Are we going to see Grant Mitchell again in Eastenders

owen10owen10 Posts: 127,850
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
The last time we saw him was at Peggys funeral. Did he do other episodes or is this the last time we are going to see him again

Comments

• soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he will be back soon for a longer stint probably a couple of weeks
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    He's returning for the Mark Jr storyline.
  • OLD MitchOLD Mitch Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    He's returning for the Mark Jr storyline.

That hasn't actually been confirmed.
    Forum Member
    OLD Mitch wrote: »
    That hasn't actually been confirmed.

Why else would he return? It's the only chance they will ever have of doing this storyline so it's either now and never.

The audience doesn't want to see another dumb Phil and Grant feud so introducing Mark Jr would give Grant something different to do.
    Forum Member
    Why else would he return? It's the only chance they will ever have of doing this storyline so it's either now and never.

The audience doesn't want to see another dumb Phil and Grant feud so introducing Mark Jr would give Grant something different to do.

True I am just saying it hasn't been confirmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you don't speak for everyone!

I don't want the grant return to be about mark fowler jnr esp given the short length of time Grant is returning for

it should remain a sacred secret and it needs michelle for proper impact.

Phil and grant are already in a feud, grant declared a war when he had his brief return and we have been given nothing to suggest it will be about anything else
    Forum Member
    True I am just saying it hasn't been confirmed.

If they do this storyline I hope they don't confirm it and make Mark Jr's appearance a surprise.

Infact it would be even better if no one knows when Grant returns until he appears on screen.
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    you don't speak for everyone!

I don't want the grant return to be about mark fowler jnr esp given the short length of time Grant is returning for

it should remain a sacred secret and it needs michelle for proper impact.

Phil and grant are already in a feud, grant declared a war when he had his brief return and we have been given nothing to suggest it will be about anything else

Well that was when DTC was in charge. Now we have SOC so maybe he will want something different.
    Also Grant connecting with the son he never knew would make better TV viewing than a 90's Mitchell feud.

We already had a 90's nostalgia moment between Grant and Sharon so I want his second stint to be something new and fresh.

I have faith in SOC to give us something good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was when DTC was in charge. Now we have SOC so maybe he will want something different.
    Also Grant connecting with the son he never knew would make better TV viewing than a 90's Mitchell feud.

We already had a 90's nostalgia moment between Grant and Sharon so I want his second stint to be something new and fresh.

I have faith in SOC to give us something good.

but the filming and storylines were in place from dtcs era.

Sock is credit from next week but it is still dtcs stories playing out

I think that sharon will be in the middle of grant and phil again
    Forum Member
    If they do this storyline I hope they don't confirm it and make Mark Jr's appearance a surprise.

Infact it would be even better if no one knows when Grant returns until he appears on screen.

Yeah Scorpio you have a point actually.
    Who would you cast as Mark Junior Fowler?
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil VS Grant 20 years ago was entertaining but come on this is 2016 and I don't want to see that storyline redone .

I'm unsure about Mark Jnr without MIchelle but if Grants entire return is a battle with Phil then you might aswell watch classic episodes on youtube because you will get the exact same thing.
    Forum Member
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    Phil VS Grant 20 years ago was entertaining but come on this is 2016 and I don't want to see that storyline redone .

I'm unsure about Mark Jnr without MIchelle but if Grants entire return is a battle with Phil then you might aswell watch classic episodes on youtube because you will get the exact same thing.

I watched that today, very entertaining.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is he's not staying long. This storyline needs time to develop and grow over several years - not be rushed in the space of a few weeks. Look at the Ben and Phil relationship; it's complex, it's interesting and always changing, because they've had time to focus on it.

Kemp keeps on saying he'd consider a perminant return - that his shows are getting harder to do the older he gets. Save this one for later if you ask me, or we'll just be saddled with yet another pretty boy with daddy issues, while Grant is nowhere to be seen.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was nice of Ross Kemp to come back for Peggy's last storyline but I'll be honest it was extremely underwhelming. I don't actually care if Grant comes back again. I'm in the minority but I was never that fussed about him or his acting and I haven't missed him. Grant is a legendary character for sure but give me Phil any day.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do not get all the fuss about this character, it wouldn't bother me if we never see him again. Phil/Steve is miles better
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    There's a chance but Ross would need new big storylines to attract him
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I really do not get all the fuss about this character, it wouldn't bother me if we never see him again. Phil/Steve is miles better

Its the age old problem of the fact Steve McFadden is taken for granted like Adam Woodyatt due to the fact they have been there so long. I think Phil Mitchell and Ian Beale (especially under Dominic Treadwell - Collins) are top characters.

Grant Mitchell pops in and out and made a big inpact in his first 10 years.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the age old problem of the fact Steve McFadden is taken for granted like Adam Woodyatt due to the fact they have been there so long. I think Phil Mitchell and Ian Beale (especially under Dominic Treadwell - Collins) are top characters.

Grant Mitchell pops in and out and made a big inpact in his first 10 years.

Exactly, it does my head in how underrated Steve Mcfadden is yet Ross Kemp/Grant gets all the glory.