Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not daft! I do know what an extending table is:D However, her small crappy table didn't look as if it would stretch to accomodate six people, and where was she keeping all the chairs to go with it?

In t'other room. ;):D
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    In t'other room. ;):D

Isnt Seans bed in t'other room ?
    Along with at least one wardrobe and a set of drawers lol
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Ist 10 minutes of last night's episode ...

Michelle has asbestos hands - holding her cup.

Eileen - for some unfathomable reason - is using a Dutch Cookery Book

Norris owns the shop, so why would Rita be able to talk about a job for Tina?[/QUOTE]

I thought that but there were so many SORs last night. I forgot about it.

Wasn't it also presumptuous of Tina to apply for and accept Owen's job before she mentioned it to her employer - Stella? It was just mentioned to Stella as an afterthought. :rolleyes:
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »
    This show has gone down hill fast in recent months. Just completely unrealistic

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the scriptwriters are reading this thread and thinking lets annoy the heck of those SOR analyzers and make the show even more unreal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if the scriptwriters are reading this thread and thinking lets annoy the heck of those SOR analyzers and make the show even more unreal.

Corrie will probably know of it and maybe you are right.

Michelle's flat is a pokey hole. How on earth can 3 adults live there?
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happened with Kirsty's policewoman career?

She went into a councillor's office and snooped about for incriminating paperwork, I get that.

But would you lose your job over that? Surely there would at least be an investigation and a hearing? She seemed to go straight into knicker packing!? What about her pension and medical benefits, surely she could have blamed her actions on pregnancy insanity or something ridiculous.

It just seems strange it was never followed up and now she has no job, no maternity pay, nothing. Her car seems to have vanished too?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Corrie will probably know of it and maybe you are right.

Michelle's flat is a pokey hole. How on earth can 3 adults live there?

Why don't they stay in Carla's flat?

what happened with Kirsty's policewoman career?

She went into a councillor's office and snooped about for incriminating paperwork, I get that.

But would you lose your job over that? Surely there would at least be an investigation and a hearing? She seemed to go straight into knicker packing!? What about her pension and medical benefits, surely she could have blamed her actions on pregnancy insanity or something ridiculous.

It just seems strange it was never followed up and now she has no job, no maternity pay, nothing. Her car seems to have vanished too?

Many a storyline has just fizzled ..... and we never know the outcome.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Many a storyline has just fizzled ..... and we never know the outcome.

Seems that way.

At first she was suspended by the police. However she then took a job at the 'knicker factory' and presumably resigned from the Police (is it a Service or a Force these days?!).
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommy as a security guard i don't think so !!!!

You need to be SIA licensed which is a course you have to pass and then apply for you license and and an extended CRB check. This takes weeks and can cost up to £600. The license alone is £250 + cost of mandatory course and CRB check cost !!!! I know, I have one lol.

And, 99% of private security is minimum wage now so no get rich quick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You need to be SIA licensed which is a course you have to pass and then apply for you license and and an extended CRB check. This takes weeks and can cost up to £600. The license alone is £250 + cost of mandatory course and CRB check cost !!!! I know, I have one lol.

I am sick to the back teeth of the writers not doing any research whatsoever. I am sure they look on us the viewers, as a load of numpties that won't question their ridiculous SL's
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I didn't get was people saw the police car turn up with Rita in it. Did they not question at all why Rita was being brought back in a police car (although would police seriously do that?)

No investigation or anything, or questioning Rita and Tina why they where there with Rick the loan shark. Such a stupid plot just for the sake of sensationalism.

And writers stop portraying Tina as if she is right all the time and is perfect, I personally find this character irritating. New Vera my arse!

The way Tina rudely intimidated Owen into giving her a trial run at the pub was way out of order:mad:
    Her sense of entitlement is unreal....like how dare Owen look for an experienced secretary for the job:rolleyes:
    The character is really unbearable now and Corrie are failing miserably in shaping her as the "fiesty" woman we are supposed to cheer for.
    Really want Kirsty to smack her one:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The way Tina rudely intimidated Owen into giving her a trial run at the pub was way out of order:mad:
    Her sense of entitlement is unreal....like how dare Owen look for an experienced secretary for the job:rolleyes:
    The character is really unbearable now and Corrie are failing miserably in shaping her as the "fiesty" woman we are supposed to cheer for.
    Really want Kirsty to smack her one:mad:

I totally agree with you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

unless Tina was right the first time.. he is working as a stripper!
  • S-JoS-Jo Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Plus I don't think you are supposed to TAKE the advertisement card from the shop like I'm pretty sure Tina did!?! You are supposed to write the details down and leave it in the window for other people to see! Owen said no at 1st but he wouldn't have had anymore offers as Rita had given Tina the card!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen from the spoilers that poor Tommy is suffering from exhaustion tonight, after 1 day :eek: Good job he can't have babies
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I have seen from the spoilers that poor Tommy is suffering from exhaustion tonight, after 1 day :eek: Good job he can't have babies

Hahahaha!! Poor delicate little hothouse flower, Tommy. :rolleyes::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »

I thought that too. It's pathetic how he is walking around like a zombie. He has lost less than one night sleep.

Has he never had a long night out before - same thing - at least there is no hangover to go with it and he is still kn******d!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What man notices a missing vase as soon as he walks into the room? And he didnt even look down at the sideboard before he noticed it was missing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must have missed it but did someone take over in the Kabab shop as Tracey & Ryan are in Michelles flat? It wasn't even 8pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommy crashing van - like we didnt see that coming. Exhausted after loosing less than one night's sleep. Pathetic.
  • ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What 20 year-old son would want to 'hang out' with his mother?

Jamie Baldwin
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

Not true at all. If its inhouse security then SIA is not required. Tesco security staff for instance are not SIA qualified
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Ryan and Tracey even remotely experienced to work in a fast food outlet? Two new, inexperienced workers starting together? Till experience, making pizzas, kebabs? For f#ck's sake, what a load of shite!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Tommy crashing van - like we didnt see that coming. Exhausted after loosing less than one night's sleep. Pathetic.

And it will be all Kirsty's fault and nothing to do with Tina who had been barking her orders and bossing Tommy about all day as usual. Tina will of course have yet another meltdown on Ty's doorstep.

IMO - It's a pity both Timid Tommy & Tiresome Tina weren't in the van. I know we are not meant to like Kirsty but actually I don't mind what she does and says to T&T.

Fireman to Eileen re Lesley - 'Forget her, I'm with you now.' Er, do you remember Lesley? - love of your life - met at school - married to her for years - had Alzheimer's - died in tragic accident less than 6 months ago- in house where you now live - Eileen's fault. Yep, forget her Paul. She was nothing. Who writes this insensitive crap? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Are Ryan and Tracey even remotely experienced to work in a fast food outlet? Two new, inexperienced workers starting together? Till experience, making pizzas, kebabs? For f#ck's sake, what a load of shite!

Another 2 jobs got on Corrie by a druggie and a murderer at that! Yet poor old Carl who 'only' cheated can't get a job. Not very consistent is it? :rolleyes:

I don't know if it's a SOR that Ryan would be interested in Traceyluv but I didn't feel at all sorry for Michelle when she found out. Were we meant to be?
This discussion has been closed.