BBUSA 18 - Pre-season news and general discussion thread!

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
Forum Member
With Big Brother Canada behind us, and Survivor coming to an end this week it can only mean one thing - Big Brother USA is just around the corner!

The show will begin on Wednesday, June 22 and is expected to run for three months until mid-September. Live feeds will of course be back!

Promo (geo-blocked): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWF8F_Srwg
If you can't see it you're not missing much, there isn't any new information - in fact watch any previous promo and you've pretty much seen this one.

There is speculation of Allstars/partially returnee cast, but there was speculation about that last year too. And the year before :p

Lets hope for a good season :D

Comments

• Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am excited.

But I hope never to see Vanessa Russo or Austwins ever again. They where awful last year. Good entertainment but Zero likability for Vanessa and Austwins reaching final 6 was a joke.

Steve was an okay winner but pretty forgettable.

Hope we get a good cast. But I fear its going to be All stars.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kalia GODDESS to return please <333

:p
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa made BB17 fantastic - travesty that she didn't win. BB17 was one of the better series, for me. I personally much preferred Sixth Sense to Summer Camp so them dominating all but two HoH's last year was excellent.

I'd prefer a line up of newbies; not keen on the idea of All Stars, and definitely don't want to see another mixed series like BB13 after the blatant manipulation shown to the vets that year >:(

I've only watched from BB12, so my returnee line up doesn't have much variety but if we do get one, I'd like to see something like:

Boys: Enzo, Andrew, Dominic, Shane, Nick, Caleb, Devin
    Girls: Porsche, Kalia, Elissa, Helen, Jessie, Candice, Nicole, Vanessa

Really struggling to name another guy, so maybe just have Shelli, Audrey or Da'Vonne take their place instead :p

Would like to see a few of the BB15 cast play again, simply because the whole racism thing brought their series down. Would be good to see them try and play the game without all that ugliness, especially Candice who was onto the guys alliance before the ugly personalities of the others came out.

Rather than 'All Stars' though, maybe follow Survivor's direction of something along the lines of 'Second Chances' as many on my list is based on potential rather than them being the standout characters of their series.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I'd love an All Stars season, not as keen on a Vet/Newbie mix like BB13. There is enough players for another All Stars season, I hope it happens in the next couple of seasons at least

My All Star line up would be

Girls
    1) JANELLE - Ultimate Queen of BBUSA. Although she needs to be like BB6/7 days, she clearly wasn't in the game for BB14.
    2) Britney H
    3) Dani D <3333
    4) Porsche
    5)Elissa
    6) Aaryn (obvious she will never get invited back but racist comments aside she was a good player in the comps)
    7) Keesha or Amanda Z

Boys
    1) Zach R
    2) Caleb
    3) Memphis
    4) Shane
    5) Russell
    6) Howie <3
    7) Frank

Please no more Jeff or Jordan (how Jeff is so popular I still don't understand). Wouldn't mind seeing Rachel/Brendon, Boogie/Dr. Will, Dan G or Dick returning either. I just know production would do anything to save them which takes the enjoyable out of the show.

Back to BB18 though, I just hope and pray to god they do not bring back Battle of the Block, it's HORRIBLE and they had the audacity to say it was a Fan Favourite Twist! WTF no it's not. Would love the MVP twist to come back.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Any news if people outside of America can watch feeds on CBS, or are they banning them again like last season?
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am afraid I can't watch the USA version when the UK version will be starting. I did love live feed and enjoyed watching the BBCAN4 feeds with little effort. But mostly because Nikki was in it and to a lessor extent Tim Dormer. I will give the US a miss especially when the UK series will be starting, so I will wait for that as that is real BB! :)
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for it to return, as much as I try to enjoy BBCAN, BBUSA is the real deal :D

Hopefully battle of the block is never returning ever again! I want either all newbies or all returning, I don't like it when they do half and half in Big Brother.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone has found a work around for cbs account blocking please point me in the right direction ;) Ta in advance :) Can't watch it at all, without LF.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    mindset wrote: »
    If anyone has found a work around for cbs account blocking please point me in the right direction ;) Ta in advance :) Can't watch it at all, without LF.

And me please.
  • Rob3008Rob3008 Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I just hope they pick a cast where one person's personality isn't so easily able to dominate the entire house. It's made the game very predictable the last 2 years with Derrick and Vanessa running the show for most of their respective seasons.

Multiple strong personalities with 2-3 sides of the house attacking one another would make for an excellent and unpredictable season.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member

So its confirmed they are doing this again >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    It looks like this year's "Houseguests may be bigoted but don't blame CBS" message will be Pink, i'm SURE this was orange last year - https://i.gyazo.com/a550c7bf158193b35d8a2206f34cb3af.png
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBrotherLeak ‏@BigBrotherLeak 43m43 minutes ago

BREAKING: We will meet the new Big Brother 18 houseguests on June 13th! Stay tuned for more details. #BB18
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This i cant watch without feeds so anybody thats got a way to watch point me in that direction thanks
    Forum Member
    Looks like there's a new pool
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjLqC22UoAA3XmH.jpg

(From JokersUpdates twitter)
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-18-countdown-is-on/

The biggest news of the preseason so far is the pending Big Brother 18 cast reveal set for June 13th, a solid nine days before the premiere. CBS is planning to again do a live stream of the cast reveal through their All Access, which is the home of the Big Brother Live Feeds. The timing hasn’t been nailed down yet, but expect it early that Monday and make sure you have your Feeds ready (Free Trial).
    Normally this is where I’d tell you about plans for our own preseason interviews, but unfortunately for the first time in five years we won’t be able to have those for you. CBS is changing things up this time around and I don’t really know what to make of that. It certainly sets off my Spidey-sense that something could be up, but if not then I hope it was someone really important who got our seat!
    Forum Member
    Robyn Kass ‏@Kassting 5h5 hours ago
    All hopefuls for #BB18 have been contacted. Thanks to everyone who applied!
    https://twitter.com/Kassting
    Forum Member
    Reilly: I’ve heard there’s going to be some returning houseguests. It’s going to be some sort of returning players versus new players, not as a coach and not what we did in season 13 where we were duos. There might be 30 people that compete to get in so it might be a season where you have to really want it to be able to stay in the game. I think they’re going to have a twist where you have to give stuff up or do a competition and they’re going to make you really want it. I know in Big Brother everyone talks about how Derrick played such a great game, but it’s more fun for me to watch the people who are there to compete because they’re the people that give us entertainment. As much fun as it is to see Derrick be everyone’s best friend, it’s not as exciting unless he has to save himself every week, which is what Dan Gheesling had to do.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-predictions-alums-896651

I'd imagine it would have to be 16 returnees and 16 new players competing in an HoH endurance comp, and maybe the longest lasting 16 overall become houseguests? That would be epic to watch, and a very cool twist that would reward a place in there to people who truly want it. No useless weak competitors (eg Victoria)! Imagine the tension watching your favourites from over the years clinging on against the threat of instant eviction?!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-predictions-alums-896651

I'd imagine it would have to be 16 returnees and 16 new players competing in an HoH endurance comp, and maybe the longest lasting 16 overall become houseguests? That would be epic to watch, and a very cool twist that would reward a place in there to people who truly want it. No useless weak competitors (eg Victoria)! Imagine the tension watching your favourites from over the years clinging on against the threat of instant eviction?!:o

You imagine they'll repeat (but expand upon) what they did at the start of BB11? Do you really believe CBS would let anyone actually see that happening, even those "fortunate" enough to be allowed to pay for the privilege? LOL :)
  • 3rd World Disco3rd World Disco Posts: 22,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You imagine they'll repeat (but expand upon) what they did at the start of BB11? Do you really believe CBS would let anyone actually see that happening, even those "fortunate" enough to be allowed to pay for the privilege? LOL :)

You know you love those 16 hour blocks of Jeffterviews. :p
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone got anything working yet for us non americans or will it be wait and see until they kick of
  • Shin AkumaShin Akuma Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Some house pics were revealed today.

House is themed "Cities of the World." The living room is themed as an airport, with the various rooms set to a theme of an international city.

Also, one of the rooms has sand. A lot of sand.
    Forum Member
    House pictures - not the professional shots but a first look nonetheless.

Not BB18 related, but it has been revealed that [Survivor cast spoiler ahead]...
    ...Caleb (from BB16) has been re-invited back to Survivor and will appear as a returnee on the 34th season which begins airing in early 2017. If anyone cares, the full lineup is here.

Filming overlaps with BB18, so if we are getting returnees this season Caleb will not be among them.
  • billieannbillieann Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As anyone found a way to see BB live feed in uk, please help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know you love those 16 hour blocks of Jeffterviews. :p

I love it all, even the bits I hate. That's true love I guess LOL, though it looks like it's going to be finally forbidden, so :(

P.S. He is Big Jeff, as you well know! ;):D