype thing? Unsure how it works - I'm sure I saw mention of Skype and have never used that and not sure I want to be part of some live discussion - reading a forum during a BB prog in realtime is 'live' enough for me! Ha! Just reread your post, cheers for spoiling last year's winner!!! :o Actually they ran through a load of the previous winners at the very beginning of the show, not that I could take in all the faces and names anyway. I only watched it on Monday and already have forgotten which one he was so no worries.

I've got other opinions and more detail I could go into about the Oz show but a) there's a more specific thread for that and b) I've got to dash off for footy training now anyway...
    See you around... :)