O2 iPhone MMS

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sooner MMS and SMS die the better, or at least the practise of charging for them on such a ridiculous basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all handsets had good email handling and large screens then neither would be needed, nor charged for.

SMS and MMS were limited systems designed for basic text communication what mobile data was pretty poor. Obviously a huge cash cow for operators too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I have downloaded the app and I now have mms, but the really, really cool thing is that I have taken photo's that I have stored on my ps3, which were taken with a really good camera and I am able to send them, as I now have them on my phone, the photo's that I have sent are pretty good quality too. Its not the as great as having automatic mms but it does what I need it to do.

Glad I came across this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see SMS or MMS going anywhere anytime soon considering the amount of texts us Brits send every single day. Mostly, the people who email from phones are all those Blackberry users. It must be easy enough to introduce a push email service for all phone users, isn't that essentially what SMS and MMS is? Push email for short messages. Until that time comes, if ever, then Apple really should make the iPhone MMS compatible. Having to go to that stupid O2 website which is down nearly 50% of the time is just annoying. By the time I usually get to it, the picture turns out to be a complete waste of time anyway. At least having MMS built in you would get it instantly, no hassle and if it is a completely pointless picture then you can delete it. I need MMS just to keep me sane, not because I like it, in fact I despise it, it is just when O2 says I have an MMS I have an urge to find out what it could possibly be, whether it is that girl I have been seeing or whether my friend has sent me another funny joke. Getting to that MMS is one of the most painful experiences ever.