Cheryl Cole suing XF US for $2.3 million dollars.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2244953/Cheryl-Cole-suing-X-Factor-2-3million-claims-owed-fired-US-show.html

How greedy can she get? She was paid her million dollary salary for the first season even though she was fired and now she wants MORE?

Honestly, I hate that such a vacuous and selfish individual is put on such a pedestal by the media.

Comments

• Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true she's more of a primadonna than I thought. Pathetic.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Cheryl. Good on her.

It's nothing to do with greed it's to do with righting a wrong and standing up for her principles. If any of you had a million pounds owed to you, you wouldn't just write it off because you already have a healthy bank balance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    D***** wrote: »
    Well done Cheryl. Good on her.

It's nothing to do with greed it's to do with righting a wrong and standing up for her principles. If any of you had a million pounds owed to you, you wouldn't just write it off because you already have a healthy bank balance.

A bit hypocritcal that she does those Children in Need things acting like she gives a shit about the poor and needy and here she is trying to milk another few million for XF US.

She should just be happy she was paid in the first place considering she was basically SACKED for being crap. How many other people get a full year's salary when they are SACKED? None. This isn't about standing up for principles. It's about being greedy.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2244953/Cheryl-Cole-suing-X-Factor-2-3million-claims-owed-fired-US-show.html

How greedy can she get? She was paid her million dollary salary for the first season even though she was fired and now she wants MORE?

Honestly, I hate that such a vacuous and selfish individual is put on such a pedestal by the media.

if the contract she signed entitles her to a secomd year's payment the producers are obliged to pay her unless there was an agreement between both parties when she was dismissed

it is not a matter of greed, it is her entitlement.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=guffybear;62834607]if the contract she signed entitles her to a secomd year's payment the producers are obliged to pay her unless there was an agreement between both parties when she was dismissed

it is not a matter of greed, it is her entitlement.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

There were people saying she'd be a doormat for Cowell if she returned as judge to the show, yet when she stands up to him, she's a primadonna :confused:

There are already 2 threads about this in the X Factor forum, so there is really no need to start yet another one.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit hypocritcal that she does those Children in Need things acting like she gives a shit about the poor and needy and here she is trying to milk another few million for XF US.

She should just be happy she was paid in the first place considering she was basically SACKED for being crap. How many other people get a full year's salary when they are SACKED? None. This isn't about standing up for principles. It's about being greedy.

George Entwhistle did rather well

for all you know she may plan to deposit the money into her foundation rather than her back pocket

the tv producers and/or network are not exactly short of a few bob
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just don't know where to begin so I won't begin at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tulisa has been crap for the whole series of this year's XF, if anyone deserves to be sacked, she does.

Whatever your view on Cheryl, she was treated unfairly out in the US - she has every right to sue.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan but if they have breached the contract she signed then she is perfectly right to sue. It's not about the money, it's about a point of principle
    Forum Member
    guffybear wrote: »
    George Entwhistle did rather well

for all you know she may plan to deposit the money into her foundation rather than her back pocket

the tv producers and/or network are not exactly short of a few bob

Oh, the foundation that she doesn't really have involvement in but is useful for photo ops with Prince Charles?

Okay then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, the foundation that she doesn't really have involvement in but is useful for photo ops with Prince Charles?

Okay then.

How do you know how much involvement she has?:confused:
    Forum Member
    How do you know how much involvement she has?:confused:

I think its pretty obvious how much involvement she has. Everything she does is just one long publicity stunt for never ending photo-ops.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Children in Need seems a little distant now, eh? All those crocodile tears for all those 'poor bairns' :rolleyes:

She was probably thinking it was Cheryl in Need she was on. The greedy bitch, no doubt she'll sell this latest tragedy to some mag before too long too :mad:

When is this talentless person going to disappear for good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its pretty obvious how much involvement she has. Everything she does is just one long publicity stunt for never ending photo-ops.

How is it pretty obvious? Do you have cast iron proof?

Never ending photo-op? If I remember correctly, it was just the one with Prince Charles:confused:
    Forum Member
    How is it pretty obvious? Do you have cast iron proof?

Never ending photo-op? If I remember correctly, it was just the one with Prince Charles:confused:

Do you have discernible proof of her actual involvement with the foundation? Because all I ever saw/read were pictures of her posing and countless press releases of "The Cheryl Cole Foundation does this/The Cheryl Cole Foundation" does that. It is just another venture to add to her brand, it may as well be a fashion line where professional designers are the ones designing the clothes.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Wow... know what it means, that she wouldnt be back on X-Factor! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Children in Need seems a little distant now, eh? All those crocodile tears for all those 'poor bairns' :rolleyes:

She was probably thinking it was Cheryl in Need she was on. The greedy bitch, no doubt she'll sell this latest tragedy to some mag before too long too :mad:

When is this talentless person going to disappear for good?

She's just like any other celeb who associates themselves with CIN, Comic Relief, Sport Relief etc etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have discernible proof of her actual involvement with the foundation? Because all I ever saw/read were pictures of her posing and countless press releases of "The Cheryl Cole Foundation does this/The Cheryl Cole Foundation" does that. It is just another venture to add to her brand, it may as well be a fashion line where professional designers are the ones designing the clothes.

I have about as much proof as you do, I'm not claiming to know about how much involvement she has, you are the one doing that.

So the answer to my question is no then, you don't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Wow... know what it means, that she wouldnt be back on X-Factor! :D

X Factor is a sinking ship Goaty, I doubt anyone cares either way who returns or leaves.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I don't get how and why she shouldn't sue if there was a breach of contract, anyone should and would. And what does this have to do wit children in need? Is she supposed to let the x factor bosses break contracts because of CIN?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get how and why she shouldn't sue if there was a breach of contract, anyone should and would. And what does this have to do wit children in need? Is she supposed to let the x factor bosses break contracts because of CIN?

The reason the story has been posted in the showbiz thread is enough for me - it'll be another Cheryl bashing free for all. Look at the last one about her dating only black guys.

I agree with the threads about her not being able to sing, she does have weak vocals and I prefer her in Girls Aloud compared to her solo stuff. But whatever she does, will never ever be right in some people's eyes on here - some people will criticise her for everything.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But whatever she does, will never ever be right in some people's eyes on here - some people will criticise her for everything.

Sorry Julie but you need to accept this is a forum, not a fan club. You are going to read things you may not agree with and accept other people's points of view.

Personally I find Cole a very dislikable character that has been put on a pedestal for no real reason and has very little (if any) talent in any form. Her only talent seems to be making herself money :confused:
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they agreed to that contract, then they need to honour it.

They tried to scam her before. In her book she mentioned how they never explicity told her she was fired, so she wouldn't turn up for auditions because she assumed she was. They could then say she breached the contract and not pay her a penny.

Good for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Sorry Julie but you need to accept this is a forum, not a fan club. You are going to read things you may not agree with and accept other people's points of view.

Personally I find Cole a very dislikable character that has been put on a pedestal for no real reason and has very little talent in any form

That's ok 80sfan, you're quite entitled to your opinion, just like I am ;) I don't think I said that people weren't entitled to voice their opinion about her. As for the fan club comment, I'm a bit old for that :D I'm a Girls Aloud fan, not a Cheryl fanatic ;)

I don't believe any celeb belongs on a pedestal, but we do live in a world where the likes of Rylan, TOWIE and the Kardashians are seen as stars - so you really shouldn't be surprised that some people think the same of Cheryl :)
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And all the people acting like they wouldn't do the same....please take a seat and stop lying to yourselves.