GAME now selling 3DS / Wii U eShop codes.

MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
Still pricey, but some of the Wii U games are £8 cheaper than downloading from the eShop directly. Free delivery too.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/nintendo-eshop/wii-u
http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/nintendo-eshop/3DS

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a bonkers concept.

Go online, buy a online code, wait for it to come in physical form through the post then redeem the code you receive online.

At least its cheaper...
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend tried it. They got the code immediately via email
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes a lot more sense then. They normally label such items as Download (MS Points etc).

Edit: actually I see what they've done. They're using the same product pages for retail and download codes so you have two buying options, hence not stylised like MS points on the browse pages.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    A unusal concept!

Why isn't it the same price at the eshop in the first place?
    Well, actually I think I know why? It's because Nintendo want Game/retailers to stock thier stuff and be on display.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's better then Eshop but I still don't understand why anyone would download when u can buy for £10 cheaper via amazon. :confused:
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's better then Eshop but I still don't understand why anyone would download when u can buy for £10 cheaper via amazon. :confused:

For a portable system, I can understand, it saves carrying all those game cards about.

For home consoles/wii U, I agree there's little point for the extra expense, expect maybe you don't want to get up and swap discs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii U also has next to no storage so you also have to buy additional storage unless you're just gonna get a couple of games.

No idea how large Wii U games are, anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Wii U also has next to no storage so you also have to buy additional storage unless you're just gonna get a couple of games.

No idea how large Wii U games are, anyone?

Yep! an external HDD is pretty much essential ... u can fill the WiiU's internal flashstorage with only 2/3 games ... some downloadable titles are 15GB+ such as batman & Lego city undercover. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    For a portable system, I can understand, it saves carrying all those game cards about.

For home consoles/wii U, I agree there's little point for the extra expense, expect maybe you don't want to get up and swap discs.

Yep! Being able 2 play ya 3DS / WIiU titles without having 2 change cartridges / disks is absolutely fantastic :cool: but considering u can get some titles for almost £15 cheaper then eshop (&Game) via amazon you'd have 2 be a right lazy git! ;)
    Forum Member
    yes, wii U is not designed for downloading large retail games (small eshop and Virtual Console games are fine) and I don't think buying an non-Nintendo HDD is the way to go. It looks like a mess, so sticking to disks is right thing to do.

Looks like Nintendo didn't think this one out. They'll probably come up with a bigger storage version of the wii U later.